Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 411 of 432 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 421 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Attachment 23421

Many moons ago........

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Thanks for that. It only showed 8 for me right after I installed it. That's pretty interesting info.
    We are defenseless.

Raum.......turn that sucker up to 13 and let it crank. Always liked that song....a lot.

Hi Old Guy
    I'm still at U of I. I have signed on for another 2 years to see a few new projects through. Then it's retirement and off to Ann Arbor.

Come out to California. Get a job at USC so you can get me some Trojan football tickets. You can ride Joe all over the Palos Verdes penninsula. He'll love you forever and ever........and ever.

Attachment 23485

Opening day in Redondo Beach...

Attachment 23519

Opening Day Nordern Wisconsin 2014. Cold.Attachment 23523

Nice one Old Guy!!!!.....Man might have to pick up the pole again...Been a couple years!!!...Planting the Garden today...Think Spring has finally settled in!!!...Hope everyone is doing well!!!...Whaler

old guy.........if you need another car to make those fishing trips hassle free, check these guys out.......they'll cut a deal for you because of your law experience.....they offered me a ford crown vic for $30........said I was almost overqualified for the discount.

Attachment 23542

Nice little pike you have there.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-21-14 at 12:51 PM.

Thought Ya'All might enjoy this one!!!...Whaler
    http://youtu.be/6nr-ctaCXzE

Shades of the Gar Wood Mansion ballroom jams.

.....heading for a National Run throwdown at the Gar Wood mansion.....

Attachment 23611

I held up Michigan's end for many a year!!!!...Whaler

I'm sure you and your buddies put in a Herculean effort......back in the day, if me and Bush Mark would have been involved with you guys........well, you do the math......

Yes Stone I hear Ya!!!....Kind of a Wine and Cheese Guy these days...And the Closet!!!...Whaler

I'm shocked. seriously shocked. Had I known there were more liquor stores and bars in Wisconsin I never would have moved here.
    My father was from Cadillac, ran a hotel, bar & restaurant. He was a heavy drinker and gambler. He actually lost our home and tavern in a poker game, as the family story explains. I think he actually had a large gambling debt and eventually lost everything.
    He went out for a pack of smokes or a loaf of bread or something when I was about 4 or 5 days old and never came back. I always thought of myself as a reconciliation baby that didn't take. Hey, I got by selling night crawlers and pot holders. It wasn't so bad. Moved from Illinois back to Michigan.
    I'm only telling you all of this because I want you to feel sorry for me. Maybe even Papasito will take pity on me. One never knows.

I enjoy the intake of beer, etc. much more in Wisconsin than I did in Illinois. It seems to be a much different experience. People seem to accept it as more of a social experience rather than, I don't know what, just getting drunk and acting stupid.

By the way Larry, the Sausage Shop is my favorite breakfast stop in Rockford. Saturday mornings in the basement can't be beat. Only about 15 blocks from the Capone's place. Took them out for lunch up here a few years ago. Nice people. Be nice to hear from Jeep. Whaler, I'm more of a wine and cheese guy these days too, but only after a bit of beer. A martini is always a good opener too.

Oh I can have a few Beers Too ....Just can't drink a case like I use too Old Guy!!!...Martini ehhhh.......Keep the Stories coming!!!!...Whaler

Attachment 23631

I applied for a pilot's license some years back......missed a few questions on the written exam.....almost made it, but they said I cheated------copied answers from other guys who passed.

Happy Birthday Stone!!!!!...Keep Rockin Bro!!!!....Whaler

old guy.......here's one for ya'.

Attachment 23730

This thread in a bio-rhythmic lull?

Greetings Gar Woodians:

I am visiting Michigan and attended a reunion of students from Oakland University who traveled to Hong Kong in 1967. I am reconnecting with those from my past who want/need to be in my future. That includes Gar Wood days.

My daughter Spirit lives in Pleasant Ridge and I am enjoying my visit with her. My Aunt Ruth lives in a retirement home in Southfield and I stay with her to help her out. My home in Mount Shasta, California, is my base in North America.

I did not know threads have bio-rhythmic lulls, but that is possible.

Shalom = Salaam = Shanti,
    Lewis [[Lee) Elbinger