Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 121 of 432 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Gleeman......thanks for the music
    Margie.......so good to meet you
    went to the fri night Steinmetz cul de sac firepit party good times Kendra was there too!

OG......I can vouch for Gleeman on the banjo stuff. We were doing acoustic stuff after Garwood and Markley dropped some real fine banjo work on a few tunes. It went over well on gigs. I don't think anybody knew hippies played banjos. He's the first thing I thought of when I clicked on the u-tube thing.

It should be noted that Glmn plays the 5-string banjo.

OG.....that clip with Steve Martin and Earl Scruggs does, indeed, include Vince Gill. Also, Marty Stewart on mandolin and Albert Lee, the little grey haired guitar pickin' fool.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell View Post
    gleeman, you have crossed the jordan and are leading your flock into the promised forum.

Welcome.
    Attachment 2058

congratulations on post #3000
    Last edited by stnfrnt; August-21-09 at 03:50 PM.

thanks Stn for that clarification..... O.G... I'm thinkin for the campfire acoustic situation w/banjo that you mught need Federal assistance for the 12 paks, plus in my case, an adjustment...I will only require a bottle per night of house Merlot [[like California 14 Hands) or other cheap to moderately priced bottles-but with good labels) be advised that GASH will be doing some real country pickin, Stn on slide, DK , Candy and Mr.Kelly on skins, Hiwatt on guitar,Jeep on skins. Picard on acoustic, and Margie on Djembe... I believe that makes 10 thirsty persons...just a heads up...

Quote Originally Posted by firstlady View Post
    Gleeman......thanks for the music
    Margie.......so good to meet you
    went to the fri night Steinmetz cul de sac firepit party good times Kendra was there too!
    First Lady, ...this summer if there's more firepit parties I'd love to show up with my acoustic...do some songs for Kendra, play with whatever drum people may be there...please consider..would like to see Pete, and party with y'all...

...thanks, Stn, great googlygolly, I've NEVER done ANYTHING 3000 times !

.... well, wait a minute...

Glmn.......don't flatter yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    OG.....that clip with Steve Martin and Earl Scruggs does, indeed, include Vince Gill. Also, Marty Stewart on mandolin and Albert Lee, the little grey haired guitar pickin' fool.
    Ok guys, what am I missing? I watched the Earl Scruggs video on Youtube - I did not see Vince Gill or Marty Stewart.

Will someone please post the link that ya'll are talkin' about? I wanna see, I wanna see.

Frstldy.........I've been hearing about these cul de sac parties for a while, now, and when Gleeman comes out this summer, we could probably slap a few tunes together for Kendra. If there's lots of potato salad and baked beans, Gash will be there. Picard used to like a cold one every now and then, and since he's over 21 now it's Game On! HiWatt will make a real nice addition to the acoustic Stonefront of yesteryear if we can keep him from hanging out on "the boulevard" checking out the low riders all night long. Hey, be careful what you wish for.

Eriedearie you are on the right link, but you should scroll down "Related Videos" to the one saying "Earl Scruggs and Steve Martin--Foggy Mountain Breakdown". It's a Letterman gig those guys did. Don't know who the acoustic guitar player is on Earl's right. Looks like Lyle Lovett.

Eriedearie...its O.G.'s Post#2994...Earl Scruggs and...

..on page 60

You may have to go the the right side of the screen to "related Videos" and scroll down to the "Earl Scruggs / Steve Martin" clip.....It's a David Letterman preformance.....and it will make ya scoot your boots.....and GDGT

Stn.. [[Whaler) getting back to your post about Shaq... blew me away ...the NBA does weird sh*&t...I really don't think that will make a difference...they've already got Ilgauskas, and he's a very big man with a good outside shot. They need more speed to beat L.A... [[I think), not a large pit bull...what I am geeked about is the possibility of Turkoglu coming to Detroit from the Magic...he was very instrumental in the win over Cleveland...

Turk showing up in a Pistons uniform should put a lot of real big smiles on a lot of faces in Detroit.

between Vince Gill on the Magic and Turkoglu playing w Steve Martin I'm a little dizzy...anyway, ... Gash I just can't believe a being can play guitar like that and it looks like there's NO fingers actually MOVING/...what is that? .. If it were me up there my bleeding fingers would be stuck under the strings, calling for a Medic...

hey gash I like that scoot your boots, stuff, Check out this bad day boating,

I just got a very nice card from Ruth thanking me again for the organ pipe...and so at this point I need to clarify this thing...I was just a messenger...I had kept that hunk o' gar wood over the years as a "spirit" of that time that we all had...its sorta like Margie said...there was other Spirits involved...this was not about any one person...its the only way I could even come close to thinking of as to how to make a very giving person happy...the Organ pipe is just a Small token of all our appreciation for what the lady did for us all

larry this one was docked next to ya last week

So now\you see Glee??? Mr OG was driving over to Ruth 's with some beer and spilt some on the road

RR...those pics are in the "So you think you had a bad day" category...

OH YEAH Gleeman.....Vince Gill can make magic with a guitar and the other guys are equally as talented.....one of the sleeper talents is Marty Stuart....an amazing picker on many instruments and many styles...not really known for his playing but can hold his own with anyone....

Leon Russell, Who lives here in Columbia by the way, is playing at the local college next week, might have to try to sneak in and catch his show....He has some legal problems her in town....seems his neighbors have complained that his lack of upkeep on his property reached a "do something or else" point ....I guess his place is really a white trash show place....garbage, junk, broken down cars, really shabby buildings....breaking point was when he built a garage 6ft on neighbors property....not a couple inches....but 6+ ft...and did it with out a permit....city fathers frown on that

I just sent everyone on my E-mail list a msg about a virus that literally kills your computer....it's in an E-mail that says something about Osama Bin Laden being caught and hanged, When you open it, it eats you C- drive.....I got the info from a reliable friend in Mich ....so be ware and watch what you open...later...GDGT

Hi Gleeman,
    Wow! I can't believe that that was an actual Garwood organ pipe. When I saw you give it to her, I assumed it was just a similiar one. Too cool!

rick
    That pipe is the real deal! It's a C# 4ft - probably from the flute rank....And that's probably more information than anyone needs but it means a LOT to me. I just bought a really great shelf for it to sit on - right next to the chair that came from the Garwood.

Now - if there is an occasion to hear Stnfrnt, Gleeman and Gash together again ANYWHERE - may I please come along?