Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 275 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hybrid View

You guys better be nice to Ruth.Or you will have to answer to me .

I'm shakin' in my huaraches.

Attachment 1375
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-08-09 at 03:00 AM.

Stn, the Hooveround has a pre-emptive paint gun hidden and MA3 Rocket launcher, so better treet SR right...

Ruth had to be nude because otherwise there was no way to guarantee where Hoover would land.

Hey everyone. Did you miss me??? I've been busier than a one legged man in a ass kicking contest

Bentspur......hey, man. me and Hoover were worried that you really did go hunting with Dick Cheney. Welcome home. Does your county jail give you "2 for 1" with good behavior like LA County Jail does? Just curious.

Here's a good unwind-er for you. Sounds like you could use something that won't show up in a random test.

1) Shut off all lights.
    2) Enlarge and project Markley's incredible "Through the Window" creation.
    3) Dig out your old Fleetwood Mac collection and find the "Mystery to Me"
    album with Bob Welch on it.
    4) Cue up a song called "Hypnotized".
    5)) Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Attachment 1382
    Last edited by stnfrnt; April-17-10 at 08:13 PM.

Good idea stnfrnt..been awhile since we listened to them.....heres a link>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI4kNCzX6w4

Welcome back bentspur, What have You been up to? You are still coming to the reunion right?

I was checking on some snoopy stuff, [[yes! as a young girl I had a dog named snoopy) and came across this info regarding Archie , Betty ,Veronica etc. along with some of the top music from that sugar sugar year.
    Hope everyone enjoys the info...

http://www.davidfalloure.com/Snoopy.html

GREAT Bentspur, now we could make a few branding jokes but I bet you heard them all.
    I do have to say that the strangest calf I ever saw had six legs, and two were hanging from the head area. Looked like dangling earrings. I had to do a double take.
    This is a true story OG really I was so mad.. because that was the
    first time I was without my camera while house hunting in northern MI.
    I needed to take a road break so I pulled off the side of the road by some cows & calfs.
    A long time ago a classmate named Fred taught me that if you play an instrument like a guitar to the cows they will come to the fence line.
    Well I did not have anything other then my voice so I started singing [[I am tone deaf) but believe it or not the cows & calfs all came to the fence and that was how I saw my six legged calf.
    They could have cared less that I was off key.
    I have a sign on my fridge "that says sing like no one is listening"

Guys our computer crashed and we lost everything....but we are ok...workin on it XOXOXO

Attachment 1384
    Last edited by Margie; October-14-09 at 06:54 AM.

Bentspur.......sorry. I seemed to have gotten you mixed up with BushMark. He was talking about cop stings the other day.

I wasn't in jail! I worked around my place and then went out to South Dakota. It was branding time on the Pine Ridge Reservation. I go out there every spring for branding. It keeps me up on my roping and riding. Must have branded over 3000 head. My friend has 1200 and then helped a few neighbors to account for the others. I did read the thread while I was gone but I did it on my cell phone. I could read it but could not post cause of the kb charges and I can't type very good with my thumbs on the phone. I see I had a few messages and apoligize for not answering them for the same reason as above.

I read that and really thought about how true it could be. I sure hope the reunion isnt a trick to get me back to Detroit.

GEE Margie and Bigb23 who also had some virus really sorry for the loss.
    It is really frustrating and hope all is somewhat back on track.

The first time that happened to me my home owners insurance paid to replace the mechanics but not the programing [[it was do to an extreme electrical storm). I soon learned how to tear a comp. apart and rebuild and program it. But those dang viruses would still sneak in and challenge me.
    By the time I learned one thing someone came up with a newer faster better
    machine or program. Basically, I found that my friends with macs were not bitching as much so hence I am now a happy computerer or a happy macker. That does sound kinda funny, I'll have to find a cartoon picture of a happymac.

Candyman how was NM???

Detgrrl
    WOW to all those photos
    you make me remember my downtown days, I loved that riverfront, spent many lunch hours there, in windy weather. It alway felt like that wind just lifted your spirits , I really treasured those times. Thanks!!!!

Default NM

Quote Originally Posted by Isle_of_fun View Post
    Candyman how was NM???
    Taos looked allot like Colorado to me. Probably some older adobe buildings. We did pick up an Apache drum there that is awesome.

Default Its all cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentspur View Post
    I read that and really thought about how true it could be. I sure hope the reunion isnt a trick to get me back to Detroit.
    I think we all have a little paranoia left over from our past lives, but, like Sug said "its past the statute of limitations".

Neil, love the story about the mayor.

Good to hear from you Bentspur.

Gary I'd be up for something besides Karaoke. I'm listening to it right now from the bar across the street. Gets a little old. Actually there's a juggler in front of my office right now with a mic hooked up to a remote amplifier that's across the street, telling bad jokes and juggling something while riding a unicycle. Then the karaoke will start up again. Oyh. I'd go home but there's a huge wooden roller coaster about 250 feet from my back door with groups of people screaming at the top of their lungs until a little after midnight, every night until labor Day. Also a fake volcano that explodes with a 40 foot fireball every 17 minutes and lights up the inside of my house. To the right of my house is a ride called the Skyscraper that spins people 160 feet in the air and the people scream this hideous, horrible scream that I can't even describe. But on the other side of my house I have to chase deer out of my garden constantly and scare raccoons off my front deck. And yes, when it's hot out and the bars open their doors at night I can hear people singing karaoke from across the river until bar time. So yeah, I could use a break. They did move the jet heliport that was on the other side of my house a few years back. I think Gus might remember that. That helped.

Neil, I think I mentioned before that I was living near Taos just before the Garwood. At some hot springs up towards Arroyo Seco in the high desert. We used to drive into Taos and buy wine and rice and supplies. Then we'd go back behind the old buildings in the alleys and buy canvas sacks of peyote. Back then there were a lot of dirt streets and an old western type jail with a couple of cells just like you'd see in the movies. I also mentioned, [[I think) that when we had that conference at the Garwood when William Kunstler was there, that the people catering that weekend said they recognized me. We got to talking and I realized I had met them up in the mountains above the desert and drank wine together one night. Looks like it's really changed out there.

Thank God, the International Torture Museum that's 2 doors down from my office just closed for the night. They actually have fake corpses that scream. It's no wonder I drink.

Margie......real sorry about your computer crash. I know you can get it worked out. Love that fish animate.

Hoover......BushMark needs a personal message from you. Something about campfires.

Candy....ever been to Tularosa, NM. My friend built his house on top of a mesa out there. He loves it. I can see why. Let's go there. Bring your drums. He's got a studio in there. You might check out www.myspace.com/ron45becker. He recorded those tunes using a mac and a program called Band In a Box [[biab). Got some unique rhythm stuff going on.

Attachment 1389

Attachment 1388
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-08-09 at 03:00 AM.

Good morning lovely people.

Hey Mark, did I ask you if you had someone to pick you up at the airport?

Happy Birthday Margie, also looking forward to meeting you.

Happy Birthday Margie..Just returned from the Det Yes Picnic Had a great chat with Mr Collier..Nice to see you John...Lowell says Hey to everyone...Stone I plugged my camera into the USB port as usual..did not recognize it[[I just love Vista) any ideas????

ha ha Margie...just kidding on yer b'day... you look just ROCKIN no matter the age... see ya after Weds...Attachment 1391
    Last edited by Gleeman; March-26-10 at 01:57 PM.

Happy Bday Margie
    See you soon!

Page 6 of 275 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 106 ... LastLast