Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 191 of 432 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 201 241 291 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Sweet Dreams F.O.G.
    Sweet Dreams Veterans..We can enjoy a sweeter sleep tonight because of you.
    Attachment 3796
    Last edited by Margie; February-22-10 at 07:54 PM.

This is a long overdue thanks from the Steinmetz family. Kendra appreciates all of the posts on her caring bridge, birthday wishes, poems, etc. I will have her post here soon. Her cast came off today!!! She is still struggling but headed in the right direction.
    Larry, thanks for your service. Also - STAY AWAY FROM TJ!
    1KD-I can picture that orange sky over the Rouge, I had forgotten about that. I remember ice skating on the Ecorse Creek and being afraid of what was in that water I would touch if the ice broke.
    Old guy - did you have any contact with steely dan or their crew? i have a friend working with them

sorry old guy, the steely dan question should have gone to drummer21

Howdy y'all, it's me again....is this you?

Been away a little while ....just ain't had much to say....been listening to a lot of music, and I've got to say that there is finally a lot of good stuff out there, for a change.....thought I'd throw out some suggestions, and maybe, as they say down here, we will try to make you happy any way we can. We will try so many ways that you are bound to like one of them.
    One guy that's making the rounds is Zac Brown....really good stuff....Steve Warner has a "Tribute to Chet Akins" which you picker will drool over.....Rosanne Cash "The List" unfreakin believable, Old tunes with a really nice twist.....been listening to Eva Cassidy a little also. Her stuff with Jackson Browne is haunting......Any way gang I have not forgotten any of you or "checked out", just got nutin ta say. I am really happy to hear that Princess Kendra is headin round the corner...Hang in there sweetheart and keep "doing good things" the rest of you do the same................. And I'm really pissed at the Gov't, more than I want to get into right now......all I can say is the it is just unconscionable the way these sell out politicians have ruined our contry..........guess we'll just have to take back again....

A REVOLUTION! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!
    If we could just get beyond our "us" vs "them" and all pull together - the top 2% or so that run this country and who have all the $ [[and that aint the politicians folks - they are just the puppets) would be out of here in a heart beat and we could ALL have a good life.

"People say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.............."

Ruthie...I can't think of anything else that could work besides a REVOLUTION

I recall that there was a move to clean the pollution out of Rouge River. I wonder if that ever happened. Sug would have liked the Renaisance gathering at Ford field on the Rouge. Don't know if that is still happening either. Peace. Stnfrnt, There ain't no stinkin' wallets in T.J. Cheech told me so.

I'm looking forward to a Spontaneous Evolution on the planet Earth!

Gash, thanks for all of your music recommendations. I'm emailing my library today to order them. I'm always excited by my friend's offerings, especially musician friends.

Candy, there's been an ongoing clean-up of the Rouge for many years. How dramatic the effect has been in terms of total water quality, I can't say. Overall, the effect is certainly apparent in all parts of the Rouge, especially upstream. Clean-up has included pulling trash and debris as well sludge and chemical removal. The problem is that the abuse of our lakes and rivers was so overwhelming for so many decades, centuries in fact, that we'll likely never return them to near pristine quality. I live on Ford Lake, which is the Huron River watershed. The Rouge River watershed is only a few miles away from here. The biggest problem on the Huron is no longer industrial pollution, but runoff. Runoff from roads, parking lots, farm fields, etc. I have to say I'm somewhat impressed with the amount of observation and research being conducted on the Huron. I can't believe there's not an equal amount on the Rouge.

Go, go, go Girl! Get back out there and live your life Kendra. I'm looking forward to seeing a photo, or a few photos of you doing whatever - swimming, soccer, biking, hanging out. And of course, with your big smile.

Quote Originally Posted by jordangirl3 View Post
    sorry old guy, the steely dan question should have gone to drummer21
    They did the Aja show and I don't know anyone on that band. SD does many different shows and they use different musicians in each show. When they use Ricky Lawson as the drummer I can probably get a message to him. Who is your friend?

Kendra has a Cub hat coming from me. Glad to hear shes headed in the right direction.

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. [[Code 41)
    Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device"

Do you Mac users ever run into this kind of shit??

HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET

Hippie Handbook Rule #1:
    "The more responsibility you take on..the more hash you have to smoke"
    Tell your congressman.

No Larry. We have more sophisticated problems. Really cool icons that let you know there's a problem.

OG.......on a more serious, no bullshit note, have you ever considered a City Council position? There are tons of things we citizens could do on local levels that affect the everyday life of a "working man"; I've got a Veteran Advocacy/Assistance thing going on a personal level that is time well spent for me. It doesn't sound like much, but it's the little things that I've learned and the experiences I've had running the gambit from combat to coming home and trying to figure out WTF just happened that give me street creds to help other guys. I think you are in a similar situation with your awareness and concern and willingness to do something about what you see as wrongs that need to be righted. Burned out [[and not so burned out surfer guys) would say you're a 'gnarly dude'. Anyway........just thought I'd ask.

Thanks Larry. I do get involved with a lot of small issues. I really do feel that we all have to contribute in some way to make things better. Sitting back and waiting for the government to fix things is how we got into this situation in the first place. I don't think there's anything too small that a person can do to make things better. Any little thing we do is significant. When we look at the big picture we tend to become overwhelmed and feel there's nothing we can do. I'm glad you're doing things that seem important to you. For some reason, the tougher it gets on a personal level, the more I want to do for others. Keep it up buddy.

What goes around, comes around, right. It's all pretty simple.
    Attachment 3811
    Last edited by old guy; November-17-09 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET

Hippie Handbook Rule #1:
    "The more responsibility you take on..the more hash you have to smoke"

Tell your congressman.
    Is that a major rule to live by, or what? Right there with 'do unto others' [[and then get the f#*k outta there).

It's time for 'This Old House'. See ya'. Gotta build me a cabin.

A favorite cartoon from a favorite cartoonist.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; December-03-09 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. [[Code 41)
    Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device"

Do you Mac users ever run into this kind of shit??
    answer Stn... NO any questions ?

replying to my reply...Hello goodtimers...once again apologizing to all for my unexplained absence. I love you all. I'm like way busy with life in 3 locations and have a hard time getting on the computer. Lucky the website would even let me post after all this time...[[I may have set a record) speaking of records, whatever happened to, you know, the documentary ? was there anything like audio recorded? can I hear some of it? or was it too shameful ? from what I remember [[and thats pushing it) there were some moments.
    If you're all so pee'd that you feel I need to be punished, I'll banish myself to a pitfull of itchy leaves...I have experience with that lately anyway...Stn, trade in 3 of your PC's for a mac...its a happier existence from my experience...Gash I tried to email you about Vets day, but got the famous "mailer daemon" thang...dammit...talk to me, bro...I wanted to tell you that next time I go to Fla I'd like ta stop by yer crib on the way back...

weeks ago I visited a VietNam buddy that Stnfrnt also hanged with, and we had a good ole time at a crib near the Rockies. Just Stellar. did take some pics if G'Wooders are interested...then I was off to Orlando to paint my son's house, and am now suffering from severe ladder-legs... did lose some weight...anyway...i'm stoked about Kendra, and hope the family is seeing some daylight...

Stonefront lives in history in present in future GarWood was the medium, and music is the passion...

Hey Gleeman, good to hear from you. You're actually always here. Every time my cursor slides over the Garwood thread, your initial statement of "Am I really starting this thing?' pops up. I even went back and read the first 3 or 4 pages of this new site. Hilarious.

hey, O.G...ya that's my claim to fame...EXCEPT that, 1K was right, HE started the gig...I just re-booted it...
    hey, I was talking to a friend of mine who sometimes takes the Ferry over from either Muskegon or Ludington across Lk. Michigan to Wisconsin and lands near your neck 'o the woods, right? I could see myself takingf that sometime with my truck-bike-kayaks-geetars-tents over to see the Dells...sounds like a future plan for me and maybe a coupla others, right ? its only $30 bucks for the ferry and a couple extra for a kayak..like a 2 hour excursion on one of those fast hydrofoil boats-sounds like a gas...