Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 403 of 432 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 413 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Not to sound too repetitive, but I just don't understand why nobody posts here anymore. Did everyone lose their computers, or internet connections? I just can't fathom the idea that at least several people don't post on occasion and say hello. It's kind of sad actually. We had a good thing going.
    Is it just facebook, the NSA based forum? Not to sound like a conspiracy nut, but hey, logic sometimes prevails.

jeez, don't remember being a Boy Scout. Must have been the oldest one, having the best time.

Name:  Detroit-Boy-Souts.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  36.1 KB

I'm just reaching out here. Could someone else jump in here... Candy Man, Penny, Hoover, A2 Dj. Det313grl, gash, graynoodle, Bentspur, Gleeman, Margie, Ruth, Bigbe23, Whaler, Isle, Margie, rockinrona, Drummer 21, me, Rocketwhit.....hell. Lowell, Django, Gannon, Gistock, Jimaz, Danny, Sumas, Oladub, Marsha Music, Mikeg's, Papa, professor, MikeM, anybody or their family. Prison inmates. Donald Duck. Dick Cheney. The more the gooder.
    Last edited by old guy; November-05-13 at 03:02 AM.

This would make a good Twilight Zone episode.

Oh, wait: The Twilight Zone [[1959) - Where Is Everybody? [[Full)

Hey Now Old Guy!!!...Nice Jimaz!!!...Hope they all stop by for a visit..I would of thought after the Reunion it would of got Bigger!!!...Whaler

We need to get Stillrockin back up and running here. After all, he was one of the Founding Fathers of the whole Gar Wood mansion phenomenon. He and Breeze were the only guys there when they let me and Gus in the front door on that fateful summer evening on Grayhaven Island. We walked in, found 2 lbs. of hash, and the rest is subject to interpretation. And I still don't remember a pay phone in the porte d'entree

Hahaha...Nice Stone!!!...Always thought what a great time to grow up in 65-73...Lots of stuff no one would ever believe...Would never fly in Today's World...How many people lived there 70-72ish....Whaler

Larry, Stillrockin has told me through phone conversations that he can't figure out how to get back onto the site. Freakin' old people with less than stellar knowledge about the internet. Stillrockin, just log in again. Maybe after Donald Trump cut you lose he cyber f#*_ked you.

Good one Jimaz. Don't know how you find this stuff. Thanks for stopping by.
    Keep up the Thom Hartmann. Good shit.

WTF, whatever happened to all the Garwoodians? This is pathetic. So sad to have lost contact with all of my old friends. Don't quite understand it. Flaceblook? This was the original source of contact. Not the NSA site. Are you all posting pictures of your favorite hamburgers? Maybe I'm just a jerk, but that's highly unlikely, but several thousand posts ago, there was great conversation and interaction and I miss it.

Ah , the rumblelings of the past.. cometh forward all you young minds with old bodies. Yes, this is one of the best sites still, Yes, flapback has taken a bite out of things. Us, my husband and I have been busy with downsizing, selling our home moving to a new wonderful town , renting for the first time in 42 years, keeping busy with grandchildren, saying sadly goodbyes to our elderly cat and dog, and adjusting to a much less stressed life.
    We have had many many moments in 2011 and 12 that we said ....WTF , this just cannot be happening to our family ,,,, and when is someone going to come in and pay us big bucks for the story rights. So most of my FB postings were about how lovely life is with recipes, sewing tips, and basic stuff just to keep my sanity.
    Life is better, and part of those 2 years we were blessed with a new wonderful grandson, often called the sanity calmer. Actually life is really super right now so thank you for asking.

I do try to check in with this site and other sites, the deaths of Gus and Bob Stone sure did damper the emotions, they were good guys, and I also lost a brother bringing our mortality smack dab in your face. Yikes!

Old Guy I bet you caught more fish this year then anyone. I am glad for you.
    Stone you have great determination and really between you and whaler and old guy this site might have disappeared.

Change, Change is GREAT!
    Last edited by Isle_of_fun; November-09-13 at 04:18 PM.

Good to here from you here Isle. I too have been experiencing numerous changes. Since my rant, I've received a number of e mails. I guess I understand a few more things. I still wish a few more people would post, just for old times. All these years, so many friends, kind of sad to see it all simply dissipate. Oh well. Things begin, things end. It was good while it lasted.

Hope things work out well for you.

P.S, change is great. I'm loving it.

Hey OG + I still do check this site frequently....However, like Still Rockin, I have a hell of a time staying hooked up to the site....it is a fluke that I get connected...and when I do it is only for the one time....then I have to go through the whole registration thing....and that is only a crap shoot....I've sent inquiries but no solution yet...any way my life is pretty much in the "regular" category....since my accident a year ago I just limp along, tip over once in a while and it takes a little longer to get back up....am playing acoustic stuff at a local watering hole and spreading the Garwood/Stonefront saga.....amazing that there are a lot of Detroiters down here, old farts like me, who still Rock......Now that winter is approaching we have a lot of time to plan another Tribal Gathering of sorts.....Just throwing it out there....??????????....Rock on folks and GDGT

Hey Gash...Good to see you here...Wish we were a little closer would love to go to the Wattering Hole!!!!...Whaler

Stonefront Acoustic available for bookings at the "Waterhole".

Attachment 21954

Contact Stillrockin' at BR-549.

Good to hear from you Gash, and good to hear you're doing well, although limping, but I think most of us are. I have an affliction, my friends call me slushfoot [[I tend to list to the right after a certain number of beers.) Despite that, the Packers contacted me and asked me if I'd be interested in joining the team as a 5th string quarterback.

Gash....next time you log in here be sure to click on the little "Remember Me?" box.

Attachment 22019

Observations From A Tree Stump In Whiskey Flats

I seem to be doing a lot of dreaming about getting things done. But my old friend "Homer the Pipeliner" says don't worry about it, because the world is full of people who'll do anything that doesn't have to be done.

Sweet Mother of ...... I guess we're the only ones left, Larry in L.A., Gash, Isle, Whaler. Thanks for stopping by Jimaz, and me. I guess everyone else from the mansion passed away. That's really sad. Oh well, a whole bunch of old dead friends. I guess it happens. Seems odd though. See you on the other side, bushmark. Se la vie.

Bushmark!!!...I really do not know what happened...I sure am glad I printed out all of the old forum pages...In case I cannot access this magic Box one day, I can still read all the posts from everyone!!!...Hope all is good Happy Thanksgiving week...Whaler

Whaler.....get together with John Colier Colier and publish the posts with photos.....New Milford, Illinois Times #1 bestseller for sure.

For example......can anybody explain this?

Attachment 22028

I am planning on seeing John & DetGrrl soon...Whaler

OG....I think Harry "Hi Watt" Boulier put it best when talking about Stonefront and the Garwood when he said it was "lightning in a bottle". Everybody that was there has some kind of memory or another that cannot be relived, so it seems like they won't even try. I think the first reunion was a feeble attempt at trying to relive something that cannot be relived with the same "rush" that we got back then. The result is a disappointment, and rather than coming at the experience from a different angle by continuing to maintain contact with the Garwood family, some chose to totally abandon any efforts at maintaining communication; I guess it was just too hard. Watch and see what happens when Robin gets the documentary finished and starts putting it out there for the world to see. That should be interesting. Now I'm going to go and turn on my television and see what part of the Constitution Obama has chosen to ignore today.

Attachment 22089

That sounds really sad Larry. Hope you're wrong. Me, I'm still living the good life......

Attachment 22096
    Too bad all you guys and gals got so old.

Schlitz and "Skipty" always gave me a headache, but that's why God made aspirin.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; December-04-13 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Schlitz and "Skipty" always gave me a headache, but that's why God made aspirin.
    I'm back now that I know that Zippy got kicked off