Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 19 of 432 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Actually, Hoover and I usually talk on the phone with each other every day. Sometimes a couple times a day. Laugh and joke about all kinds of stuff. Why, I was just complimenting him on his use of 2 d's in dropped the ball this morning. He knew I hadn't mailed my check yet because I was joking with him about how bad I am about mailing things. I'll do it this weekend. I guess we just come across a little brash on the thread. You have to remember, we're kind of young here, so you need to cut us a little slack. Besides he can't help it.

wow man, cool. Slack cut. Cool... you know...you can't be cooler than your friends, man, right? Because if you're cooler than your friends man then you won't have any.

But you need to be AS cool as your friends, right? Because if you're not AS CoOl, then problems could arise, like thinking you're not As cool as your friends ...man...

I might be done with this now, ...

Glmn.....I ran out of breath reading your last post.

yah I get excited about being out there in full cyber-world view...I'll have to start editing thoughts...

Cool, Old guy, you wouldn't have picked that handle if you were that much younger. Just kidding about the movie man. I remember Topanga Canyon too. Thats where that club called the Corral was located. Don't know of that town in NM where Joe Cocker is gonna be. He has a home and a restaurant in Crawford, CO. I think all that he serves are Shepherd Pies. As RockinRona might say
    "Hang Loose".

Quote Originally Posted by Candy man View Post
    Alison Lewis Band :
    Ted Galloway - Lead Guitar, Johnny Cash - The Bird, Roozie- Drums,
    Alison Lewis - Vocals & Guitar, Smilin' Neil - Djembe & Percussion,
    Chad Kreuger - Keys Peace.
    Candy_man that looks like a sweet little band you got there [[Alison)... what is a Djembe ? is that a country music band?

True story, honest. When I first ran across this thread, the only people posting were people like Rocket and a number of people that had heard stories about the mansion but were too young to have been around during the party days. So, when I decided to start posting, I figured I was actually an "old guy" compared to most of the people already posting. I hadn't realized that I was younger than most of the people at the house, with the exception of Det313grrl. I'm even a few months younger than my old buddy Mr. Hoover. In fact, I just realized a few days ago that I'm even a year younger than I thought I was. So, my UCP is off a little. That was one of the reasons I rarely left the house. I wasn't old enough to go to the bars. So, that's my story.

Get out your electronic fishing poles - this thing is creepy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSibk...layer_embedded

Sorry about the link length - new forum.

HEY PENNY! NOW THAT"S WHAT I"M TALKIN' "BOUT!!
    Attention all ice fishing persons.

Attachment 403

Attachment 404

Attachment 405
    Last edited by stnfrnt; April-19-09 at 04:31 AM.

oops1.jpg - was that while the ice flow broke off, and started drifting into Lake Erie ?

I also saw a report on "Inside Edition" today, about people abandoning nice boats at anchor, along the east coast, because of the economy. Anybody for a 50' Schooner ?

Attachment 406
    Keep your eyes to the sky, it's almost a full moon!
    Last edited by det313grrl; June-17-09 at 11:35 AM.

For all you fishermen out there...

Attachment 407

this is NOT a pic of me!
    Last edited by det313grrl; April-30-09 at 11:45 AM.

A doctor had a camera up my moon today .

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeman View Post
    wow man, cool. Slack cut. Cool... you know...you can't be cooler than your friends, man, right? Because if you're cooler than your friends man then you won't have any.

But you need to be AS cool as your friends, right? Because if you're not AS CoOl, then problems could arise, like thinking you're not As cool as your friends ...man...

I might be done with this now, ...
    Well said, my man.

Thanks for sharing, stillrockin.

sorry Mark...thats brutal

Thanks det313grrl - at least we are not sexist on the thread.

But these are the only fishing pics I feel comfortable uploading now.

Attachment 409 Attachment 410
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-18-09 at 11:22 AM.

Dgrl.....Hoover sent me this shot he took of you when you were surf fishing down there in Florida. That's a really nice pompano you've got there! Wait, that's not a pompano!
    Attachment 411
    Last edited by stnfrnt; April-19-09 at 04:31 AM.

Default Beer is good.

May I sum up our conversation about beer? Beer is good! Okay? Blatz, Schlitz, Pabst, Leine's, Hiney's, Pfeiffer GIQ's, Stroh Bock and Stroh Dark, Bell's and almost all other beer's are good. And thank you to Detrgrrl for mentioning one of our favorites - MotorCity Brewing Works or MCBW as I call it. Drink it.

I didn't start this, Dgrrrl did. All I had was a robot fish.

Default Lawrence Fisher/Krishna House

A couple of views of the Fisher/Krishna House on Lennox.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; April-10-09 at 01:06 AM.

Default Lawrence Fisher/Krishna House

A couple more views.

Default Lennox Avenue.

This photo is facing SW from Lennox by the Fisher Mansion looking toward where the Gar Wood sat on the island. The aerial view might help to put this picture in perspective.

Default Livingstone Lighthouse.

A view of the Livingstone Lighthouse on the eastern tip of Belle Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Dgrl.....Hoover sent me this shot he took of you when you were surf fishing down there in Florida. That's a really nice pompano you've got there! Wait, that's not a pompano!
    Attachment 411
    Hey which detroit girl are you talking about there...Mark was with me in West Palm when I caught a 7 foot sailfish, if I can find the pic I'll upload it...that was back in 87 I think? Help me out here Mark... Good time tho,,, eh Mark You guys got me so F&%$#ED, I could'nt even talk by the end of the day

Page 19 of 432 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 69 119 ... LastLast