Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 312 of 432 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 322 362 412 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Sorry I couldn't make it to "The Ham" on Friday night. Too hot, too humid, too medicated and just plain too old to keep up. I sleep a lot!

Besides........if you knew how good Markley is on guitar, you'd stay home and practice too!

Stone.. Long day at work..I drove to Hamtown..Hooked up recorder...A fella named Joe came looking for you ...Your a Legend...Rona showed up and with Ken he kick my ass im Pool..Ruth and Margie Looked Great...Skipper was a true Gentlemen....Here you Go

Good Night Moon...Good Night Stars...Good Night Friends...xox
    Attachment 6460

Skip I hope you and all friends from Garwood have as much fun as I did last year. And be sure to post a lot of photos.

Hver is stillrockin

Default Garwood Sailing Tours, Inc

Ok everyone, all aboard for sailing this afternoon.
    We will leave the dock at Kean's Marina, 100 Meadowbrook at 3:30. Tell the guard you are here for the Garwood Reunion. Turandot is located at dock 125 [[off to the right after you come through the gate)
    Meadowbrook is off E. Jefferson, 4 blocks East of Waterworks Park
    I can take up to 7 people. Spread the word.
    We'll do a 3 hour tour, have you back on dry land by 6:30 latest.
    Any questions or to RSVP, call Ken Klemmer 248-835-9234
    Otherwise, see you all tonight!
    KKlemmer

D.K. Bradley was In the House..........

Last edited by stnfrnt; August-14-10 at 10:51 AM.

The stars are aligning. The Age of Aquarius has fallen upon Detroit again. The lights burn brightly in the old mansion on the water once again. Sailboats magically hear the chord and harmonies of Stonefront carrying miles across the water. The older sailers cock their heads and smile, remembering a golden summer long ago. No, it couldn't be. It is!
    Last edited by RickBeall; June-19-10 at 01:24 PM.

Default Pals

Sure wish I was up there...Party on all y`all...
    "Every body`s equal-In the end it all comes out the same"...You ARE a true tunesmith Larry...God`s speed ...

Jordan Girl 3, Kendra, First Lady, Jordan Girl 2, A2DJ and assorted others are in the house. Look forward to seeing everyone.
    Can't wait for Kendra to see everyone.

11. Default

Garwooder's rock and Ruth is the Queen of all men's dreams! See ya tonight.

Headin' on down to the 'Ham', now. Batten the hatches and buckle up....John Collier promised to levitate.

There's probably a few gals who'd like to get hold of Ruth, too.

Sorry I can't make the festivities tonight, I hope all have a great time & I hope
    to see everyone at the Old Miami tomorrow.

15. Default

On my way.

I want everyone to party like it's 1970. Have a great time. I wish I could be there.

Well, I partied like it was 1970 ... well like a someone who was 56 years old would do it. Ha ha.

I am still filled with the afterglow of the event as I write this.

Believe it or not, but Ruth has a large, ornately carved chair which is the only surviving piece of furniture from the GarWood mansion. She brought it from Indiana to Detroit for the reunion. They had Kendra, the princess of GarWood, sit in the chair and we all clapped and said how happy we are that she was there with us, and clapped that she had faced her dangers so bravely and sweetly.

Later, the Stonefront band played: Larry, Gash, Gleeman, DKBradley and Mike. I took advantage of an opportunity and sat in the GarWood chair. The feeling of loving and caring was in the air. It was very mellow as I listened. Gleeman has painted a beautiful mural which was behind the band, but not quite up on the wall yet. I imagined the bright colors of the mural were the large picture windows and 3 story drapes of the GarWood Mansion, and I was back in 1970.

I listened to songs that had not been performed in front of an audience for 40 years. Rock'nRoll! Great stuff! Gash and Mike provided the backbone, Gleeman and Larry provided the sparkle.

Don't let Larry tell you he can't sing. He can sing gruff and with feeling. And Larry wrote a new song about the GarWood. I hope he records it onto a mp3 and puts it online, so everyone can hear what we heard.

The best part of a GarWood party are all the conversations. And at any event at Skipper's Hamtown Bar, Skipper makes you feel like you are among your best friends. The back yard was newly open and the weather was perfect. Whaler ran sound, ensuring everyone sounded great. David and Rosalynn played in the backyard.

I think you would call that a perfect evening.

Markley toasts Stillrockin from the aforementioned chair.

Last edited by stnfrnt; July-15-10 at 12:55 AM.

Mr. Rickbeall blew the doors off the joint with the "Gar Wood Anthem" and "Hoover Was a Mover".

Last edited by stnfrnt; August-14-10 at 10:51 AM.

Happy Father day my dad was a pistol and I'm a son of a gun.

Hver is stillrockin
    Last edited by stillrockin; June-20-10 at 09:18 AM.

Mornin' ya'll, another beautiful day in the city. The gig was cool at Skippers last night.
    Lowell was digging Mike and Margies party van.

Attachment 6464

[[I have to admit I was glad to see the Urgent Care facility across the street)

more to come later...

WOW!! Sounds like it was an awesome shindig at Skipper's last night!! Hope you are all having the time of your life!

I'm so glad to know that Kendra was a part of this year's gathering. Give her my best!

Looking forward to seeing more pics!!!

Rick: Nice to meet you at Skipper's on Thursday. Great pics!!!

Default Pals

I remember sitting in that chair while watching the Lions lose to the N.O. Saints 19-17 when stump footed Tom Dempsey kicked a 63 yd field goal...

Margie has started a tradition.........hope Mike approves.....

Last edited by stnfrnt; July-08-10 at 07:57 PM.

Mike taking a break in "The Chair".

Last edited by stnfrnt; July-15-10 at 12:55 AM.