Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 197 of 432 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Rona

Happy Bearlated Birthday

Holy Scamoli!!.......what's happening Little Miss Isle_of _fun?

Well........after 4string, Keith Urban's bass player is my choice. Just something about what he does and how he does it.

Hey Gash.......was I mistaken, or does Reba look better than..............well..my gosh?!

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    1kd.......is there a statute of limitations in Mexico?
    Stone, I think the only statute of limitations in TJ, is your life.

eeeeeoooooowwww!

Had a great time hanging with Jeep this weekend. His wife is really nice too. She has a great laugh. I swear he knows people all over the world in the music business. Great stories. One I really liked was when he was going to go on the road, playing with the Platters. They were rehearsing at their house and it was determined that the house was too small because of all the equipment his band had. After a call to the neighbor across the street, he was told they were going to move over there for rehearsal space because it was several weeks until they were going on the road and the house across the street was larger. So, he said they hauled all their stuff across the street and set up for rehearsal there. It was at that point he found out it was Ray Charles house.
    I hope I got that story right. [[Jeep, whose house were you originally rehearsing at?) I swear though, everywhere we went he knew people that knew people that he's worked with or were old friends of his family.

Sarah Palin at Fort Hood in her promotional bingo bus. I don't care who you are or what your political beliefs are, that's just plain tacky.

Hey, I've never seen a picture of Gar Wood at the house. These are from the WSU collection. There's a link to the page so you can see large versions of them.
    Attachment 4024
    Mrs. Gar Wood in the back/front yard.
    Attachment 4025
    http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/i/imag...il;bbdbid=1084
    Last edited by old guy; January-03-11 at 09:22 PM.

Dgrl gets the nod for "Best Supporting Actress" in Isle's really cool, down to earth mini documentary "Gar Wood Picnic".

Great stuff, Isle....and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Isle I love BEAR storys, and OG the pic of the MRS show the 7 sisters stacks in the back ground that really hit home.
    I went into a Gutar Center in Petaluma this summer unreal the collection of music stuff I was in there for two hrs.
    I'm on my second turkey like to cook them at night[[all night by the time they rest and get carved up and of course put away and dishes done) and all the stuffing that drops out ate.
    Wow Jeep and the Mrs in the Dells great cover story
    Well who is going to the thanksgiving day parade, we use to take a ladder and sit all the way up to see over the folks.???

The Gar Wood original "American Delta" tied up in Lake Tahoe. Just one ride.....that's all; like from Tahoe to #1 Keelson Drive......need a driver.. and you know what they always say..."Hey, let's have BushMark drive". Yup. They always say that. Really.

Last edited by stnfrnt; January-09-10 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Had a great time hanging with Jeep this weekend. His wife is really nice too. She has a great laugh. I swear he knows people all over the world in the music business. Great stories. One I really liked was when he was going to go on the road, playing with the Platters. They were rehearsing at their house and it was determined that the house was too small because of all the equipment his band had. After a call to the neighbor across the street, he was told they were going to move over there for rehearsal space because it was several weeks until they were going on the road and the house across the street was larger. So, he said they hauled all their stuff across the street and set up for rehearsal there. It was at that point he found out it was Ray Charles house.
    I hope I got that story right. [[Jeep, whose house were you originally rehearsing at?) I swear though, everywhere we went he knew people that knew people that he's worked with or were old friends of his family.
    Great story OG. Thanks. I knew Jeep was the man and I was in trouble when, at our FOG reunion, Christy kept saying, who's that drummer, he's fabulous. I had to keep her away from him. Kidding aside, he was rolling. His energy and presence were a highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Hey, I've never seen a picture of Gar Wood at the house. These are from the WSU collection. There's a link to the page so you can see large versions of them.
    Attachment 4024
    Mrs. Gar Wood in the back/front yard.
    Attachment 4025
    http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/i/imag...il;bbdbid=1084
    Wow OG, those are great. Thanks for the link. A blessing for us FOG'ers.

I forgot about another story Jeep told me. Next time you see him, have him tell you about the time he was in an elevator and it got stuck. He was stuck in the elevator with Buddy Hackett. I can't even imagine that.

One time Jeep found himself waaaay out of character, and he had to beat the shit out of Gene Simmons.

Jeep...I gotta hear that story about Buddy Hackett....Toooo Much...Happy Thanksgiving to All...Blessings for everyone!!!!!!...Happy B-Day Rona...Peace ..Whaler

Happy Gobble Gobble to all....I hope your bird gets stuffed and your taters are mashed with gooey stuff all over them, and you finish the day with a big smile and your pants undone a bit.....

Nifty GarWood stuff.....this past weekend on "PBS" there was a documentary about the wooden boat festival on Lake Tahoe and you should have seen all the GW boats and a few stories about the man....Really interesting.....It will probably make the rounds so check your local listing, it was worth the time to sit and watch.....Not just GW boats though....lots of unique and beautiful boats and really weird people............GDGT

Really wierd people??

Attachment 4051

a unique and beautiful boat w/some really wierd people

Hey stnfrnt thats what I call a sailing quilting stitch "Never ending"

Old Guy great connection to the WSU photo's thank you

I always wondered what happened to GW's LakeWood Fl Home or was it lakeside.
    As well as his other 3 homes that he built? Got any Leads on that?

Glad Jeep and his wife had a great time.

Is that him sitting next to Larry playing Guitar in the video? I know there are other people that I should post this to, any one want to tell me who I missed listing.

I see I have some catching up to do. I'll get to it tomorrow. Let me say here that our time with OG was great! Kathie and I loved every second in that town. I should say OG's town. He knows everyone there and they just love him, I'm sure that's no surprise to anyone.
    Peace

Isle......how do we get that info? Mail me a list of those you sent the clip to, and I'll check it against my Gar Wood contacts. Dave Picard is the guitar player sitting next to me.

BTW......that is a great clip!!

1kd.....was there any rum in that diet coke?

Gash sent me that WSU link some months back with those pictures and a few more. The only thing was...somehow he got the staircase shot reversed [[I think), and I went nuts trying to figure out where Gar Wood, et al. were sitting. Front of the house?..... right or left stairway to the front door?....or was it in the back going to the boathouse?....or out to the lawn?.....maybe it was Ralph's house...I'm still not sure where they're sitting. Any guesses?

Larry, those are the front steps. I checked one of Colliers photos and the brick, steps, post and drain pipe next to them all match up. I can only assume that they had 3 people on the front steps collecting money from people at their parties as is demonstrated in that photo. Obviously, that's why he had more money than us. Why didn't we think of that?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You too can verify the photo by going to the now famous John Collier's site.

http://www.collierpics.blogspot.com/...36c1b497e6b138

We had a guy at the door collecting donations one night at a big party, but he was overwhelmed and overun, because there were hundreds of people there, but we omly ended up with about $40. He could have used some help, I guess. Never thought of that.

Have a great T-day, everyone...hoping all peoples can rejoice and celebrate another year on the planet, with
    all it has given us...Attachment 4058
    Last edited by Gleeman; March-26-10 at 01:56 PM.