Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 355 of 432 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 365 405 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    i don't get it......
    You, OG and I crewing the ice boat.

Candy, gitter up and gitter goin', y'all.

Candy... yah git up, .. but...take her kinda easy...
    Last edited by Gleeman; January-13-11 at 12:11 PM.

Default Blue...

Attachment 8574kinda BLUE aren't we ...?? here's a blue to match...
    Last edited by Gleeman; January-13-11 at 12:12 PM.

Well alright! Blocked artery, heart attack and one stint later,good to be back in the groove. Peace and love to all.

Candy Feel better Bro...I have not been here in a while what is up with the Blue...Peace...Whaler

Hey Lowell..thanks. Much better.goes Markley.......again! nIce!
    Last edited by stnfrnt; January-14-11 at 11:20 AM.

Hey, I don't know if you guys are familiar with this or not. I was doing some research this morning for an article about the depression, primarily 1932, and ran across this guitar. Supposedly it's the first commercial electric guitar. They coined it The Frying Pan and it was built by Rickenbacker and two other guys in 1932.
    Here's a link to the article.

http://www.gear-vault.com/electric-g...on-frying-pan/

OG.....great heads-up. Thanks.

Hey guys - been awhile since I posted on this thread, but when I saw this picture, I thought immediately - GARWOOD !

Attachment 8585

bigb23.....i think that's gleeman up at his cabin on west torch lake.......before he shaved.

Default Leonard Cohen,

Crack in everything.....

"There is a crack in everything, thats how the light gets in"....

I heard the other day the late Elisebeth liked that line from our friend Leonard Cohen and it made me feel a little closer to her and understand her a little better knowing she liked that line. Too bad she passed away.

Next...

I just want to acknowledge the gratitude I have to brother Gleeman. His work is excellent....he is the man. He did the poster for my movie that airs Feb. 28 wtvs Detroit Public tv at 7:30 and 10:30

How do you add photos?

John, if you start typing in the text box or click the Reply to Thread you go to quick reply by default. If you want to post a photo click the Go Advanced Tab on the bottom right. Then go to the attachment icon above the text box, click it and follow instructions to add an attachment. Have a beer, and try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by john collier View Post
    How do you add photos?
    Here are instructions from Lowell himself.

the boat in post 8860 needs a bigger engine to be of Garwood credibility in order to reach some kind of plane on the water..

John, if you have questions, email me. [[You'll have to make a downsized copy-save it as jpg file to your desktop at about 8 inches @ 100 ppi to send on the GWood blog...

I'm doing a lot of painting lately so if I seem a little incommunicado, blame ART. I have 2500 paintings to do before I die. I'm on 23 right now.

O.G...thanks for showing me wut a prototype electric looks like... kinda butt-ugly, but I guess they had ta start somewhere...

Candy... ...can't be so Bad, right ?
    Last edited by Gleeman; January-14-11 at 09:00 PM. Reason: thoughts didn't merge right

"then ya' get so stoned that ya' moan and groan"

Attachment 8589
    "then ya' fall down on the ground....
    well that's alllllright"...moby grape

BTW......big Kudos to Lowell on this new thingie. I e-mailed him yesterday telling him we really had the blues over here. 15 minutes later we didn't have them any more....pretty cool..huh?

OG.....The Packers looked pretty good yesterday.....actually, maybe a little more than 'pretty good'...

Gleeman, What can I say? It was a heart attack. Keep thinking that if God forbid it should happen to you. I'm on the mend.

Default Feb 28th at 7:30 and 10:30 wtvs public tv detroit

Watch my documentary ..file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/computer/Desktop/ruby%20castle-mar%20case.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by john collier View Post
    Watch my documentary ..file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/computer/Desktop/ruby%20castle-mar%20case.jpg
    Uhhhhh....not quite sure how to do that....

Gleeman, excuse me if I'm wrong. I'm just an emotional old fool. I couldn't tell if you were talking about me or the ancient electric guitar. To me it kinda' resembled the sitar, that is really ancient [[kinda' like me a?).A fellow in the "Buena Vista Social Club" tape played kind of a strange instrument with lots of strings on it also. I think he called it a Cuban "Leuk" or something like that.

Hey OG, My Dad lived in New York City during the depression years. He said that rent was free and most every one had herbs growin' in a "pot" on thier window sill. It seems like history may repeat itself.

uh yeah, Candy... I was referring to the guitar ...you know that [[now) ... hope your strength grows with every day ...

AAAYYYEEEE How Bout Dem Bears.......Could It happen ? ? ? ?
    Last edited by gash; January-17-11 at 10:16 AM.