Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 142 of 432 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Please say it isn't so. Most of the summer I've been bouyed by the thought that Kendra was improving.

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    I stand corrected. Got to the show late. Thought they sounded a lot like the Allman Bros. HA! It was good to see old guys jam. I guess it's true, they do all look alike!
    So far I have only found one other as ugly as me.

Candy........and who might that be?

Wow.....sad news that Kendra isn't feeling up to par....I don't know what it would be ....but if anything is needed...anything at all...someone please give a shout out here....thoughts and BIG PRAYERS are with you darlin....and throw a few to mom and dad also....Stnfrnt, If you get a chance to get up that way again....carry our best wishes with you......

Candy....yeah...just who are you referring to.....actually it could be any of us old farts.....so I can't argue too much.....hope all you GWs are doing well and it's good to hear from some of you folks from before....keep in touch cause ya never know when some one will announce there's a party at...so and so's.... be there!!.......Hey it could happen......later........and GDGT

news is better on Kendra today - her last chemo treatment will. be postponed until she's up to it. BUT she only has one more to go.....

Go Kendra!

Here's a clip of Kendra's nurse, Michele.

Game Week Concludes With ''Safari So Goody''

Well gang here it is Friday night and I just got in from a couple of my favorite watering holes ....heard a couple great bands and one chic that totally blew me away singing Karaoke....utterly fabulous singer....wow....anyway...hope all your days are filled with love and good things.....am still looking forward to another get together...and the sooner the better....He StnFrnt.. have you heard how 4string is...has he recovered and can he travel....we might try to just get together soon to bounce a few tunes around....It would be neat if we actually did this...so y'all give it a few thoughts.....later....GDGT

Gash.....I'm in touch with 4string frequently, sort of, but don't discuss the injuries. He must be coming along, because the only complaint I've heard from him was that his fingers were "mincemeat" from working on getting his chops back. I think the guy wants to play!!

OG.......there's a chapter in here about ethanol. Do you think Hoover uses this information for his world famous "Mushroom Red"?

Last edited by stnfrnt; August-21-09 at 03:53 PM.

Aloha, Back on the rock and at work Such a great time on the west coast went to a place in Newport Or. Called Hoover's Pub, a rockin spot, and Saw that Tahiti Wave that was generated last Fri at Santa Cruz some of the guys went down to big sur, and surfed Fuller's at 20 plus double overhead I heard. Yes Whaler I have some gar wood shots from the lake tahoe north shores bar even one of his in the water that day they have a shop next door that restores them"Boats"!! Miss all of you folks and hope the blessed summer is worth the all the free concerts ,Ya Baby that What I'm talking About LOL Rona

Rona......it's about damn time you checked in!

Stnfrnt, Sorry man its the cat in the mirror.

Stnfrnt, this cat has been sitting in that plays harp. He likes to sing the song "Sweet Home Chicago" Not to take any thing away from Chitown, but do you think you or Rick Bealle could write a similar song about Detroit?

Candy.......I was hoping it was moi. That would be cool with me.

Candy.....I'll gladly give the 'D-town' song a shot, but Rickbeall is better qualified to write about Detroit, I think. I'm still putting some finishing touches on a song for our dear Margie. I'm writing it on piano......a first for me. Since I don't play piano, it's a little tricky. I can hear it......just can't make anybody else hear it........yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Candy.....I'll gladly give the 'D-town' song a shot, but Rickbeall is better qualified to write about Detroit, I think. I'm still putting some finishing touches on a song for our dear Margie. I'm writing it on piano......a first for me. Since I don't play piano, it's a little tricky. I can hear it......just can't make anybody else hear it........yet.
    Cool. Its hard for me to imagine the piano as a perscussion instrument. Guess thats why it is called chopsticks? I brought the bus along on this post in case we have to move piano's.

I think Markley flew by my window again!
    He left this floating around my room.
    -------------------------------
    Attachment 2569

In 1967, Peter Green left the Bluesbreakers and, along with fellow former Bluesbreaker Mick Fleetwood, formed the first incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. The band made steady progress recording and touring, but by the time of their third album Green's state of mind began to disintegrate. An acid binge made a permanent change in the guitarist's personality and he became obsessively religious, encouraging his bandmates to donate the majority of their money to charity. He finally quit Fleetwood Mac in 1970, unable to reconcile his attitudes with the reality of being in a successful band.
    -----------------------------

Attachment 2570
    ???????????????

Last edited by stnfrnt; November-22-09 at 10:06 PM.

i'll try to add some glitz, to the show stonelol

here ya all is the entering of a GarWood Bar

Well there is a bar called hoover's too

Man oh man I'ts cold sailing the Monterey Bay, I really liked the Gar Wood Bar and Hoover's ,Don't forget the wild life that goes in to those places wow mom wow

Rona......OUTSTANDING!!

Hi Candyman and Stnfrnt,

Hey Stnfrnt, that's real cool that the reunion got your creative juices flowing again, and that you are writing about Margie.

Rick turns his own creative crank and this falls out on the floor:

Margie is kind of "love incarnate" I think. She cuts hair. She does more than cut "rock 'n roll" hair, by cutting hair she is helping people find their dreams, by making their self image visible to other people. She is sort of sculpting their soul, making it visible.

Concerning Detroit, man if I wrote a song about it, it would not be a happy, inspiring blues like "Sweet Home Chicago", it would be sad blues. The following lines fall out:

Ever look where you're at?
    The houses falling down,
    the rivers forced underground?
    Ever look where you're at?

And then I have images of feral tool and die makers living among the ruins of huge factories, hunting for raccoon in old subdivisions.

Into that landscape, I would drop the guitar player out of the sky to the side of a fire pit and pretend he is playing his guitar for the feral tool and die maker. Say the wrong thing, or the bland thing, and you are dead. Or a little beat up.

So the song becomes just a sort of self-preservation reflex. Without the context, you might not even know what it was about.

Hey, how's all that for the upper levels of pomposisissity? In reality, though, I'm just dragging myself through a "how to play slide guitar" book. Exercises! Blah!