Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 382 of 432 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 392 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

OG...do you know what street the Garbage Pit was on?

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    OG...do you know what street the Garbage Pit was on?
    Not really Larry. I remember there was a place nearby where you could buy beer, if that helps.

I was looking at the Village Corner which was at South University and 601 South Forest. The Bagel Factory was right there too. I put a google st. view on here with the Village Corner in 2010. I guess they just tore it down to build a high rise. If you look across the street you see a green awning where the production studio was [[the name escapes me) that ?the Russian guy, Gus, Robyn, myself and others worked. I lived down the street on Forest in the same house as A2Dj, the radio house. I just ran across an article that said Bob Dylan lived at 605 S. Forest for a summer during the 60's. Small world.

http://villagecorner.com/about/who.html

Attachment 10865

OG...great link thanks again

It's still there...across the street from what used to be the Bagel Factory.....

Attachment 10872

Del rio - best burritos in town - many a burito and beer afternoon passed there.

Has anybody else read Steven Tylers autobiography? I never knew how deep into 60's rock he was into.
    Pre Aerosmith, opening for the Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Fleetwood Mac, Cactus, The Fugs,[[Saran Wrap) and Led Zepplin.
    And his drug use made me look like a pussy, which he would have banged anyway. Two guitarists of the 60's who never did drugs or alcohol, were Frank Zappa and Ted Nugent. I knew about the Nuge, you Republican bastard, “but Weasels Eat my Flesh”? What was I thinking at the time? [[Flo and Eddy), Well, I guess I wasn't, at that time. Huh – what?
    Anyway, this book makes Grace Slick's autobiography look like a brownie handbook.
    Anybody have a experience with these guy's/groupies? Post it here, don't worry, we'll keep it on the down low. For eternity.

-Big

Default Pals

thanx O.G. for the flashbacks....Stnfrnt- Did we gig @ the 2nd Chance? I took too much LSD to remember that period in time...Wait- why am I askin` you?

highhat...good question....i know i played there a bunch of times...i just can't remember who it was with...

I saw Aerosmith warm up for Rory Gallagher at the Michigan Palace. Someone once asked Jimi Hendrix what it was like to be the greatest guitar player in the world and he said. I don't know ask Rory Gallagher.

hey eastown - haven't heard from you in a while.
    Nice quote from Hendrix

Hendrix said the same thing about Roy Buchanan and Buddy Guy as well.

Pete Townsend quote to Eric Clapton the first time they saw this new guitar player that everybody was raging about:

"We might be out of a job, soon."

Quote from Van Morrison to old guy, Detroit early 70's, "Got any f***ing beer?"

An hour or so later, Van Morrison to old guy, "Whoops, sorry I pissed on your dog. I didn't see her sitting there."

OG...I think I remember that night...somethig about stolen harmonicas and smoking pot in the airport?

On a more serious note...has anybody seen Hoover hanging around D-town recently?

Detroit police impound suspected mobile strip club

AP – 6 hrs ago

HighHat might be refering to the "Last Chance Saloon" in Dearborn.....Stonefront was house band there for a long time......Burger joint across the street had the best greasy burgers with sauteed onions and really geasy fries.....

HEY TIGERS.....What da f__K

Also: Chances Are was the bar a couple doors down from Mr. Flood's on Liberty Street. Then Chances Are became Second Chance and then eventually The Nectarine Ballroom. We always thought it was Second Chance because when you got bounced out of Flood's, you still had the Second Chance.

http://www.motorcitymusicarchives.com/lostvenues.html#L

Yeah,....isn't that where Stonefront hooked up with the "Brubecks and Big Brother and the Holding Company, and maybe Drew Abbot etc......High Hat, any of this sounding faimiliar......might want to check the window....

Y'all Go Do Good Things...........

Strange.....a few burned out hippies trying to help another burned out hippy try to remember something from 40+ years ago Ya gotta love it....

What a country! ! !

hey buddy..i got yer' burned out hangin' right here...

og...i didn't think it was possible to get bounced out of flood's...

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    og...i didn't think it was possible to get bounced out of flood's...
    Come on Larry, I got kicked out of jail once.

Here's a little trivia story I ran across on Urban Planet. Someone's recollection of the demise of Flood's.

"I was there when Mr.Flood's Party closed it's doors...

It was prior to finals in 1986... Our dorm floor from Coman Baits II [[Graduate dorm on North Campus UM) went down to center campus for a final fling. We ended up in line at Mr. Flood's Party [[ about 10:00pm) and because it was overfull, we waited for people to leave so that we could enter... After about 15 minutes, enough people exited to allow about 5 of us in... what we didn't know was that there had been a confrontation between a patron and the house that resulted in the patron being bounced...

I was one of the ones that was entered and I bought a pitcher of beer for our party... I expected that the rest of our party would be inside in the next few minutes... that did not happen... and the doors were closed with what happened next.. no more were let in... as we watched, this is what happened... the patron that was bounced return in his pick-up truck... he was not a U of M student, but instead a local young kid doing carpenter work... when he was bounced, he removed his belt to use on the bouncer [[alcohol was definitely a factor here)... the bouncer [[1.5x his size) took the belt from him outside the place... he ran away... while half of our party was inside and the other half was waiting at the door... the bounced patron return in his pickup, stopped in front of the place, and threw an empty half gallon glass bottle of booze through the stained glass front door. The bouncer returned and the perp used a 4 foot carpenters level as a bat and broke the bouncers wrists as he tried to defuse the situation... at that point the doors were closed... no more let in... and no more liquor served... we moved next door to the restaurant bar and watched the police situation that followed... end result... Mr. Floods Party... never reopened..."

How about... do you remember this place?

Attachment 10909

Then this place, The Primo Show Bar....

Attachment 10910

Replaced this place... Mackinac Jack's.

Attachment 10911

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Come on Larry, I got kicked out of jail once.

Is that the story about the time you got busted on a "suspician of possesion" charge...the cops threw you in jail because you looked like you had drugs on you? Told them if they didn't let you out you were going to sell heroin to the school children?