Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 107 of 432 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

John, I'm not about to throw anything away. Don't worry - we'll get it back to you. It is Michigan State Police 'Red Files', am I correct?

Mj8gdw77u. nh7uihja1d, Los Angeles hssggggqsipp[!!!#!

Stoney, I wish you and OG would stop speaking that secret Gar Wood Fraternity language and get back to speaking good old pig latin.

It is I, Skipper [[thanks Rocketwhit)! Now that I'm out of the closet, so to speak, and I'm no longer hiding behind 1KielsonDrive [[a thin disguise at best), I'm revealing that I'm Skipper Curmudgeon [[SC) or The Curmudgeon [[TC) of past DetroitYes infamy. Yes, the same one. Many posters knew it all along but held my confidence. Thanks Jams, for not blowing my cover. Lowell will probably censor me again [[ha,ha) for picking on his favorite bar owners. I may not be long for DetroitYes. Woe is me! I'll just keep Lowell's Gar Wood T shirt. Anyway, the main reason for my admission is to tell you all to check out Stephen Goodfellow's website [[he and Lowell have been partners in crime for many years and I've collected both of their art), goodfelloweb.com. Go to Tribes of the Cass Corridor and then Skipper's Bar and see pictures of my old place. Brian 'Capn Nemo' McDonald's in there and probably people and musicians you knew from your Detroit/A2 days. Then check out the nice photo of David & Roselyn a bit further down the page. Many photos posted at the Tribes were taken by Dennis Pruss [[The Lords), a long time Detroit musician, promoter and a chronicler of Cass Corridor music, arts, lifestyle and culture since the 60's. Hope you enjoy it. Happy trails.

I'm getting a brain scan at 0730hrs.:

BushMark......sorry if I seemed really weierd to you Friday night. I thought you were Dave Picard! My brother in law thinks you're the guy who did the kick-ass vocals on "Wild About My Lovin". That's how I introduced you to him. Let's let that one ride for a while, okay?

I feel much better now.

Mornin one and all....made it home safe and reasonably sound at @2:30.....am a little concerned about Natalie....She had to get a new phone, while in A2 and I didn't get her new number....if any one has it could you post it or check in with her to see that she made it home O.K......I will post my thoughts later ....busy unpacking and yard work....lawn grew so much I'll have to bale it and sell as squre bales to some local farmers......Later....OH......GDGT

It sounds like the GarWoodians are all getting back to their normal routines. It's good to hear. We've all been together for so many years though we haven't seen or been with each other [[you know what I mean). Yes Gash, I'm concerned about Natalie also. I hope we make contact with her because she had the most arduous journey - 2 plus days and nights on Amtrak, just to get here. Amongst her first words when getting off of the train at the station in A2 were, "it's not easy or fun sleeping on the train". That's why I said to her when she got to her hotel room - "Natalie, you have your very own real bed to sleep in". She's a trooper. There's a big hole in Ann Arbor right now. I don't know if I want to go into town for a while. Happy trails.

Howdy howdy. I had a great time and would like to thank everyone involved.

Gary, I rode on the train with Natalie to Chicago and made sure she got her connection to San Antonio. Helped her out with her phone a bit but didn't get the number either.

I'm still processing information in my brain from the weekend. I'll sort it out and be back.

Quote Originally Posted by john collier; drummer 21 I tried your e mail and no luck what am I doing wrong-
    go [URL="http://www.collierpics.blogspot.com"
    www.collierpics.blogspot.com[/url]
    for great drumming---
    Sorry John, I've talked to the company building the website and they are fixing the problem. Feel free to call me.

John your work is absolutely marvelous. You truly are a gifted man. I feel it's a great honor to be a subject in your work. I'm guessing everyone you photograph feels the same way. Your compliments mean more to me than you'll ever know. Thank you.

I'll be posting a few thoughts here and there until I get the results of my brain scan. I'm not sure what to think; I was only in the machine for 20 minutes. It takes the machine 15 minutes to warm up.

Stillrockin.......you were standing right next to that waitress when she spilled that tray of drinks on me, weren't you? Surveilance tapes are on their way to Calfornia as we speek.

Joe Stockwell, Larry Merryman, Rick Stockwell [[rip), Joe Ford [[rip), Bob Stayton [[rip), Pre-Capone Stonefront.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-23-09 at 01:51 AM.

Above photo courtesy of Jeff Swanberg.

Stone, you were a sight for sore eyes, or was it your eyes that were sore, I can't remember. What a pleasure to see you and thanks for coming all the way to A2 for little ole us. "You the man" . Its been great to hear that great music again. Even without the stimulus package it still feels pretty good.
    Sorry for everybodys bad times -glad it wasant me, just kidding. Happy to see Lindas smiling face and dttglr313, you should be ashamed.
    My best to you all -see Jeep on the blog... www.collierpics.blogspot.com

I'm still working on the proper way to thank you all for the wonderful weekend but words simply fail me.....it will take days, weeks, maybe months to come up with the appropriate words.....

I'm still unpacking and getting things back on track in everyday life. I've polished that beautiful pipe from the Garwood organ that Gary etal gave to me and am working on hanging it on my office wall. I will take a photo of it and post it when I get that accomplished

I have a few t-shirts left for anyone who didn't get one or who wants another. They are so cool - who can beat Gary Markley's artwork? If you want one, send me a note. They are just $20 each and $3 should cover the shipping. I just have a few in each size, so let me know as soon as you can. And if you didn't get a copy of the DVD, let me know. I can get copies burned fairly easily. Those will run $10 and $2 for postage.

Back to the real world - - - somehow it all seems a lot brighter after this weekend doesn't it?

A few more thugs from the Sunday Picnic.Attachment 1780

Attachment 1781

Attachment 1782
    Last edited by old guy; December-17-09 at 12:27 PM.

Last edited by old guy; November-16-09 at 05:07 PM.

PHP Code:
    [quote=MargieJeep I really want to talk with you /quote
    Anytime Margie. You can get my contact info from Gleeman or Ruth

"ALL"
    and then more..... and then more yet.....
    so much more then ever expected.....
    what am I talking about....
    ADMIRATION, LOVE, RESPECT
    and
    A

above and beyond dedication to making
    this past weekend a great success...
    So a great big
    THANK YOU
    to
    the DOERS, the SHARERS, those who TOLERATED,
    the HUMORISTS, the MUSICIANS,the ARTISTS,
    the LISTENERS, the DANCERS,
    the people who came to the RESCUE,
    the people who TRAVELED great distances,
    the people who shared their STORIES and TALENTS,
    the PHOTOGRAPHERS, FILMMAKERS
    and the WHOLE WONDERFUL KITTEN CABOODLE.
    Old friends bonded, new friends were made.
    What a great GREAT GREAT time that was had by
    "ALL"

THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK
    YOU,
    THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU,
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU

THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK

Let us not forget all of EVERYONES extended family spouses, parents. the child sitters, the animal sitters and everyone that helped make this past weekend so rewarding.
    To all our viewers, readers, and anyone else the above applies to you also.

1kd........what you did for, and the part you played in helping Ruth and Margie pull this off is nothing short of phenominal. I don't know if folks are aware of the magnitude of your involvement, but I think I am, and I send you a huge, Garwoodian hug of appreciation. You were in on the ground floor and took it all the way to the pavillion in the park, which, I understand, you arranged through your brother. Your photos may become the official archive of this event, as it should be. Outf%$#&ngstanding, my man.Thank you very, very much.
    Now, about those capris your wife was wearing at the Firefly. The thought entered my mind that maybe those were my pink set that had been dyed black. Is that possible? Normally[[?), I'm not suspicious by nature, but when it comes to my capris, all bets are off. This thing isn't over yet.

Mike Kelly.....what can I say, bro? You saved the day onstage for the whole entire music end of the event and pulled it off just great. It could not have happend without you; and hey, mister, you've got some chops! I can't believe you did sooo much with so little rehearsal time. Players know it's tough to just plug into something like that. Thank you so much. I don't know if I could drive that van around in this day and age; but then again, I wouldn't want to be the one to make a stupid remark about it at a traffic light and have you get out of the driver side door to come and ask me to "speak up" 'cause you couldn't hear me very well. Know what I mean?

Isle of Fun.... Right On!
    Last edited by Drummer21; June-16-09 at 06:17 PM.

Isle...I second Jeep's right on..stilll trying to take it all in
    Last edited by Whaler; March-18-10 at 09:07 AM.

......whew !!! ... Thanks all just for being there...a lotta people came a long way... I only had ta go 20 miles ....
    it was a special night ..
    so good to see everyone

WOW.....what a day...3 loads of laundry and 3 decent naps....plus tried to watch the dvd all the way through but couldn't....and how to you top all those thank yous....Bro Larrys and Jeeps kudos to Mike Kelly are so totally and completely deserving....what you folks might not know is that this guy [[Mike Kelly) never played with, or, even new any of us....we were able to practice maybe 45 min to an hour with him in Markleys basement....we put together about a 90 min set list of which we actually did 2 - 2 1/2 songs that we worked on and the rest was just playin....He never even heard of the song "Can't be so bad" that Bro Larry finally joined in on, and pulled it off with class and style....and his rendition of "Mustang Sally" should be in the Garwoodian HOF....Harrys guitar playing is legendary and could have been louder and more, and Markley what you can do to a guitar could be classified as dangerously flammable....amazing amazing amazing..... what can be said about Picards vocals and bass playin that held it all together......and what can be said about Miss Natalies amazing vocal support, and to think that she was so worried about being able to hang in there,talk about grace and style, all the supporting cast of singers Margie and the drum beats of Candy and Darrell and of course David and Roslyn...and what about the haunting vocals of Arlee ....And many of us were waiting to see if he would get up there or not..did happen, and, as I told him earlier in an E-mail...mushy stuff mushy stuff mushy stuff and I'm so proud of him..a little more mushy stuff and WOW...So many more insights to come but the screen on my computer has all this watery stuff in it so I better wrap it up....I got a whole lot of stuff about Jeeps drumming and missing Mark Swanberg...stay tuned ...More to come

arlee:d roselyn:d david:d

Attachment 1792
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-23-09 at 01:49 AM.

My My My.............I will be forever better for all that has happenedAttachment 1793
    Last edited by Margie; October-14-09 at 10:03 AM.