Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by kklemmer View Post
    They probably did, but most cities don't keep them for a long time, and real blueprints do not last long. I think the process makes the paper brittle and after 20 years or so they start to crumble. Many times they would be re-traced by hand every 20-30 years [[for important public buildings, railroad stations, etc.)
    i have found a few more drawings of the area... It would have been amazing if all built as planned in the 1920's.
    Actually blueprints can last for a while, don't know how they did them when Gar's home was built, but this is the last blueprint that 'Mr. Grayhaven', Edward Gray did- or my grandfather did for him I should say. My brother still has the original. Grandpa worked for him in Oil City from 1906 to 1909 then came soon after Ford hired him to be his Chief Engineer. Grandpa left in 1919, returned to Pennsylvania then came back and worked for Gar Wood at Gray's invitation.
    I don't know if anyone uploaded some of Gray's plans, plans that obviously never happened.
    Name:  grayhaven dream.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  151.6 KB
    Oh, and the corner of the blueprint as it will be too small to see otherwise. Still working on steam engines, even just before he died in 1939!
    Name:  blueprint title.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  213.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images