Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 62 of 432 FirstFirst ... 12 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

...speaking of sports, .. today John Collier beat me in Tennis, 2 sets, 6-3, 6-3. and my bod is aching... but then we went back to his crib and drank coffee, iced tea, and ate home made blueberry cobbler...and I feel much better...

Whaler I hope yer checkin out the great playoffs now with Celtics-Orlando and Cavaliers-Atlanta and seeing how Lebron is the MAN ...MVP

Ya, I consulted with Bushmark on this and we both agree; the 4ohm gravel-modulater was a good choice. Have you seen my pink capris out there anywhere? I'm starting to get nervous; the party is getting nearer and I might need some alterations done. "The Boys" are gonna be 'stylin for the stars' out on the red carpet, so I must be presentable. Ruth had Ronald McDonald all lined up to do pre-bash interviews, but, as you can see, Ronnie's got problems right now; called collect and said he can't make it--prior commitment.

Attachment 1088

Maybe Hoover could make a few calls and get a replacement; a show biz pal maybe? He'll need the SM-58 though. Don't forget it.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-12-09 at 03:29 PM.

Does anybody want to see Lakers vs. Cavs? Kobe vs. LeBron? Im goin with Markley here LeBron--MVP in everything.

Goose Lake and interviews of Michigan bands. There's some pretty good stuff on the side slide bar too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Gx3L5lKDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK7wC...eature=related

This is pretty good too. A lot of SRC on the sidebar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX3E0...eature=related

Gus, remember the show in Illinois with Bob Seger, Teegarden & VanWinkle and Ted Nugent on Halloween? We came up a little short at the door and Nugent came out on the stage, said he wouldn't perform and the audience should riot or something. Some guy on Angel dust went nuts and dove off the balcony into the people on the main floor. Finally some guy signed over his Corvette to Nugent and then he performed. What a jerk. That was an expensive night. Somebody stole a cops leather jacket. The only insurance company that would cover the show was Lloyds of London because it was Halloween. I think that was 1968.

Larry, this isn't what you were putting on there was it? The Les Paul Sunburst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzRxN...eature=related

It is a Peter Green youtube bonanza. I emailed one to HiWatt. Markley's next. Thanks

Hey Merryman your pink capri pants are on the wall of the hard rock cafe down here in Hollywood Fl. It's says guitar player unknown.

Stillrockin.....I LOVE YOU!

Hey Ya'All...Just got home from work..Lots to Catch up on...1kd..Yes San Diego Lived in OB...Pointe Loma..Ah Yessss...Gleeman..following the NBA on the computer at work...Have La on Now...about the Mics.. do you have phantom pwr2.5 volts...Some mics need it ones usually with a switch..but i am sure you already know that..If you need Sm58s for the reunion I have a few brand new ones..Stone are the Santa Annas still kickin up ... Looks bad in Santa Barbara
    Rona slacks and topsiders hahaha How about Birkenstocks and a Grateful Dead , Michigan, or Rock N Roll Hall of FameTee Shirt.. Tiger Ballcap, But I will clean up for the Party

Jeff Mazaratti [[really) signed over his Corvette. Turned out to be a real clusterf&#%k, but it got worked out. Stonefront opened that show and my amp blew on about the 2nd song. Karl Sonnenberg and Dave Karas tried to borrow one from Nugent. He said, "Sure, for $100". Seger said, "Here, try this one". There you have it. I wonder who stole that cop's leather jacket. BushMark, did any of those cops recognize you?

You guys are a wealth of Rock 'n Roll history. Seger helps out after Nugent acts like a prick. It figures. Nice story. We could publish a book of short stories and vignettes from our times in the music and counter culture scene of the 60's. Looking back, isn't it cool how so much of the music scene back then was local and interconnected. Everybody was one step, or one bit of luck, away from being a star. I always thought because of the scene at the Gar Wood, the bands and people playing and jamming there, with Stonefront leading the way, that international fame would be the end result. Million sellers. Teevee shows. The BIG time! After all is said and done, we lived through some s*+t that no one else experienced.

1kd......fame would have f%$#ed everything up back then. What we had there is priceless. Then Hoover got famous,and, well...............whatever. Plus, nobody in the Detroit music scene was willing to "sell out", so to speak. Not much glitter and hair with spandex. The only band that went that route and made it big time couldn't get through the door at a Gar Wood party. Mr Hoover, you showed some real integrety that night. Well done!

OG, thanks for the links for Goose Lake. Some memories of the festival - Naked Sunday. Bikers riding in the back gate wearing next to nothing - maybe chaps or vests or headbands. People walking around naked, tripping. My neighbor, the goody, goody, catholic, schoolgirl from Our Lady of Lourdes, walking around topless. I just about shit. I saw her at our class reunion a few years ago and she denied it. They weren't allowing bikes in the park, so a couple of bikers at the gate saw I was being forced to leave mine in the bike area. They got the guard's attention, by creating a diversion, while I slipped in. I paid 'em back with a couple of cans of oil and an oil spout. The guy who OD'd and jumped from a speaker tower. Some assh*#+s selling bleach in capsules representing it as ?????? The MISTAPO in helicopters hovering over the lake watching naked hippie chicks swimming. Some friends and I 'liberated' food from a food concession shack. They were way overcharging for pork and beans from #10 cans, anyway. We broke in in the middle of the night and gave all the food away. In the morning, Teagarden and Van Winkle [[the festival emcees) came on and ragged about the terrible people who B&E'd the shack and stole the food in the night. Monday morning after the festival. If I'd had a semi-truck, I could've made a fortune in lawn furniture, tents, sleeping bags and paraphernalia left behind by departing concert goers. And that doesn't even include the dope that was disposed of. One morning we awoke to a loud speaker outside of our tent. There was a red semi-trailer with a mike and a PA at the rear doors. A guy was auctioning marijuana. Dave Aikens, a CMU'er and frequenter of the Gar Wood, was buying garbage bags full of weed.

Stoney, OG, you guys entertain me to no end! I usually go to bed laughing my a*# off after reading this stuff. Thank you and good night

One more quickee for the fishing fans.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; May-19-09 at 10:11 PM.

hi dudes ya lakers and cavs would be my ultimate this year, and I gotta like the cavs because Lebron is so good and so funny

theres only 1 song that I ever liked by Nugent -the early hit he had w/ Amboy dukes...something about "your Mind" but he was also good w/ Damn Yankees probly because of their stellar harmonies...

guys I double dated with Scott Richard in high school and he was a pretty wild a*ss when me and Chris .Pepper [[remember her Lar when we drove to Rockford for a weekend in my VW microbus and we all dropped Ac in some gay chicks syckadelic house with the painted toilet seat) [[ and guess who else you met that night- Don _____ [[I'll remember his last name later who ended up as a pro bass player that played w/ Coloradus which was Rick Stockwell's brother on guitar) !!!!! this IS a very small world) !!!!! ? !!!!!
    were partyin in my Rambler American in the back seat at the drive-in

no don't clean up Whaler this is the gar wood dirty bellbottoms and sandals w/ dirty feet that glo in a dark thats just my take...would be a good night to grow a hippie just for the detroit news and Englands River Wye... right Stone ? oK mebbe not

I think BLACK LIGHTS would be appropriate and plenty a pachouli oil .. see I spelled THAT right...

I'm relly on aroll here... Ruth maybe email Bog Seger and tell him about the eVenT but he still has ta pay the $35.00, and Hoover meet'em at the door...

if I didn't hafta reply to my reply it wouldn't seem right ... 1K this IS the book, and we're approaching 20,000 HITS

glee I've already emailed Seger. haven't heard anything from him yet.

Does anybody remember the "Tea" and Phil Nye ? He was my old roomate. And a little bluegrass thrown in .

Page 62 of 432 FirstFirst ... 12 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 72 112 162 ... LastLast