Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

It's really a no-win situation. The programs that have to halted sound like wonderful programs for the students. However, I do think that Bobb is overstepping. But do I want the school board in control? Not a chance.

I cannot say that if I were Bobb, I'd be itching to work with the school board as they only seek controversy and are extraordinarily inept. He still has to work within the designed parameters and with what the public elected. I don't think Bobb is the answer for all as his conflicts of interest and shift towards privatization do have me concerned.

Wasn't Bobb denied power over academics by both the governor and the legislature? I wondering what their reasoning for that was......

Quote Originally Posted by laurin View Post
    It's really a no-win situation. The programs that have to halted sound like wonderful programs for the students. However, I do think that Bobb is overstepping. But do I want the school board in control? Not a chance.

I cannot say that if I were Bobb, I'd be itching to work with the school board as they only seek controversy and are extraordinarily inept. He still has to work within the designed parameters and with what the public elected. I don't think Bobb is the answer for all as his conflicts of interest and shift towards privatization do have me concerned.

Wasn't Bobb denied power over academics by both the governor and the legislature? I wondering what their reasoning for that was......
    Yes, this is a tough situation. The governance struture is out of balance. Whenever that happens in any institution you are going to have problems. On one hand you have a board that collectively doesn't have the political will-power to make the tough decisons, that botched the search for a super because of a deficient pool of candidates, and didn't put enough internal controls in place so a scam like what happened with risk management could occur. Then on the other hand you have a person with only a lame-duck governor to report to. We need a governance structure that can reflect the will of the people yet be effective. Hopefully once the mayor takes over and puts his person in place the balance will come closer to the center.