Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 15 of 432 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hey CandyMan, Good kind of talking to you Sunday. Did Gus happen to mention if I did talk to him the other night?

Default Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Gleeman.....who are the rest of the guys in the Falcons? What's the history on your Strat? Looks like it's sanded down to natural wood. I've seen that guitar somewhere, haven't I?Attachment 236
    Stn.... the Falcons were my bar band in A2 for like 4 years..played a lot at Mr. Floods Party [[gone)..Dennis Hack-lead vocals &guitar..sang a mean Rufus Thomas, Wilson Pickett, Righteous Bros...and Dennis Allen on bass ...yah the Strat you've seen on a lotta photos- '64 neck- '72 body w/ in-and-out of phase toggle switches...sounds bitc!!'n thru the little studio Marshall ...

...34 degrees, snow last night and now...feels like 27... just an update for all you folks NOT in Michigan [[GO State !! ..saying a lot for a former U of M student, but, hey its a no-brainer-go Big Ten tonite ..

O..G... what's your favorite beer [[be honest now)..

[[ I really like replying to my reply with a totally different subject)

Default mutant stratocaster

Attachment 364more about the Strat...here's a better shot w/ the band after the Falcons..the "Loonpanics" - [[drummer Hans from "Good Gravy" band now in Royal Oak)... [[we were trying to start a new "white socks w/ red stripe" trend, but, it never took ...)
    Last edited by Gleeman; May-04-09 at 03:46 PM.

Ya Old guy it is kinda strange trying to communicate on mobile phones when ya live Rural like we do. Gus didn't mention talking with you, he seemed really busy working on the kiln. I think him and Heidi are really slammed right now trying to get ready for the shows that they have lined up for this Summer.
    Gleeman, I am partial to all the micro brews that are made here in Colorado, but if not available I like Red Stripe, Guiness, or Corona in that order for whatever its worth. Sounds like a Buffalo Springfield tune. Huh?

Well, I've been drinking mostly Heineken for the last 35 or so years, but with all the problems in the newspaper business lately, I've been drinking a lot of Blatz. I guess it's because I used to drink it when I was a little kid. On the other hand, I love Bock beer, but I think most of the bock these days is some fake version of what it's supposed to be. I've had some Schlitz lately and kind of liked that too. Other than that, there are some Czech beers that I enjoy. I also have to say that I enjoy beers from local micro-breweries too. However, I drink quite a bit of red wine for it's health benefits.

Now that Candy mentions it, I do enjoy Corona from time to time but I've been drinking Modelo lately too. I enjoy Guinness but to drink much of it I usually have to go with black & tans. Nothing wrong with a good Red Stripe either.

Oh yeah, I don't know if they sell Leinenkugel's in other parts of the country. It's brewed close to here so I'm obliged to drink quite a bit of that too.

Attachment 365O.G. , Candy_...just for the records sake...we have similarities...I liked Heine's but then switched to St. Pauli Girl for years, but definitely Coronas, and some NMich micro-brew- Sleeping Bear Ale, and Torch Lake light...but now drink red wines [[MERLOT) INSTEAD OF BEER WHICH I CAN'T USE WHEN PLAYING OR SINGING cuz it really messes with my vocal cords and general disposition
    Last edited by Gleeman; April-10-09 at 09:44 AM.

OG. Kinda sounds like if it's beer and in front of you....you'll drink it.....I'm not a drinker but I can relate to it......I like naked women and, to quote Ron White, "you seen one boobie and .......you want to see them all. " A philosophy I can not deny....

Actually Gash, I'm really picky about beers. Wines too. I love a good Cabernet but Beaujolais is my favorite. I like Merlot from time to time but I always figured that they ran out of wines to make so they came up with Merlot. For some odd reason, I've never cared for all the wines from down under. Shiraz, etc. I get a headache just looking at them. No idea why?

I guess if every thing's relative, I don't drink that much any more either.

Gary, I see your signature on that beer logo. Did you design that?

Well I guess I can say that I don't mind a nice flavored wine.....but my drink of choice, when I do have a drink, is the old stand by.."Jack and Coke"......always a two drink limit......well not always but it would be rare to go over that......Now this Herbal thing I've grown accustom to ....now that's a different story....."Roll another one, Just like that other one..."....who ever knows the name of that song wins a drink from OG......or maybe just an 'atta boy...or girl'.......

gash ...Roll another... uhm...Country Joe &the Fish?

I like Free Beer

How about Little Feat.

Default TL Light..label

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I guess if every thing's relative, I don't drink that much any more either.

Gary, I see your signature on that beer logo. Did you design that?
    YES, OG..that one and this one...the brewery did well in the Traverse area stocking local bars with draft but recently folded due to tax problems...Attachment 366
    Last edited by Gleeman; April-10-09 at 09:44 AM.

Nice work Gleeman.

Don't Bogart That Joint My Friend
    Attachment 367

Waiting for Columbus
    Last edited by old guy; April-29-09 at 07:22 PM.

...ah yes, Lowell George - he and Ry Cooder - the best on slide...

Next line - This one's burnt to the end/Come on and be a friend.

Well, do I get to buy me a free? beer.

no, Gash owes you...

What ever happened to Ry Cooder?

Detgrrl...you're still exceeding expectations [[ the beer, I think that was 9900 beers on all walls...)

Page 15 of 432 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast