Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 179 of 432 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 189 229 279 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

WINKY DINK!

I think I still have my screen stashed somewhere.......hoping for comeback.

Looks like some tough weather out there Candy Man. Just using my last two tomatoes out of the garden tonight but it's getting mighty chilly here. Had the first hard freeze last night. Makes for good Walleye fishing though.
    I'd go down and spend a couple months at Hoover's, but he set a 5 day limit from the time I arrive at the airport to the time I get back on a plane if I ever go down there. Guy's got a good memory. Doesn't look like any trips in the Old Guys near future. Wonder if Bentspur's still out on the range? And Sug. Was up wif Sug?

Hey.......what's up with these California teams?

SNUGGELIN WITH THE KIDS WATCHING fRANKLIN
    Attachment 3499
    WISH YOU WERE HERE !

Last edited by Margie; February-22-10 at 07:54 PM.

Hey Everyone
    Just got back home a few days ago. I would go into detail what I have been doing but it would turn in a book " THE LIFE AND TIMES OF BENTSPUR" Worked in New Mexico most of the summer and then Texas, Then made it up to South Dakota on my way home and helped my friend round up 1400 head and sort and ship his steers and move his heifers to the feed lot for the winter. I have been reading the thread on my cell phone but it has been too hard to respond. Not to good at typing with my thumbs. Just going to be home for about a month and then it will be hunting season and off I go again. Hey Stone all those emails you have been getting from me have been forwarded by my wife. She loves to fwd emails and you were on my list. It's snowing here today, so I'm just going to sit by the wood stove. I also have a 106 year old house. Lots to do to get it ready for winter. Well thats enough for now. Just wanted to say Howdy to everyone.

Good to hear from you Bentspur. Sounds like quite a summer. I also live in a 120+ year old house. Winterizing? I do what I can but the wind blows straight through it even though it's brick. We're getting a few flurries here.

Just letting everyone know that Rona emailed us yesterday to tell us her father @ age 94, passed away yesterday.

We are above the clouds so our weather was pretty good over the weekend--we didn't get the snow, freezing rain and freezing temperatures that Denver and Co. Springs had. Lucky us! O.G. give us a call when you get a chance.
    Last edited by Candy man; October-12-09 at 12:44 PM. Reason: addition

Bentspur.....glad to see you come off the range for a spell and get back on the old thread here. Man, I wish you would have told me that it was your wife that was relaying my emails to you. I might have toned them down a bit had I known she was involved in their delivery.

Eh.....probably not.

Stnfrnt.... The LA area teams are on fire! It should be fun out there. I hope you're enjoying it.

Don't say "on fire" to a Southern Californian. We start shaking and we wet our pants.

Dont worry about it Stnfrnt, she's a big girl and has pretty much seen it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy man View Post
    Just letting everyone know that Rona emailed us yesterday to tell us her father @ age 94, passed away yesterday.
    Thank you all for the emails and love for our family and friends. Dad was a man proud to be born in Detroit, right in his mothers house.Love you all Rona
    Hope leon's song tight rope rings a bell?

Thanks RockinRona. Remember the Gar Wood, St. Clair Shores and River Rouge.

My condolences to you RockinRona.

love you rona...................xoxxoxox

lOVE YOU lARRY....YOU STINKER

whats the deal hoover ?
    Speak up buddy xox

Larry's a 'stinker'? Ummmmm Margie, I think your maternal instincts are getting the best of you. I don't think we'd call him a stinker. We might use other, more colorful and descriptive terms [[some we'd be unable to post here at DY), but 'stinker'? Okay, I'll leave this one alone.

Jordangirls and GarWooder's, I called Alan Grayson's office, again today, to thank him for his assertive comments about healthcare. You all should do the same, if you haven't already.

RockinRona...My condolences to you Also..Just went thru both Parents the Last couple of years...Think of the good things....Peace...Whaler

Hah, A friend sent me this picture. I think this was what I looked like the last time Larry expelled me from the Garwood. Slightly angry.
    Attachment 3513
    Last edited by old guy; April-01-10 at 07:17 PM.

Or maybe after the biker party? Long time ago.

Detroit

Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan, carries the designation M-1, so named because it was the first paved road anywhere.

How come I don't remember any of the stuff I did? OG...sorry if I offended you or anybody else I might have pulled a power trip on. You do look a little pissed off in the photo, but I don't remember you ever being so cleaned up.