Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 96 of 432 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Stnfrnt wrote:
    >>Rickbeall is starting a pool and taking bets on exactly what time Hoover will either fall out of his wheelchair or stumble and crash into a table.

Right now the big bet is 7 pm. What a minute! That's an hour before the party starts! Who will protect us from Alice Cooper?

We gotta keep Hoover mover'ing at least til 10.

stnfrnt,

I suspect that poster #1 Rocketwhit is/was a Detroit Yes historian type like myself interested in the story
    but not a first hand veteran of the Gar Wood.
    The initial posts date back to January of '08 when I shared Gar Wood pictures with Rocketwhit credited to the world famous Grande Ballroom photographer Ruth Hoffman. Can't say what became of the other original posters mentioned.
    It took a few short months for the word to spread before the explosion in popularity happened.
    I'd love to see a graph of the number of posts by month ... that would be wild.

See y'all at the reunion!

Leo B

Rickbeall....Hoover has to be IN THE BAR at the time in order to collect.

Damn.....that chopper entrance is world class. That guy is somethin' else, ain't he. I can't wait for the helium song.

Leo B......the graph WOULD be cool; for a lot of different reasons. I'd like to play with that data and graph it out myself. Lowell probably has that info in the DY log, but I have a feeling the archives have what I need. Outstanding!!

Last edited by det313grrl; July-30-09 at 10:47 AM.

Attachment 1598

Attachment 1599

Attachment 1600

Attachment 1601

Attachment 1602

Thought I'd re-post it for those who missed it.
    Last edited by det313grrl; July-30-09 at 10:47 AM.

Hugs and kisses...Attachment 1607

Attachment 1608
    Last edited by Margie; October-14-09 at 06:54 AM.

Margie, now that's a flashback. I haven't seen the real thing [[windowpane) nor a reproduction, in about 40 years. WOW! Thanks.

Heres a good one also.........Attachment 1609
    Last edited by Margie; October-14-09 at 06:54 AM.

Not a Garwood person, but have crossed paths long ago with some through music.
    Enjoy your reunion. Pace yourself, but keep on truckin'......
    Peace To All

Stoney, I don't know what to say about visiting Greyhaven. It's a gated and guarded community now. I had some friend's who lived there a few years ago, but I never visited them because I thought they'd be there forever. One day I received a message that said they'd moved out of state. I was bummed for not taking advantage of the opportunity, when it had presented itself, to visit the place. We can do a drive by - literally, not figuratively.

Can we drive-by Ralph's house?

There's a big sale on pick-axes down at the new Audi dealership.

Last edited by stnfrnt; June-23-09 at 01:49 AM.

Thank you, Det313grrl, it's the first time I've seen the complete, readable article.

Teams that have won the first two games of the Stanley Cup Finals have taken the Cup home 31 out of 32 times.
    GO RED WINGS!!

My Cubs got thumped.

Bobl...thanks.

I grew up in Detroit, and have been following this novel for a year and a half. Safe travel to all and have a great time this weekend!!!

Hey Rick can you post the words to HOOVER WAS MOVER so we can sing along.

Thanks Hoover

Bobl, Southernboy and all who have been reading this story, thank you for your good wishes and for adding to the conversation as it grew.
    We shall raise a glass to you at the party.

And just wait for the stories we'll tell after the party!

Hey Larry I want to thank you for your support on HOOVER WAS A MOVER good buddy.

Spent weekend in Savanna Go in the rain a little soggy but ready to pack and head out to A2. Looking forward to the gathering.

Larry, I'm pretty sure that Ralph's house is still on the real estate market. You could pose as a buyer and hang around there for a while. There's no way in the world that anyone could drag me back to the old site of the Garwood though. Way too depressing for me. Neighborhoods like that make me want to vomit without knowing what used to be there. I think a drive on to the island now would just about do me in.

BigB, what are you talking about/ Collier site/whore? You lost me. That site is our visual centerpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by ruth View Post
    Bobl, Southernboy and all who have been reading this story, thank you for your good wishes and for adding to the conversation as it grew.
    We shall raise a glass to you at the party.

And just wait for the stories we'll tell after the party!
    Pics would be in order. Just remember that there are lurkers out here, both harmless like me [[warrants in five States west of the Mississippi, but always on my best behavior here), and others.....
    Does anyone remember "Orange Wedge", which nearly did me in?

Hey BushMark don't forget the kazoos we will need 124 of then.For Hoover was Mover.

Hoover

The gag kazoo's right?

Page 96 of 432 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 106 146 196 ... LastLast