Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 405 of 432 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 415 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,125 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

graynoodle.....great to hear from you and good news from Breeze.....say hi back at him,,,,

Attachment 22161

Good to hear from you Graynoodle. If you talk to Breeze, please tell him Bushmark said hello.

I just have to give a shout out to the Garwoodians for quietly passing the 10,000 post and 1,000,000 view plateaus. Amazingly almost at the same time. Some deep bonds got formed at the old mansion!

Lowell Honorary Garwoodian

There you go, old guy........see what you started.

I have to give a shout out to DYes & you Lowell for helping us all get back together after 40 years. Couldn't have done it without a forum like this. Truly remarkable. It's meant so much to so many of us, I don't know how to express it.

You are a true Garwoodian.

Hey Hoover.....if this is for real, I'm sending Bush Mark some good whiskey!

Attachment 22187

Last night I had to make a trip to the store. It was 7 blow zero with a wind chill around 15 below. When I got back home I realized I'd forgotten my house key. I only had several solar lights on my back porch.
    I spent a little over an hour removing the trim around the doorway, then began removing the door jamb with some makeshift tools. I ended up using a pointed cement trowel that I found in my truck tool box in the dark after about 15 minutes of searching.
    I managed to pry the deadbolt back with the trowel. Good times. Not really, thought I was going to die.

Considered opening a bottle of 40 year old Glenlivet single malt. Logic prevailed. Took about 2 hours to warm up.

OG.....I fail to see the logic behind NOT opening a bottle of 40 year old Glenlivet in a situation like that? Am I missing something? Have I been at a Liberal Arts College for too many semesters? I hope not, but one never knows.

Larry, you know me too well. A bottle of scotch, heh. Being, English, Irish, German & Scotch, you open a bottle, you finish a bottle. Not always a good situation. Not always bad, but the odds are usually against you.
    Happy Holidays.
    Last edited by old guy; December-17-13 at 12:32 AM.

OG, boy don't I know it. Point well taken......

Attachment 22234

Waiting for Larry Christmas card

Bah, Humbug!

hey Ya"ll, Happy Holidaze!!!
    www.atdetroit.net/forum/messages/5/161926

Great to hear from you det313. Hope things are going well. Happy Holidays. Where the f#!*k ya been?

It would be great to hear from a bunch of people, if only once, despite controversial matters or whatever, just for the holidays. Can't we rise above that?
    Anyway, hope all of you have a good and safe holiday season. Miss hearing from you all.

Keep the Faith, bro.

Default From lewis [["lee") elbinger in mount shasta, ca

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    It would be great to hear from a bunch of people, if only once, despite controversial matters or whatever, just for the holidays. Can't we rise above that?
    Anyway, hope all of you have a good and safe holiday season. Miss hearing from you all.
    Blessings to the Gar Wood Mansion crew from the sacred mountain Shasta in northern California. Yes, we can rise above everything. Listening to the heart of Nature here at the root chakra of planet Earth, I know that 2014 will bring unimaginable blessings to all of us.

My beloved daughter Spirit lives in Pleasant Ridge, Michigan. She is engaged to a wonderful man [[who is now my son) and pregnant; my first grandchild [[in this lifetime) will be born in June 2014. So 2014 is already a good year and we are not in it yet. I plan to spend the month of June in Pleasant Ridge and, God willing, travel to Turkey, India and Japan before settling back in my mountain home in Mount Shasta.

Lewis "Lee" Elbinger
    on Facebook

Lewis.....great to hear from you with the wonderful news about Spirit....be safe and warm.

Attachment 22297

Merry Christmas!!!!...Wishing You A'll a Healthy & Prosperous New Year!!!!...Whaler

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all.

A very Merry Christmas to all!
    and to all a very enriched, healthy and stable New Year!
    Nice to see these posts!

Hugs

Default Warm moments in time

Warm moments in time
    By Isle of Fun

the touch of a newborn
    that radiant inner smile
    clouds lifted to breathtaking sunshine
    refraction's of color surrounding our space
    heads are lifting, looking up
    glittering eye contact
    warm, warm smiles
    strangers greeting with gladness
    old friends gathering with joy
    music in our minds
    live music in our hearts
    creative visuals by talented artists
    enlightened comments by those we love
    gestures of now and of the past
    natural forests, earthly surroundings
    good intentions carried out
    fresh snow, fresh water
    memories of those we loved
    precious time with those we love
    something made just for you
    a kind act you do for a stranger
    bonfire by the lake
    the overwhelming northern lights
    visual films with lasting impressions
    sailing across warm water or ice
    rowing a boat, swimming, fishing
    any sport that you can do
    a religious belief that you share with many
    feeling strongly connected to the whole world
    knowing that there is still more unknown to me
    enjoying life's spectacular journey
    being extremely grateful for all the people who have shared my life!
    THANK YOU!

Last edited by Isle_of_fun; December-26-13 at 08:17 AM.

Wow......!

Nice!!!!!!...Good One Isle....Whaler

Always loved the marble staircase in the foyer of the Gar Wood.

Attachment 22304