Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 22 of 432 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Larry, I've never really done a lot of lake trout fishing. I've carved and sold a lot of them. Never had the right equipment for fishing them though. I'd like to.

O.G. - whats this about carving ?

Stn - didn't know you were into fishing - in lakes ..

Hi guys..As far as I can tell, this is a list of a few of those who have'nt made it over here yet...
    Robi
    4String
    Lilbreeze
    Greynoodle
    Sug
    Hiwatt
    A2_dj
    Firstlady

Gleeman....I grew up fishing on riverbanks, creeks, ponds and lakes around the Upper Midwest. My dad used to take us up to Northern Minn and into Wisconson quite a bit. Done some fishing in OGs neck of the woods around Lac du Flambeau and the Flambeau flowage, Lake White Sand comes to mind there. Out here we have a ton of bass lakes that I fish, and Gash can attest to the trout fishing up in the mountains of the Western Sierra. Took him up to Kernville to try the upper Kern River. First time trout fishing for him: never saw a #18 treble hook w/salmon egg in his life. He kicked my ass! Try feeling proud and humiliated/embarrassed at the same time.

John Collier......will contact you soon, my friend.

Stnfrnt.... found this post in "Your Old High school thread, first time I have seen him post in a long time, not sure if it is the same mortalman or not.

mortalman | 04-06-2009, 07:44 PM | Join Date: Apr 2009 Posts: 1 #107

welcome jordangirl2 glad to see you over here on the other side

I just viewed all the pics and this is a very interesting and entertaining site. Thanks for the welcome.

Gleeman, I worked as a woodcarver for about 6 or 7 years. Mostly carved fish and some food. Actually miss it quite a bit lately. We were talking about lake trout. This was of some salmon production runs. And musky production too.
    Attachment 448

Attachment 449

Attachment 450
    Last edited by old guy; November-16-09 at 05:07 PM.

Hey Stnfrnt. What about Three Rivers on Lake Aweha [[sp?)....with Coach Bill....As I remember, only one of us brought anything in that day and I was sick and checked out real early and you guys got stranded on the other side of the lake and had to be towed in..... and there was the story about the "woodie"....Oh maybe I shouldn't mention any of that...Sorry....Never mind folks....Just go on about your business........GDGT......... luv ya bro

On a serious note.......I wouldn't have experienced any of that, if it weren't for Stnfrnt........Thanks

Stnfrnt, did you see "Juno"? 16 yr old meets a thirty-something and admires his Les Paul, that he named Kimber, BTW - He asks her about her guitar, she says, I rock a Harmony. I thought that was hilarious.
    Attachment 451

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
    With the stars up above in your eyes
    A fantabulous night to make romance
    'Neath the cover of October skies
    And all the leaves on the trees are falling
    To the sound of the breezes that blow
    And I'm trying to please to the calling
    Of your heart-strings that play soft and low
    And all the night's magic seems to whisper and hush
    And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush
    Attachment 453
    Last edited by Margie; April-23-09 at 01:38 PM.

If me counting down annoys anyone, tell me...I can take it !Attachment 458

Keep on counting Margie.

Attachment 462 Nice poster Stone...

Hey Mark...Hows your foot ..cannot wait to see you !

I'm back to being almost as normal as I've ever been. Thanks for asking. I can hardly wait to see everyone too.

This one is for OG. Do you remember this place? It's the party store about halfway up Connor to East Jefferson. This is the corner we'd talked about before. I'd mentioned my friends and I driving our motorcycles down Connor to Avondale. I'd tell them - never stop at this corner, just slow down, look both ways and jet on through. I think you mentioned walking to the store. One brave soul![[or mighty fu*#ed up??). Anyway, I was mistaken about Connor. It's still there, for most part, all the way from Jefferson to Avondale and it looks amazingly similar to the 60's. The entrance from Jefferson has been re-routed.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; April-10-09 at 01:06 AM.

And one for Whaler.

This building housed the Poison Apple.

That's very strange 1KD. How did they get that street to stop vibrating?

Downers OG, downers.

I guess maybe I'm cut off from posting anymore photos. I can't get these last ones to download tonight. I'll try again tommorrow.

I've been here all along, reading...

Those were some nice girly in bikini photos.

Page 22 of 432 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 122 ... LastLast