Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 187 of 432 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 197 237 287 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hey Larry be careful what you bring home tonight.

Hoover

Q; What do a Texas tornado and a Tennessee divorce have in common ?
    A: In both cases, some one is going to loose a trailer !

Q: Where can you find a dog with no legs ?
    A: Right where you left him !

Guess you can tell that my life has taken a slight turn towards dull.............Oh well.....Still trying to do good things

Great to hear from you Hoover.....Hope all is good in your world

Good Mornin' Ya'll, It just sunk in that hallow means sanctify. So all Ya'll have a happy sanctifyween. Tee hee. I remember that night at the Garwood. Penny and I will be goin' out stylin' like that again tonight. Peace.

Wasn't this someone's photo of a Halloween Party at the Garwood from the old thread?
    Attachment 3712

But I think these two won scariest costumes that year.
    Attachment 3713
    Last edited by old guy; December-10-09 at 05:34 PM.

Waaay Spooky!
    Attachment 3714
    If you could make it from the bridge, down that long stretch of rut filled driveway on a foggy night, to the gates and into the house.
    Attachment 3715
    Last edited by old guy; December-10-09 at 05:34 PM.

Hey Ruthie Darlin'.........do you still have that electric jacket?....maybe an updated model?...something nuclear perhaps?

Last edited by stnfrnt; November-22-09 at 10:01 PM.

Went back to the Hudsons/Macys Salon I worked at to Trick or Treat...Attachment 3719
    Last edited by Margie; February-22-10 at 07:54 PM.

Great costume! Booo!

Where's the pirate?

Sntfrnt\You are becoming a real wizard on your computer.
    That electric jacket is long gone. But the photo does bring back excellent memories. Fergie in particular, was REALLY high that halloween night - and the flashing lights on my jacket send him into overload.

This has probably been posted before, but here we go again...........
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; December-03-09 at 01:16 AM.

You do notice the order in which the bands names appear? Bob Seger is down near the bottom. The Stooges are number 8. Alice Cooper slips in at 13. All The Lonely People, a mighty fine band, and one I enjoyed more than the Stooges or Alice, is near last billing. Savage Grace, which I propose was one of, if not THE finest band to come out of Detroit during that era, is billed in the lower middle of the pack. We were all high back in those days. Who cared about billings as long as they played. And play they did!

Between UoM and SoCal yesterday, we FOG'ers are a hurtin' bunch. I couldda swore UoM was playing an NFL team they looked so bad. I mean BAD! I kept thinking SoCal would pull out of it and take over. Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the whole game. I got the brutal news this morning. If Rod doesn't get his, his staff's and his teams s*#t together, I'm going to be going to games again. Not to watch - to protest at the gates. ROD MUST GO! Way too much talent to allow that level of play.

Don't want to say anything about USC....humiliating.

Check out the ticket price fo that show.

Total agreement on Savage Grace.

Great photo's of Machine Gun Kelly. Looks like he was having some fun!

Rockinrona.... Thank you for checking out the CD. I would like to join you or Hoover for some of that summer weather. We kind of skipped summer up here.

Gash... Looks like you have taken a hard turn towards dull! Although you did make me laugh!

FYI.....in 1867 there was a Sasquatch sighting recorded in Leadville, CO. Somebody saw one out behind the Leadville Feed, Seed, and Bag Co. building. True story.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; November-03-09 at 12:09 AM. Reason: corroberating scources i.e History Channel

GASH here is a joke for ya
    grandma was telling her grand daughter how grand dad passed on, She said every sunday when the church bells sounded they had sex, Easy does it DING He puts it in and Dong he takes it out. Well grand dad might have been here today if the darn ICE CREAM truck didn't drive by right after the church bells sounded. LOL RR

Anybody here remember the Posion Apple on East Jefferson? Earlier this year I had posted a picture of the building it was in. I saw Kris Kristofferson there. He was relatively unknown at the time.

big foot is behind PIKES PEAK, wow Candy and Penny better send home boy out there for a quick check for some giant snow prints Whats has he been doing all those long loney winters??
    Capone come the middle of winter, you might want to take a flight over here to Maui!! Dallas was here last 2002 !!Your all invited one group at a time the only one who has showed interest is Larry so far?? I got a tent and all the special water falls lined up, Oh and Bikers like Gary Markley can have a field day??? Ruth been here.I'll bet OG wants to go to the nude Beach.Opps 1KD would be over the top there too. Isle we will would take out some blow up rafts and float up the current and then run back down the beach to get more sun screen. ya baby that 's what I'm talking about. LOL RR

Jordan Girls, there's a woman working at Kroger across the lake that I see fairly often. Her name is Oneida and she worked for Jim Staco at the Jamestown Inn in Wyandotte. I knew her as a bartender at Captain Ahab's in Wyandotte where I'd hung out and worked a side job. Tonight she revealed she worked for Jim Staco [[spelling? pronounced - Stay-so). As long as I've known her I didn't remember her from The Jamestown. I know Breeze and Linda were friends with Staco and I saw you guys at The Jamestown a few times. I think other Gar Woodians hung out there also. And Staco was at the Gar Wood a few times. Any one care to own up? Does anyone remember The Jamestown? Oneida? She said she lost contact with Staco many years ago.

Rona baby.........keep everything in "cast off" mode, darlin'; you just never know. Whaddya' think, Hoover? Should we do it? Just walk out the door and go have dinner with our "Sweet Maui Momma"? We'd be back in time for the next reunion........maybe.

Mornin F.O.G.
    Love you guys...Talked to Hoover last night, great to talk with you Mark.
    Miss you Foggers, We will get the chance to really reconnect in June.
    Just layin around the park, relaxing enjoying each other. XOX
    Attachment 3727
    Last edited by Margie; February-22-10 at 07:54 PM.

Back in the late 60's, when I was living up in the mountains near the Nederlands, I almost made it to Hawaii. Some of the people from the STP family would devote their time in the fall to panhandling to raise funds specifically for airfare to Hawaii. They'd raise just enough for a one way ticket. Usually after a few months, the police in Hawaii would get so sick of them, they'd buy them a one way ticket and put them on a plane to the mainland. With their winter hiatus coming to a close, they'd go back to work in L.A. or Tucson, panhandling till the weather turned nice again, then head back to the mountains. I thought about trying it that one year, but just wasn't that motivated. Seemed like a lot of work. I did however utilize bits and pieces of their theories of how to earn money by being obnoxious.
    Attachment 3730
    Last edited by old guy; November-17-09 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Anybody here remember the Posion Apple on East Jefferson? Earlier this year I had posted a picture of the building it was in. I saw Kris Kristofferson there. He was relatively unknown at the time.
    I performed there with the band "Coloradus" many times. The band was a spin off of "Stonefront". Its members included Rick and Joe Stockwell, and me. All of us former Stonefront musicians.

Rockinrona... If the airplay for my CD keeps up the way it's going I'll see you this winter!

Drmr21.......you guys need a broken down old roadie?