Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 152 of 432 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 162 202 252 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hey Gash........you might want to check that fishing rod behind you. Looks like it's bent a little!
    Last edited by stnfrnt; January-09-10 at 09:28 PM.

Fishing now there is a sport I can get into. Ever try noodelling ,thats a guts kind of fishing only for the Neanderthal. Popular mainly in the south. Got my pics developed from the party may attempt posting them at later date when I have time .

Det girl thats a fine garden you have makes me hungry.

Another "Redondo Beach Sunset" moment. This was really strange! It doesn't happen often [[only when the moon comes real close to the Earth), but, when it does, it's amazing!

Last edited by stnfrnt; January-09-10 at 09:28 PM.

WOW!!!!

Incredible sunsets,
    edible delectable gardens
    humungous tuna, or musical Tuna
    and maybe a little noodeling
    sounds like a great time, yep thats what that sounds like to me as I sit here listening to
    Ramsey Lewis play " Day Tripper"

for my spell check I wrote in noodling which really means to improvise or play a musical instrument casually
    seeing as I did not know that I thought I would share that with you.

I thought it was a certain way to fish in the south and I do recall someone else explaining that method... I guess we can now noodle in the south while we noodel for fish.....hmmm

Isle Great too see you again..Stone Nice!!!!..Det313grrl You definitley have a Green Thumb...1kd you are the A2 Man...Yes the Stadium Broke my Heart also...I was there for 125 games that I Know of..I remember bringing in a 1/4 Barrel of Strohs back in the day..Gash my garden too is going strong feeding the animal Population ...2 tomatos for me 2 for them..Peace to all Garwoodians...Whaler

Where in the hell is Drummer21?

Redondo I learned to surf there and had my car broke into good news bad news kind of deal. Isle and Det hope to send you noodeling gear next week.

Stone, Detgrll -those photos are great-I see now everyone is getting into what I have spent a lifetime doing-great to see that expresion- love those photos. You picked the right camera keep clicken

I have not seen Pappa John Creech since the early 70s when he was with the Jefferson Airplane and played at cobo- great to see- thanks for shareing with that link.

Is there a reunion next year?
    --I have already started a diet [[no luck) and anticipate the event

Of course I listened to my new favorite drummer on his site...www.jeepcapone--his is the best

Now I must give a little ad...
    Actual costumer...."Honey Im tired of the same old blogs everyday of my life,I want to try something a little different.... "Well, dear, You might try www.collierpics.blogspot.com
    Itsa refreshing change from the everyday

JC........any quality appearing in my photos is pure, unadulterated luck; believe me. Speaking of Mr. Jeep Capone, I was wondering, if I sent him the proper quantity of pesos to cover all costs, could he get hold of one of his new cds and send me a copy signed by the band. I might need 1/2 dozen or so for starters. Also, I was kind of wondering if the guys were coming out to Southern California any time soon.

This might be worth checking out:
    <http://www.google.com/goog411>

And of course, like you say, John:
    www.collierpics.blogspot.com
    Always a winner.

Hey Stnft...About your comment Re: the bent pole behind me.....Yeah I know....Don't know what it is, but every time that happens, some damn fish is on the other end.....I mean...whats up wit dat.....A guy can't even take a boat ride and throw the string with a little toy fish on the end, in the water .....It always happens.....what a pain in the arse....Guess it beats "Noodling".....which by the way, as I mentioned earlier, there are some fantastic You Tube videos, if you just google noodling....unbelievable huge cat fish......

JC....I'm wit ya bro, about the next rondevu.....The sooner the better.....Maybe even a few practice gatherings, just to make sure we get it right for the real one......

Luvs y'all................GDGT

Up nort over here, we sometimes use diddle poles when we ice fish. So, I guess sometimes we diddle. I've never known anyone to noodle though. Man, you guys are weird.

O.K......Some one up "nort" needs to check in on OG........Did he just say that he "Diddles his pole in the ice during the winter time"...... and then call us down here in the "sout"...."WEIRD".......Man that's the pot callin the kettle black.......

And.... I might add.....He is fishing for .."ICE".. of all things ! ! ....While he diddles ! !.....Now that's weird .........

I've got a buddy who fishes for flies. He's got a lizard he has to feed.

Hey DK I finally got to check out Tata Guines. He was truly fabulous. I watched several videos, sorry to see that he is gone. We're lucky though, because of music media he'll never die. Thank you for hipping me to him.

Hey Hoover.......are you and the girls on tour? You coming to California soon? Are you alright?

We are going to see the best blue grass song writers in this neck of the woods[[As stated in the Colorado Springs Gazette) perform tonight at Kinfolks in Manitou Springs. Free show. Peace.

Someone please check up on OG. He might've been out in the back forty too long, or maybe he's crashed in his fishing shanty - I just hope the shanty's not still out IN the lake.

I'm good.
    Attachment 2797
    Last edited by old guy; October-16-09 at 08:09 PM.

Hey OG, fishing shanties designed by Renzo Piano and Santiago Calatrava. You must be a wealthy guy.

Brian, 'Cap'n Nemo', McDonald sends his greetings to one and all. He just returned from a trip to Alaska with his youngest child, his daughter Markie, 14 years old. Yay! I can't imagine the grief he's feeling about the loss of his oldest daughter. He's doing his best to work and be active and engaged with his family. I have a picture of Brian and Markie I'll post soon.

Hey OG...WHAT THE HELL??

You guys mentioned "noodling" a few posts back, and forced me to go to YouTube and watch almost 2 hours of noodling videos yesterday. I can't believe the size the of the catffish those Southern boys catch that way. Amazing!!

I found these narratives on another thread here at DY [[downtown pub crawl). I figured Whaler, Dgrl, and, for sure, 1kd could add something to the mix. Think of it as sort of a Public Service Announcement for BushMark.
    ____________ ______________ ___________

urbanoutdoors

Downtown Pub Crawl?

What downtown bars are a must hit on a downtown pub crawl on a friday night?

Hockeycox1966

Detroiter, Delux [[if u like to dance), Harry's, Gaelic League, Big City [[inside Holiday Inn), Cliff Bells, and the Old Miami are all pretty cool bars that are in different areas of the downtown Detroit area. They are also a wide variety of types of bars. My new favorite spots to chill and drink are at U-Me-Drink or the Ice Bar @ MGM. Alot of people will probably say the new Bookies, but I do not like the staff, layout of the bar, or the atmosphere.

Other good places are Old Shillelagh, The Detroit Beer Co, and Town Pump,

Good luck and please be safe. Most people don't realize that Taxi's aren't really that expensive

OG......I'll be axiously awaiting your comments and concerns in the entertainment column of the Edger Allen Poe Travel Guide.