Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 97 of 432 FirstFirst ... 47 87 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hey Dude!

Attachment 1613
    Last edited by det313grrl; July-29-09 at 10:50 PM.

What's a gag kazoo?

Okay, I forgot who all has birthdays this week and in the near future. Mine is on Thursday. I know Gus's is coming up real soon but I can't remember which day. I remember we were talking about it before and there were a number of people. Who is ya?

Life Larry. Life is a gag kazoo.

OG - you can put Mark Swanberg on that list - and add Larry McCourt's wedding anniversary.

I should have said "Hey Stnfrnt", if I got my dates right.

Mark wrote:
    >>Hey Rick can you post the words to HOOVER WAS MOVER so we can sing along.

Sure, I'll repost it tonight. Also, I'll print out some lyric sheets and bring them to the party.

And remember:

Hoover was the man if instant party was your plan
    Bring back Johnny Winter, bring back the whole damn band!
    Front stage, back stage, young girls any age
    Who could ever forget?

Hey Dgrl........great card! Is that you? Actually, tomorrow is the day I qualify for Social Security Retirement Benefits. Now I have to go look for a job!

Happy Birthday to all the rest of you old farts!*

Attachment 1614

*Mark "4string" Swanberg doesn't qualify as an old fart........................yet.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-23-09 at 01:49 AM.

Your the Man Rick

ya detgrrl I thunk stnfrnts is the June 9th... O.G. the 11th ... mine was April 27th...

Ah, my bad.
    Stnfrnt, I found this lovely greeting, no, I am not "Voodoo Girl", nor have I ever been a redhead, but the name does apply.
    Last edited by det313grrl; June-08-09 at 11:50 AM.

Dgrl.......it's all about the eyepatch.

Happy really belated birthday, Gleeman.

Hey Hoover.........are you going to need a teleprompter? I've got one, but it only reads out in Hebrew or Latin. Will that be a problem? I mean...you do live in Florida.

OG, regarding your post #2397, I'm pretty much in agreement as to how badly I feel and how reluctant I am about seeing the former site of the Gar Wood. I did receive satisfaction and I was glad to document it in photos it for you all. Over the years I've had more than enough opportunities to visit the Gar Wood, from landside and the river, but I've generally just passed. I took pictures from the river in the late 70's and/or early 80's, only one of which still survives. One of those times I was on a friend's boat. He suggested we pull up and possibly explore the estate. The house was gone but the boat house remained. I just looked at him and said, 'no thanks!' It's a very sad situation for me, as I'm sure it is for all of us. It's compounded for me because of all of the beautiful and historic structures that have met a similar fate in Detroit during my lifetime. Briggs/Tiger Stadium is the most recent, and ongoing example. Regardless, I'll take people by Grayhaven if they'd like to see it.

1kd.......thanks, but I think I'll pass on that offer. Same reasons.

Attachment 1616
    Gooder
    Attachment 1617
    Not so gooder.
    Oh the horror!
    Last edited by old guy; October-16-09 at 08:13 PM.

what's up Larry MCourt? still in d town ,get your dancing shoes out you must have a few left?? There is going be a reunion like you have never seen , Wish I was there all you lucky folks hang out in A2 for the real deal Mover included, make a toast to the rest of us not there, Thanks Rona

Right on. Right on.

We'll definitely have a toast to you Rona. Wish you could make it, but if you can't, you're in a pretty nice spot.

1KD, I still wouldn't mind tipping a few in Detroit though.

Just got back from the DR. bad news no lap dances for 8 more weeks.

Hoover........you can sit and watch, can't you? I mean, what's the harm in that? What's a "DR"?

I think you're missing the point Larry. He gives lap dances. Puts an Al Green CD on and works the audience. Does pretty good from what I hear. $300-$400 a night during hurricane season.

Well, looky here! Our own, Jeep Capone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR-xn...eature=related

You rock Jeep .

PHP Code:
    [quote=old guy;29630]Welllooky hereOur ownJeep Capone
    It's fun to see that on this thread. Thank you Old Guy.... I feel honored to be a GarWoodian.... I was just having fun. Hope you all enjoy it.

Stillrockin.... Thank you my friend! -- If I were you I'd get a new Doctor or at the very least a second opinion on that no lap dance order. Sounds like you make some pretty good bread doing that work according to Old Guy.
    Last edited by Drummer21; June-08-09 at 06:01 PM.

Page 97 of 432 FirstFirst ... 47 87 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 107 147 197 ... LastLast