Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 79 of 432 FirstFirst ... 29 69 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Guys our computer crashed and we lost everything....but we are ok...workin on it XOXOXO

Attachment 1384
    Last edited by Margie; October-14-09 at 06:54 AM.

Bentspur.......sorry. I seemed to have gotten you mixed up with BushMark. He was talking about cop stings the other day.

I read that and really thought about how true it could be. I sure hope the reunion isnt a trick to get me back to Detroit.

GEE Margie and Bigb23 who also had some virus really sorry for the loss.
    It is really frustrating and hope all is somewhat back on track.

The first time that happened to me my home owners insurance paid to replace the mechanics but not the programing [[it was do to an extreme electrical storm). I soon learned how to tear a comp. apart and rebuild and program it. But those dang viruses would still sneak in and challenge me.
    By the time I learned one thing someone came up with a newer faster better
    machine or program. Basically, I found that my friends with macs were not bitching as much so hence I am now a happy computerer or a happy macker. That does sound kinda funny, I'll have to find a cartoon picture of a happymac.

Candyman how was NM???

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    [size="4"]All the important people are posting on this thread right now!![/SIZE]
    Hey Stnfrnt, Veteran Mayor of Dearborn used to have a saying: "Its nice to be important, but, is more important to be nice." He was so nice that he drove by our shop one day in his convertable. It was 110degrees inside, so I was outside taking a break in the 90degree sun. He yelled out to his companion " Hey there is Jesus Christ". Thank You. Det313grl, when you take the Amtrac to Ann Arbor you will see the building that our welding shop was in on the left in West Dearborn ,south side of the tracks. Its an old block building [[the new owner painted it gray). Don't blink or you will miss it.
    Last edited by Candy man; May-23-09 at 06:25 PM. Reason: punc.

Detgrrl
    WOW to all those photos
    you make me remember my downtown days, I loved that riverfront, spent many lunch hours there, in windy weather. It alway felt like that wind just lifted your spirits , I really treasured those times. Thanks!!!!

Default NM

Quote Originally Posted by Isle_of_fun View Post
    Candyman how was NM???
    Taos looked allot like Colorado to me. Probably some older adobe buildings. We did pick up an Apache drum there that is awesome.

Default Its all cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentspur View Post
    I read that and really thought about how true it could be. I sure hope the reunion isnt a trick to get me back to Detroit.
    I think we all have a little paranoia left over from our past lives, but, like Sug said "its past the statute of limitations".

Neil, love the story about the mayor.

Good to hear from you Bentspur.

Gary I'd be up for something besides Karaoke. I'm listening to it right now from the bar across the street. Gets a little old. Actually there's a juggler in front of my office right now with a mic hooked up to a remote amplifier that's across the street, telling bad jokes and juggling something while riding a unicycle. Then the karaoke will start up again. Oyh. I'd go home but there's a huge wooden roller coaster about 250 feet from my back door with groups of people screaming at the top of their lungs until a little after midnight, every night until labor Day. Also a fake volcano that explodes with a 40 foot fireball every 17 minutes and lights up the inside of my house. To the right of my house is a ride called the Skyscraper that spins people 160 feet in the air and the people scream this hideous, horrible scream that I can't even describe. But on the other side of my house I have to chase deer out of my garden constantly and scare raccoons off my front deck. And yes, when it's hot out and the bars open their doors at night I can hear people singing karaoke from across the river until bar time. So yeah, I could use a break. They did move the jet heliport that was on the other side of my house a few years back. I think Gus might remember that. That helped.

Neil, I think I mentioned before that I was living near Taos just before the Garwood. At some hot springs up towards Arroyo Seco in the high desert. We used to drive into Taos and buy wine and rice and supplies. Then we'd go back behind the old buildings in the alleys and buy canvas sacks of peyote. Back then there were a lot of dirt streets and an old western type jail with a couple of cells just like you'd see in the movies. I also mentioned, [[I think) that when we had that conference at the Garwood when William Kunstler was there, that the people catering that weekend said they recognized me. We got to talking and I realized I had met them up in the mountains above the desert and drank wine together one night. Looks like it's really changed out there.

Thank God, the International Torture Museum that's 2 doors down from my office just closed for the night. They actually have fake corpses that scream. It's no wonder I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by stillrockin View Post
    Hey BushMark I smell wood burning.
    Oh yeah, Mark. I'm stumped on that one. By the way, we need to organize these bar gags we've been working on. I'll send you the revised list.

Ya Oldguy, The mayors name was Orville Hubbard. He was referred to as "Unkie Orvy" as he was mayor for like 30 years before he croaked. He was well known for being a racist. When ever the civil rights people would knock on his door [[which was supposed to be always open) to talk about why wasn't there any black people living in town, he would sneak out the back door and jump on the train to Chicago. He was loved by the residents though because he kept the property taxes way low and gave free city services such as garbage pick up. I think he died shortly after civil rights caught up to him or maybe it was seeing Jesus Christ.When you were in Taos did you run into Crow Feather? He is the one who turned us on to the drum and wants to come over here and put up a TeePee for us. As for you getting involved in Kareoke. I wish that I could sing as good as what I hear in my head, but, as Isle of fun posted , do it as if no one is listening and with me that is the case. I have wanted to sing "Black Magic Woman" but have realized what would happen if I did. Cool park you have there. They had to cancel some of the water parks here this weekend due to a gas leak and no way to heat the water. Hey, I'm still waiting to hear your hillbilly story when we meet again.

OK OG.....just read your post and ....well.....Have you been dipping into Markleys window pane.......sounds like something out of a freak and geek show......wouldn't mind the carnival atmosphere but the karaoke would drive me through the window......seems like a dream got me hypnotized......did fleetwood mac ever have a bad band.....ever????

Neil, I forgot to tell you this. I've got one plywood ear. So when you see me, no plywood ear jokes. I painted it when I was kind of drunk, and didn't do a very good job. Anyway, just take it easy on me.

Gash, the scary part is, that it's all true. Fortunately, I can be deep in the woods in under 5 minutes. Or floating past some of the most beautiful scenery in the country in a matter of minutes on the river.

Margie......real sorry about your computer crash. I know you can get it worked out. Love that fish animate.

Hoover......BushMark needs a personal message from you. Something about campfires.

Candy....ever been to Tularosa, NM. My friend built his house on top of a mesa out there. He loves it. I can see why. Let's go there. Bring your drums. He's got a studio in there. You might check out www.myspace.com/ron45becker. He recorded those tunes using a mac and a program called Band In a Box [[biab). Got some unique rhythm stuff going on.

Attachment 1389

Attachment 1388
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-08-09 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Neil, I forgot to tell you this. I've got one plywood ear. So when you see me, no plywood ear jokes. I painted it when I was kind of drunk, and didn't do a very good job. Anyway, just take it easy on me.
    Can we make a pact then? You don't mention my tin ear and I won't mention yours.

Stnfrnt, no never been there. I did look at Ron Beckers site though the last time you posted him. I thought maybe I knew him from school, but, I'm sure that it was a different Becker. Did you ever get a chance to look up my photographer friend Larry Hulst? I'm sure that you would be impressed.
    Last edited by Candy man; May-24-09 at 09:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Candy......sorry, haven't touched base with Larry Horst. How can I find him, again?

Pink Floyd is in concert on PBS--KOCE as we speak!! I think it's their last gig. No more after this. I think that's what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeman View Post
    yes and we'll have to keep this going AFTER the reunion, so that we can start planning for next years Reunion in MAUI
    MAUI with rona, right Ruth ? right Detgrrl...right Isle ? Stn u have no excuse.... right Margie, and we'll pool some cash to get people there.. remember the airfares from CA to Honolulu are $300 cheaper now...Hoover...no problem...Gash, you'll be there...
    great minds think alike, plenty of room for you all don't put this on the back burner,rr LOL Wish i was at the #1 mich. reunion. maybe #2 won't be so back burner, rr ALOHA AND E KOMO MAI [[ WELCOME)!!GASH YOUR FIRST ON ABOARD SAIL WITH YA BRO??

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Smart money says the wedding ain't gonna' happen til Archie clears up that little men's room incident.
    i HEAR ARCHIE ENDED UP MARR'IN JUGHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Isle_of_fun View Post
    Rona I know you must have some of that really strong brew out your way, because all of your photos are so perky

Stnfrnt. you always seem to be so alert what kind of coffee are you drinking?

Hey where is everyone? seems like some of you have quit posting???????

well just to let you know I sure do miss some of you
    YO YO ELLEN ME AND DA KIND ARE DRINKIN KONA COFFEE. I THINK GASH AND GLEE HAVE SOME WITH HOOVER BREWED UP ALREADY

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrona View Post
    hoov are you still on the meds, hope your having a speedy recovery, and using the time to catch up from all thoses days of work with the Trump Party's Lot's of Love and Blessings rr
    yo ARE YA BETTER JUST A LITTLE OR ALOT

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Stone, are you on land or water?
    ARE YOU WALKING ON WATER

WHERE RUTH LET'S DO A COUNT DOWN SHE AND BRUCE ARE 10 DAYS OUT //??

Page 79 of 432 FirstFirst ... 29 69 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 89 129 179 ... LastLast