Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 114 of 432 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 124 164 214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Candy.....I took basic training and AIT at Ft. Carson. After AIT, I ended up in Special Services as a lifeguard at the 'open to the public, also' huge swimming pool on base. A couple of us guards rented a little place off base up in Manitou Springs. It was beautiful!! There used to be a little open air amphitheater [[a la Sinnissippi Park, but smaller) down in the center of town. Friday night concerts in the mountains under the stars..... I hope they've still got that going on. Good thoughts for you on getting set up there.
    Yah.Still goin' on! They have changed the name of the park to Soda Springs though. I have played there a few times myself. Very good accoustics and you can hear the rapids in Fountain Creek from anywhere in the park.

Stoney, thanks for calling Natalie. I called her earlier today and left a vm. That was prior to you posting her information. I'd taken her phone number from Gash's earlier post. I've yet to hear back. I'm not sure if she has acccess to the internet, so I left a message asking her to get her booty over to her local library. If she's as lucky as I was, she'll not only get internet access, a treasure trove of books, periodicals and information and DetroitYes, she'll also fall in love with a librarian.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; July-02-09 at 09:00 PM.

HiWatt.....what the?......how did you?.....where did you meet?..........how come all the guys have real good looking girlfriends/wives? I mean every last one! [[Don't even think about it, Hoover). By the way, Hoov, that's a great shot of the "Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse."

This is how it looked a few hours later.

Mushroom Red?!! Could be.
    I was thinking of playing "Hoover was a Mover" 50 times to see what happens but I became scared..

Hey Margie, thank you for the kind words!
    Last edited by RickBeall; June-21-09 at 10:54 AM.

Rkbl.....thank God the storm has passed! That's not a Strat with a Bigsby, is it?

Safe for now!
    No, it's an ordinary strat. I got it off ebay from a punk rocker. It's been all over the US. It's not an actual Fender, but its got the same dimensions.

Stone...Re: Margie's post...Ahahahahahahahahahah
    Last edited by Whaler; March-18-10 at 09:07 AM.

Pretty Pretty Whaler,...Dancers are good

TOUGH CHOICE?

Attachment 1941

Last edited by stnfrnt; July-24-09 at 09:06 AM.

Hey Rick Beall, it's my turn to thank you for your contributions to our reunion. I've been enjoying the music for a few days now. There's a lot more music there than meets the eye. Hopefully we'll cross paths again. I have questions about your music and recording. Are you a Detroiter? I hit Eastern Market and other corners and dives in the city periodically. Maybe we can hook up and shoot the !!!! some time.

So was that a video of Margie and Mike's Angel?

Is it just my imagination OR has DetroitYes been very jumpy and finnicky the last couple of days? It was all over the place last night. I'd hit the back button and I'd end up in another day and time. Not just on this link either. Let me know if you guys have experienced the same problems.

Hi 1KielsonDrive,
    1KielsonDrive wrote:
    >> thank you for your contributions to our reunion I've been enjoying the music for a few days now. There's a lot more music there than meets the eye.

Ha ha. Thanks Skippy. I'm glad I managed to get one to you. I had a stack on the vendor table and I managed to give away about 30. Concerning the CD, my goal was to fill it up 100%. I think the typical music CD is only about 50% filed. Of course, I did not know that when I was creating this one, and I ended up with what is essentially a double album. It seemed to take me forever. And then I kept writing more songs, so eventually I started dropping songs, and by Darwinian evolution, I think the current CD is much stronger than it was in the past.

I'm not much of a blues shouter, but I like to think each song is clearly imagined, the effect is like walking past houses in the city in the summer when all the windows are open, where something different is happening in each one and you ease drop for a second from the sidewalk, just sort of drop in with no context for a second before you walk past the next.

Ha ha. Nothing quite like writing a favorable review of your own music!

Hmmm. Lot's of harmonica too. Harmonica used to be my main instrument, but I've been transitioning to slide guitar for a while now.

1KielsonDrive wrote:
    >> Hopefully we'll cross paths again. I have questions about your music and recording. Are you a Detroiter? I hit Eastern Market and other corners and dives in the city periodically. Maybe we can hook up and shoot the !!!! some time.

Sure, we will have to do that. I live in Hamtramck. I'll try and send you a private message in this forum with my email. address. It was great meeting you at the party.

Default Dads Day

Happy fathers day all. I guess dad of the year is a tie . MIKE or Peter its a tough one. Going fishing today and take it eazy do some R and R still havent recovered from the the party, a near death experience .

Thanks Gus and a Happy Dads Day to you, as well as to all the great dads out there....1KD yeah I mentioned that a while back....slow to respond and just generally sluggish....but then so am I these days.....Been just to damn hot and muggy here...another day of upper 90s and 100+ heat index...air you can wear...emptied my dehumidifier twice yesterday that's over 4+ gallons....I really like the guy that invented air conditioning..he's my friend......Hey gang I know that your out there so how bout hearing from others like First Lady, Annie, Vic, Swanney,Hoover....If for nothing else then to let us know that you survived the week end....It's amazing how much attention that lil ol T-shirt gets, so I sit there explaining and then get this look like I'm from outer space or something...It is a fantastic story....Hard for some to believe I guess......I'm off to do some God rock...will check in later
    ...........GDGT

Happy Father's Day, to all the Dads out there.
    It's also the longest day of the year.

Attachment 1942
    Last edited by det313grrl; July-30-09 at 10:46 AM.

Longest day of the year....I guess that means that I can take longer naps today....I'm luvin it....thanks SHaron

detgrrl dont remind me longest day...yesterday I went out for my first hot weather ride of the season !! it needs to stay light until 9:00 every night...

people I'm still recovering...
    and I didnt get a chance to really talk with anybody......all of a sudden it was 1:00 in the morning

!K I have your ceramic pendant...it says 1K on it

I need to party in Daytwat with the Det people at some point this Summer..its going to be like a priority

where did Whaler go ?

stnfrnt - Thanks for making me laugh. It's really needed now in the Mo. Can I hang out here in the sandbox ? Things are kind of eclectic in the rest of the forum.

$ 10 dollar word [[eclectic), and that was my last $ 10.
    Last edited by Bigb23; June-21-09 at 10:58 AM.

bigB that's good... the Gar Wood Sandbox... good name for a CD Stn ? ...at least a song ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    $ 10 dollar word [[eclectic), and that was my last $ 10.
    So now that you're impecunious, are you going to be more parsimonious too? Or maybe just laconic....?

Guess the rest of us will have to step in with the grandiloquent circumlocutions for the time being.

Have at it - this thread is the only therapy I need. Thanks to Ya'll.

So now that you're impecunious, are you going to be more parsimonious too? Or maybe just laconic....?

Guess the rest of us will have to step in with the grandiloquent circumlocutions for the time being.
    I have my old, Websters Dictionary from 1981, to cover my statements on here. I wish I could do more.
    Last edited by Bigb23; June-21-09 at 11:17 AM.

Happy summer solstice and dads day. Mine has been on Pleasant street and very relaxing. Our two sons who are in CO will be joining us later for BBQ and some drumming. Thank you for the good wishes! Happy and a peaceful day to the Father of the Universe. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for being so cool at the FOG Reunion. We had a real blast and looking foward to the next time together. Peace, Love & Hugs to all ya'll!