Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 183 of 432 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 193 233 283 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

About a '62, Whaler.

Check this out. Front page...."All That Jazz".

http://www.allthatjazzinc.com/

Last edited by stnfrnt; June-22-10 at 05:52 PM.

Detroit help needed!
    I've been pulled into another reunion planning gig. This time it's for my high school - 45 years. I did the 40th and it was a mega-weekend long party - now they're asking me for a repeat. UGH
    I'm looking for a good band in the area that plays just oldies - this is a high school bunch guys - not the energy level of the Garwoodians. If you know of any such group in Detroit [[the party will be held in Livonia) please send me a note

NOW - ABOUT THE NEXT GARWOOD PARTY. I'll help with that too of course but it can't be the first weekend of August. I think we were talking about the end of June right? Who wants to help pull it together?

ruthie...i can't wait...im
    your go to girl....lets hit it

Ruth....I've got a box set of Benny Goodman you're welcome to use for your high school reunion. Incredible stuff....really.

Go Jeep! Go Jeep!

Stnfrnt.... Thank you for the putting that out there.

1KeilsonDr....Thank you. I'm having some fun.

Ruth.... Joe Stockwell has a band in Detroit. I don't know if they're the right band for you but it's worth a call. They must be good at what they do, with him singing lead and playing the B3 I know I'd like it. Yep, I said it, Joe is kicking a B3. Joe played in "Stonefront". His brother Rick was one of the original members. E-mail me if you want his contact info.

Peace

Ruth..I am In..I spoke to the Sound Guy from the Firefly. [[Grande Photo).He has some ideas also..

Old Guy
    Cool house , looks like you have curved windows on the second floor, kinda like the G W windows only smaller. Since you have been so kind to share I felt compelled to share also.
    I think it is funny how many of us ended up living in very old homes.

Here is a picture of our the home where we raised our children and learned all about restoring, recycling and refurbishing. Hence the gothic window in the studio barn salvaged [[legally) from a local building that was torn down. The home has been in our family for close to 100 years and I can say for sure that one of Michigan's Governor's and his family slept there.
    More importantly, to us, are the great people that have passed through those doors and they are our very good family and friends. We do not live there now but the home is still in the family.

Hansel and Gretel without the witch? That's a great little house, Isle, and I hope it stays in your family forever.

DET313GRRL

Happy Birthday
    hope you have
    a great day!

IT'S TIME TO TUCK A BUNCH OF
    HAPPINESS IN YOUR LIFE
    AND LIGHT THE WORLD WITH YOUR
    GREAT SMILE.
    WE ARE SURE GLAD TO BE
    A PART OF THAT!
    LOT'S OF LUV
    R & E

Hey Isle..You beat me to it....Nice Alium.... I Just saw Det313grrl..She is the Best ...Not bad for 22 Ehhh...Peace to All..Whaler

OG and Isle.... Your homes are beautiful!

Happy Birthday Det313Girl!

Hello. It's been a long time since I've been here. My computer died just after the Reunion. I think I managed one message before its total demise. I'm now back with a working home computer and anxious to get participating agan in this thread. Haven't read much from the end of June onward, due to the same problem, so I'm WAAAAYY behind in what has been going on for the last few months. And it will probably take me a bit of time to read all that has been posted since then! Sure miss all of you that I saw during the Reunion. I'm definitely looking forward to another one.

Hope y'all are ok.

Annie
    Last edited by beenthere; October-20-09 at 10:09 PM.

beenthere......huge welcome back to you, and you do have a lot of catching up to do if it's been that long.We missed you.

Dgrl.......you little sweetheart.....Happiest of Birthdays to you.
    Whaler's right.....you are the best. I'm not sure what you are the best of, or at, but I'm going with Whaler on this. He knows you, and I trust his judgement.

Birthdy Babe

Last edited by stnfrnt; June-22-10 at 05:52 PM.

Welcome back Annie and happy birthday Detroit girl

you both rock!

Good to hear from you Annie. A belated birthday shout to Det girl.
    Hang in there Kendra. Nice place Isle. Looks like a place I'd feel comfortable at.

Annie, really glad to hear from you! Saw you drive off with Vic after the reunion picnic and I just stood there next to our car an wondered if any of us would ever see each other again. It was a sad moment, mixed with all the joy of the afternoon.

Today is Det313grrl's birthday , I guess I got ahead of myself.

OG your home looks comfortable also, do you have an area where you work on your carvings? That is when you are not editing

Where is Gash? Bet he got hooked up with some band and is off on tour Or maybe he's met some special lady who's overwhelmed him

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Hansel and Gretel without the witch? That's a great little house, Isle, and I hope it stays in your family forever.
    Thanks Stnfrnt, no witch, however there where some real brew haha's there as well as some interesting cooking concoctions.

The only special ladies that overwhelm Gash these days are his daughters, so he must be on tour; probably with Hoover's pole dancers.

Observations from a tree stump in Whiskey Flats

"As long as you are struggling,

you have not been conquered."
    Last edited by stnfrnt; November-22-09 at 10:01 PM.

I don't mean to scare Bentspur. I know he's probably still got memories of the monkey, floating off down the Detroit River at the monkey funeral, but...Attachment 3623
    I ran across this ad in a 1963 Field & Stream magazine. I love the "even likes lollipops," and "Live delivery guaranteed."
    Last edited by old guy; November-16-09 at 05:09 PM.

Stoney, re; #4571, that's my personal philosophy. Has been for most of my life. Thanks for posting it in a more eloquent phrase than I've usually used. I now have a nice way of saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Observations from a tree stump in Whiskey Flats

"As long as you are struggling,

you have not been conquered."
    I dig it.

Was the photo taken around Porterville?

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I don't mean to scare Bentspur. I know he's probably still got memories of the monkey, floating off down the Detroit River at the monkey funeral, but...Attachment 3623
    I ran across this ad in a 1963 Field & Stream magazine. I love the "even likes lollipops," and "Live delivery guaranteed."
    I miss my friend Willie the Squirrel monkey even though he used to sit on my shoulder and eat my ears. As I Might have mentioned before he went to the track and became a jockey. I never saw him again. Peace. P.S. Happy birthday Detgrrl, you are catching up to me,
    Te-hee. Hang in the cool zone Kendra. We saw Bob Dylan and my impression is that he is cool at 68.