Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 275 of 432 FirstFirst ... 175 225 265 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 285 325 375 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Say it ain't so, Hoover.
    Yes, say it ain't so.

Quote Originally Posted by stillrockin View Post
    Zippy and my friends from the Garwood I won't be attending the party this year But I wish that everbody has as much fun I did last year,

Hoover
    i'M CONFUSSED WHAT'S A PARTY WITH [[OUT)HOOVER AND HIS FRIENDS, WHO'S GOING TO PLAY THE PART ONLY YOU CAN DO IT /AND I KNOW YOU CAN, YOU BEST SHOW UP AND PARTY YOUR ASS OFF Rick please come an sing Hoover the Mover

Quote Originally Posted by gash View Post
    Highhat my friend, do what ever it takes to be there ....... We don't want to invoke the "Mandatory Attendance Rule", but we will if we have to.....And you wont like the consequences....or maybe you will, it has to do with the Window and Bush Mark, thats all I can say ............

Just a random thought ........GDGT
    I`m not saying no..... and the thought of y`all unleashing Bushmark on me weighs heavily on the positive side... maybe there`s a way I can book time at the downtown music shop so I can refresh my limbs to respond to my mind.
    Last edited by highhat; March-25-10 at 03:56 PM.

Highhat a lot of us haven't played in a while...you should come anyway...I'm even going to not do any Chuck Berry so Hoover won't have to hear a "Rolling Stones" song... c'mon Hoover...man up ...

Default Life Mag and beyond--answers to the question

I remember sending my pic of the Garwood to Life and also Playboy Magazine. Playboy told me they were only interested in stories of the main stream variety that involved commercial value.
    My contacts at Life were good and I had some other pics published there including one double truck of a couple with big leafs [[like Adam and Eve) from a Rock Festival in Porto Rico. But, I think the Garwood shots somehow got lost in the shuffle.
    Life has a great on line service now, maybe I should re-submit.
    It seemed to me the story of the Mansion was interesting and proof may be in young Ken Klemmer who recognized the value of the story. Here an intelligent and well educated man recognized the value of events . He told me he might write a book on the subject and I encouraged him but he is busy and without a retainer.
    No doubt this Garwood stuff is remarkable. We who lived those days know what a great adventure we were on.

Default Thanks for the memories, before you could buy memory

Thanks Stnfrt for the news about Jim Marshall-I met him several times, he was as unlikely a rock person as ever in life. He just looked older and strighter than most rock people I have ever met, but a great photographer with great photographs .

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeman View Post
    Attachment 5595Zippy gets caught...
    That's hilarious. I can't imagine Hoopty with a big grin like that unless he caught me.

[quote=gash;132697]Highhat my friend, do what ever it takes to be there ....... We don't want to invoke the "Mandatory Attendance Rule", but we will if we have to.....And you wont like the consequences....or maybe you will, it has to do with the Window and Bush Mark, thats all I can say ............

gash, you almost forgot the other part of the "Mandatory Attendance Rule". That's the part where 'Machine Gun Mike Kelly' comes ripping through the audience to get you from the locker room, or maybe your own home, to return you to the ring. highhat, hear this warning, Big Mike may come after you if you don't show up. I'm sure Mike will insist on a tag team match [[on drums).
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; May-13-10 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrona View Post
    Alright then lets all bring meat to grill and pot luck lots of side dishes, to grind all day LONG??? can we have drums and amps there as well ???sounds like we could Kick out the jams YA BABY that 's what I'm talking about
    rockin girl, I thought you said you were bringing shark and Blue Fin Tuna steaks.

RASSLIN`G...Oh boy ...more flashs..Uncle Rit was the ring announcer at Pontiac Armory in early ~60`s...watched Fritz Von Erich get a rat tail comb stuck into a butt cheek by a 95lbs. 60ish grandma...not mine.
    Last edited by highhat; March-26-10 at 01:34 AM.

Highhat a lot of us haven't played in a while...you should come anyway...I'm even going to not do any Chuck Berry so Hoover won't have to hear a "Rolling Stones" song... c'mon Hoover...man up ...
    Hell.... if I minded being embarrased I wouldn`t leave the house...ever. My coming to Detroit isn`t about the music ..it`s about my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    rockin girl, I thought you said you were bringing shark and Blue Fin Tuna steaks.
    Dibs on KFC cole slaw....about 2 gallons?
    Last edited by highhat; March-25-10 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by highhat View Post
    Hell.... if I minded being embarrased I wouldn`t leave the house...ever. My coming to Detroit isn`t about the music ..it`s about my friends.
    highhat, thanks for that comment. Rona and I just got off of the phone talking about the reunion. We agreed on your exact point. We also agreed that though we might not know everyone real well, we all shared a unique time and place in the world. There's an old saying [[I'm paraphrasing) : 'if you remember it you might not have been there'. Well, as far as I'm concerned, I remember a lot of stuff, particularly as it applies to the Gar Wood, AND I WAS THERE. I may not remember everything accurately, but we're all here to piece it together and come up with our alibis.

Dibs on KFC cole slaw....about 2 gallons?
    I'm in, for sure.

Highhat absolutely about the friends. 1K -pretty sure the Picnic is acoustic, plus No electricity...and I'm thinking thats a good thing

Highhat absolutely about the friends. 1K -pretty sure the Picnic is acoustic, plus No electricity...and I'm thinking thats a good thing
    I'll let the musicians and 'suits' decide all of that stuff.

Default This is just about right

Gotta see We The People - RayStevens.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_-L4fyLUo

Gotta see We The People - RayStevens.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_-L4fyLUo
    Highat, I've always liked Ray Stevens and his music, but I split the road with him on this one. As bad as the legislation is that just passed [[I didn't support it. I supported Single Payer Health Care, similar to Canada's) it's a step in the right direction. It's only taken a hundred years for the US to come in out of the cold and give it's citizens some guarantees for their health care. Not a problem??? Think about it. We went to war in Iraq in a flash [[hundreds of billions), went to war in Afghanistan in a flash [[hundreds of billions), gave the drug companies guaranteed profits [[hundreds of billions) for Medicare part ?whatever?, for decades to come, guaranteed bank's profits [[hundreds of billions) for their student loan programs, bailed out Wall Street [[hundreds of billions), and the very representatives who supported all of that BS, won't insure us the same medical care that they receive? Sorry. If I and my kids and their kids are to be saddled with debt for years to come, it might as well be for medical care and prescriptions instead of wars and bonuses. As much as I don't like Obama, the sausage making of this bill and the sellout of our congres to corporations, this is much more palatable to me than nothing at all. I'll still vote to 'throw the bums out' each and every election until we get campaign financing reforms and term limits. None of which is likely to happen in my lifetime.

hiht......so there!

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Highat, I've always liked Ray Stevens and his music, but I split the road with him on this one. As bad as the legislation is that just passed [[I didn't support it. I supported Single Payer Health Care, similar to Canada's) it's a step in the right direction. It's only taken a hundred years for the US to come in out of the cold and give it's citizens some guarantees for their health care. Not a problem??? Think about it. We went to war in Iraq in a flash [[hundreds of billions), went to war in Afghanistan in a flash [[hundreds of billions), gave the drug companies guaranteed profits [[hundreds of billions) for Medicare part ?whatever?, for decades to come, guaranteed bank's profits [[hundreds of billions) for their student loan programs, bailed out Wall Street [[hundreds of billions), and the very representatives who supported all of that BS, won't insure us the same medical care that they receive? Sorry. If I and my kids and their kids are to be saddled with debt for years to come, it might as well be for medical care and prescriptions instead of wars and bonuses. As much as I don't like Obama, the sausage making of this bill and the sellout of our congres to corporations, this is much more palatable to me than nothing at all. I'll still vote to 'throw the bums out' each and every election until we get campaign financing reforms and term limits. None of which is likely to happen in my lifetime.
    Blob blob blob blob blob blob blob blob blob blob

Hoover

Default Amerika

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    hiht......so there!
    I just thought it was funny..."ahab the arab et al." these aren` necessarily my political views ...I just thought it was funny...no diatribe was intended.

I like obama thats all .. not going to go into reasons .. lets get back to r & r

YOU WANT ROCK'n'ROLL?!!

Attachment 5616

Sure BoB thanks for getting Zippy started.

Hey Zippy do you have a partner in life?

just curious

Hoover