Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 110 of 432 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Drmr21......7 different movements in the song. I actually had a white cat with 7 toes on her two front feet. Cute as hell! Screamer ruled our side of the house, so my little kitty had to go [[tears). When she would bat the little ball around the room, it looked like she had a little, teeny-tiny, kitty tennis raquet in each paw. I think Screamer was jealous. Screamer was cool, though. She was real good at sitting at the top of the stairs that led from our room down to the pool, and she would let loose with one of her patented screaming meows that Nancy understood to mean "Mom, come and see what I've got", which would usually be a half dead mouse. She brought it home to show mommy. I swear, Nancy and that cat understood each other like you and I would talking about music.

The next generation of GarWoodians, thanks to Mike and Margie, catching their first fishies. The beauty of it all.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; July-02-09 at 09:00 PM.

More first fishies photos. The kids bring another whole meaning to our reunion.

One more for Mike, Margie and the Gar Wood Crew.

Here's Breeze and Lira's crew. I'll never forget the first time I spoke to Breeze in many years. He said in that raspy voice of his, "Hey Skipper, I'm married to a beautiful Black woman. she's from Brazil. We have three young kids. You outta see our kids, they have light brown skin, blond hair and blue eyes. They're beautiful!" And then he laughed his infamous Breeze snicker. He wasn't kidding about his family.

Oops, - the photo.

I was so flabbergasted when Ruth gave me an award at the reunion I almost s+#t. I was going to give a short speech [[30 - 45 minutes, or so) but I was still in shock. So here's my abbreviated version: Thanks to all the GarWoodians for the fun times, great memories and growing in to who you are today. Special thanks to Breeze, Linda and Greynoodle [[Breeze's brother Tom) for taking me to the Gar Wood the first time and making me feel welcome and at home every time thereafter. Tom, I'm sorry I didn't tell you this in person at the reunion. I was just overwhelmed by it all.

i love every one of you guys and gals,

and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it!!!

Stnfrnt.... I remember the song, it's very cool. Do you have it written down anywhere? I'd also like to see a piece you wrote that was in 3/4 time. I think it was called Frenzy. Loved that cut, might pull it out for my band if you don't mind.

Drummer21......there will be a cd coming your way soon. I don't know if you have anything Stonefront cut, but I'll send something. I had totally forgotten about "Frenzy". In fact, the only thing I can remember is that title..........and I didn't do that til I read your post! Thanks, bro.

Larry..."When I walked up the alley and saw David unloading equipment, everything stopped. Now it was okay."
    I must agree !!! When I first started trying to contact them I was not getting anywhere for quite a while and then I connected with Arlee and it all came together. She was just like my little baby sister at Garwood.
    Whenever I spent the night at the mansion It was usually in Dave & Roselyns room.
    I just can't get over all of this I am still in awe..I think.these last couple of weeks have been the most emotional time in my life. Larry I have to say I didn't know if you were going to sing and I would have been so broken hearted if you haden't, I was praying that your spirit would be deeply moved to transend anything that would hold you back...Thank God the gifts within you ignited and moved you to your rightful place!
    I am so proud of all our men! It is a marvelous wonder when true humility reigns over pride and LOVE rules true and strong...There is so much more to say...

Margie......thank you for those kind words and thoughts. I wasn't lying when I said I hadn't done anything like that in 40 yrs. I knew I would sound bad. I knew I couldn't play guitar worth a damn, and I didn't know any songs. I also knew I didn't give a shit. I knew it would feel good and boy did it ever!! That's all I wanted.....I got it. I am so blessed. The photos all you guys are posting are indelibly planted in my brain [[which, by the way is just fine, I'm told) and I can relive those moments any time I want. My favorite photos, by far, are the ones with the children. Those smiles are real [[except maybe the Pirate's friend; she's forcing it.....girls do that around slimy things......til they get older) and innocent and................well, you parents know.

Hey Gus, BushMark...........check out that bluegill. Not too shabby, eh?

Mike proves that you don't have to be 8 years old to stick a fish in a girl's face. I love it!!

OH OH Guys..big mistake...red alert red alert.....We have to do part of Saturday and most of Sunday over again....seriously, I'm not kidding...we made a big mistake....see.....We had practiced a bunch of songs from Stonefront as well as Neil Young,[[Cinnimon Girl, Cowgirl in the sand, David, Sweet Earth,Orange, If ever one...,and many others). so let us know when y'all can get back together and we can finish the set list we practiced, it would be a shame to waste all that practice time....I mean think on Markleys wife Geri, she put up with us working up these tunes and never complained or anything, and for us to not do them just wouldn't be right....So, let us know when would be a good time to get back together and finish our set....thanks and sorry for the snafu......Go do GREAT things

Just another thought I'd like to expand upon....I'm very impressed with this whole thing,and there are a number of "thank yous" and a number of "honorable mentions" in order....I don't want to sound goofy but, sometimes I just can't help it.....I'm, particularly impressed with the fact that we were able to find all the folks that we found and that on an impressive scale, we all seem to be doing O.K., Now, for a bunch of "misguided hippies" that ain't half bad....of course we can say that we could have done better with our lives, but all in all not too shabby......So, let's not stop trying to find the few folks that we were unable to find....Eddie, Fergie, the Winter sisters,Chuck Ma??? [[guitar player),Joe Stockwell, Bob Stone, Record Mike...etc... or if you do know where some one is and they just wanted to be left alone for now....let them know that they were missed and we still love them and wish them good things....See, as far as I'm concerned, this party ain't over yet ! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer21 View Post
    Det313grrl....Lar Jeep dude.jpg

The guy in the middle of that photo is Kenny - He worked for Led Zep for many years.

You got some wonderful shots. Thank for posting them. It was great to meet you.

Jeep, it's truly my pleasure to post these pics, I'm glad a few turned out.

Dude, you are one thunderous cat, it was awesome to meet you and hear you perform.

Thanks for the heads up on Kenny.

Howdy again, another request....If any of you had the pleasure of meeting or renewing friendships with Brother Jeff Swanberg, you noticed that he spent a lot of time taking some amazing pics....I'd see him take a shot and say to myself, now that will be a great pic....Well, while at his room late Saturday night, he changed the batteries in his camera and technology being what it is...all his photos were erased....so could we post as many pics as we can to help out Jeff...He intended to forward them to his brother Mark,who due to a couple broken bones was not able to make the trip...not to mention that I sure would love to see as many pics as possible...I was a little busy and was unable to take any for myself...the more pics the better.....so please start posting...thanks and......get out there and do GREAT things

Wi Dells 2010 be there or be elseware we just need a date and some organization so communicate. OG are you ok with this ? If so let the games begin.

Drummer21....How's the weather up there? Tornadoes all over the Midwest yesterday. Are you near Austin, Mn.? How about Bentspur and OG? Everything alright up there? I guess the usual summer storms are starting later this year so batten down the hatches, you guys.

Sorry to hear about your technical difficulties, Jeff, I know the feeling.

Got a couple more...

Attachment 1867

Attachment 1868

Attachment 1869

Last edited by det313grrl; November-26-09 at 02:49 PM.

Stnfrnt.... We are fine. Just a little rain by my house. We need it, it has been a very dry Spring. South of us got hit pretty bad.

Looking forward to the CD.

Good to hear your brain is still there.

Det313grrl... Thank you for the kind words. I hope we meet again.
    Last edited by Drummer21; June-18-09 at 11:53 AM.

Dgrrl.....I hope we meet again, too!

Quote Originally Posted by sug View Post
    Wi Dells 2010 be there or be elseware we just need a date and some organization so communicate. OG are you ok with this ? If so let the games begin.
    Gus... Not a problem for me. Hope it happens.

I'm going over to the UCLA campus to have lunch with A2_dj in about an hour. He's going to want to know all the details about the reunion; I will be taking in the scenery. Ahhh, Westwood Village on a bootifull summer afternoon........life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by det313grrl View Post
    Jeep, it's truly my pleasure to post these pics, I'm glad a few turned out.

Dude, you are one thunderous cat, it was awesome to meet you and hear you perform.

Thanks for the heads up on Kenny.
    Det313grl, thanks for the memories, now I have something to relate to my sons who couldn't make it. Maybe next time. What did Kenny do with the Led Zeps?