Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 185 of 432 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 195 235 285 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

you get I can - - i can also do the Teaberry shuffle - remember that?

here's a bit of classic Soupy

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...=en&emb=0&aq=f#

I posted a photo of the Vanity last spring when I made my rounds for the FOG'ers. It's right on East Jefferson near Alter Road. Where we often went from the house. I think I deleted the photo. If I can find it I'll post it. You guys must've played there. I think Dgrrl posted pictures of your gig or the ballroom posters. Hey Dgrrrllllll....................................... .

Out of the GarWood..Go to Jefferson turn Right..5 mins..Quite a Few Bands played there I think JGiles Band recorded a Albun there????...Really big in the 30's-40's...Benny Goodman and That Crowd..I talked to a Friend of mine and Back then every weekend there was a Big Band..Kind of Like the Grande in the 60's..althoug the Grande had there share of Dance Bands in the 40's also....

Here's a sad photo.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; December-03-09 at 01:16 AM.

I took it on my way upbound to Lake St.Clair in 1981. I finally found it but I'm not sure if I can find the others. I'll keep trying.

Here's Suzy and Brian 'Cap'n Nemo' McDonald in the mid 80's. His joint, The Soup Kitchen Saloon, was really rocking at this time.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; November-15-09 at 03:52 PM.

For Ruthie's edification: Suzy in the previous picture is Suzy Wahl of the Cafe Detroit at Wayne State on Palmer around the corner from Cass Avenue and Alvin's. She owned and operated The Cafe . It was, as you likely know, one of the prime Detroit Jazz spots. All the Detroit players were there at one time or another, as well as anyone who was in town for a gig.

Great Mornin
    Love you all. So much catching up to do.Sharon...
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE PIE
    KENDRA...LOVE AND HEALING TO YOU
    ANNIE, SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU...STAY ON
    Wheres my Heidi...Hey Gash xox
    Have to get the kids to school...Back soon

Sorry I'm so slow in downloading Mike's Biiiigg Time Wrassslling pictures. I'll do it soon. Meanwhile, here's another one of my oldies. This is the John J. Kendall - the Detroit fireboat that responded to the fire at the Gar Wood the night the trucks couldn't get over the bridge due to it being too narrow. I'm sorry I don't have a more full picture. I have, or had some full pictures of her. They may have perished in my house fire or may be stashed somewhere around my present house. The Kendall was retired. The Curtis Randolph [[the present Detroit Fireboat, albeit in lay-up) took her place. Kendall went up to Bay City for a few years and then was purchased by a friend of mine for his marine contracting business. I was on her numerous times, including this time - the 1989 Tug Boat Race on the Detroit River. The only time I was ever on an overall winner of the race. I was on a few class winners, but never the overall winner until this one. If Billybrew is monitoring this link, he may want to pipe-in, considering his long ties to the tug business and races, the Kendall and the Detroit River.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; November-15-09 at 03:52 PM.

What's the guy on the right doing? Eating a sandwich?

Oh yeah, he's headed for the munchies.

Vox Guest

I ran across a former resident, used to live in the attic, Name of Brent Meyers. I think he was there before the bunch of you were, he doesn't seem to remember any of you. Larry Brown was mentioned as well. Any hits?

Okay, here are some of Mike's BIG Time Wrassling pictures. Mike greeting his fans ringside. Yeah - go MIKE. [[That's a security guy in the background. You can tell he's really worried about protecting Mike).

Here's Mike rousing the crowd. Man, I wouldn't want to get in the ring with Mike for nothing, unless he was my tag team mate. There's that security guy again - falling asleep. Mr. Security wasn't even needed. If someone had messed with Mike, the whole house, kids and all, would've extracted revenge. They looooved him.

Mike 'Machine Gun' Kelly declaring victory over the bad guys with his team mates. Don't mess with these guys. It was an a*s whooping.

This guy felt the need to apologize to Mike for past transgressions. I'd apologize too. I was lucky enough to be next to them but not in between them.

I made my way clear in this picture. I didn't want to be around in case anyone changed their mind and tried to even up old scores. I'd already been squirted with soda when a couple of the really bad guys smashed pop cans on the heads of the do-gooders.

After banishing most all of the bad guys from the Planet Earth, Mike has to be his real, true self. Awwwwwww. You big old softy.

Oh, oh , there's one more bad guy to haul back to justice [[the ring). He ran outta the place screaming and crying after he and his teammates unfairly beat up on the good guys. Last seen in the locker room barring the door, refusing to come out for the final bell, Mike went after him, pulling him from the lockers, kicking and screaming and carried him to his reckoning. WOW - what a finale. The good guys prevail. I'll never forget my evening at BIG Time Wrassling.

Here's my favorite after Big Mike. This is.......[[drum roll)................Chuck Wagon. Kinda reminds me of Haystack Calhoun.

We used to go out, getting high, partying for hours and days, drinking and smoking, carousing and carrying on, just to have some fun. Nowadays, this is about as much fun as it gets - hanging with these guys. That's twice I've hung out with Margie's crew since the reunion. Angel was making a face at me with her pizza hanging out of her mouth. Mikey could've cared less if I was a Martian, he was eating.

The Grand Finale : The good guy wins the girl. And of course, they get married and live happily ever after. Sorry about the shadow, Angel. I'm still learning my camera.

Alllllright Mike! Thanks for the pics Skip.

You've got it goin' on there Mike! Angel looks pretty good, too [[ha ha). Nice going, skipper.

Great shots! Great "blow by blow" picture descriptions!