Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 335 of 432 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 345 385 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

estwnpnk....50 yrs. ago??

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    estwnpnk....50 yrs. ago??
    41, I think.

Had the good fortune to speak to Lewis this week. Another mini-reunion even though we didn't know each other in the day. We do surprisingly share a curious link - his cousin is a prof at Wayne State with whom I hope to work in the near future in my field of African American history.
    quite a wonderful small world experience.

Lewis, did Oakland U ever give you your degree?

Hey Ruth.....I hope your intellectual capacity doesn't overide and "stuff" the electric jacket part of your existential journey. That could create some issues for you.........and me.

Quote Originally Posted by EastownPunk View Post
    Is this the same Lee Elbinger that gave a talk on Y. B. Yeats' at Oakland University in 1969?
    The amazing things posters to this link come up with!

I guess most of you weren`t up on current events in 1969...[[hint) - " My Boy Lollypop"...
    As I said long ago "I admit nothing ."
    Lee...nice rework of your poem...You,Larry and Blind Ricky should work on the F.O.G. anthem.
    Last edited by highhat; September-24-10 at 11:40 PM. Reason: additional thought .

Quote Originally Posted by EastownPunk View Post
    Lewis, did Oakland U ever give you your degree?
    Yep. They debated about it for a while, but finally granted the degree.

highhat.......Blind Ricky, a.k.a. Rickbeall, has the Gar Wood Anthem already penned......plus Hoover Was A Mover. Check your email for mp3 attachments of the tunes.

My bad,.... you are correct as usual....Thanx.

my "intellectual capacity" That's a laugh .I'm barely keeping my head above water - most days I'm just up to my ass in alligators. .but the dreams are still alive on all fronts.

Saw Leon Russel here again. Unfortunately it was a carbon copy show of last years. An exact duplicate, kinda creepy. Ive heard that the Stones would do that also on occasion. Ho Hum. Leon even had the same shirt on with the JCPenny tag under the sleeve Cheech and Chong next month.
    Last edited by Candy man; September-26-10 at 12:29 PM.

Went back down to the harbor today.

Attachment 7507
    It's still pretty nice down there

Hey Candy......keep on rockin' in the free world, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Candy man View Post
    Saw Leon Russel here again. Unfortunately it was a carbon copy show of last years. An exact duplicate, kinda creepy. Ive heard that the Stones would do that also on occasion. Ho Hum. Leon even had the same shirt on with the JCPenny tag under the sleeve Cheech and Chong next month.
    I saw Leon on many occasions at local clubs in the Detroit area - Sully's, The Soup Kitchen Saloon, etc. His shows often were duplicates of previous shows. I stopped going to see him. My not going to his shows probably didn't stop him from duplicating them, but it stopped the duplication of tickets I bought. Haven't seen him for years now. Thanks for the heads-up, Candy.

Stone, ya'll oughtter be careful who you're cusing of 'in-tell-lect-chew-all cup-ass-titty'. Ruth may still possess some, and I ain't sure 'bout no one else round here, but I ain't got none left. Whatcher languidge.

1kd...You got it, bro. It's just that my dinky little 2nd semester at Long Beach City College makes me realize just how awsome it is to undertake what Ruth is doing. I mean, going for and getting a Doctorate Degree involves a little more than true/false or multiple choice. Lewis would probably back me up on that.

Saw "Further" Friday. Now, that was a show worth the ticket. Phil Lesh,
    Bob Weir [[ sure Jerry was there also) and Dark Star sounded more like the "Grateful Dead" than the original band.

it's 110 degrees out here. i don't feel good.

Default From intellect to intuition

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    ... I mean, going for and getting a Doctorate Degree involves a little more than true/false or multiple choice. Lewis would probably back me up on that.
    Of course, the discipline of jumping through the hoops to earn a Doctoral Degree qualifies you to join the decision-makers who reinforce the 3-dimensional reality that imprisons us. Intellect is a step up from instinct and allows humanity to dominate and exploit nature. But humanity as a group is now evolving from intellect to intuition whereby we know things because they are encoded in our bones and our cells. The soft drugs helped us access that wisdom but we all must learn to access our innate wisdom ourselves using will, breath, yoga, silence, music, dance, and any other means of tapping into the unconditional love which is our very nature and being.

Default Hot enough for you

Hay STonedfrt.....
    You folks out there sure are warming up the world.
    Would you believe al gore now?

I Think it's a result of all that sinning you folks out there on the left coast participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    The amazing things posters to this link come up with!
    1 K yes that's for sure
    Lewis Aloha the power of now?EH
    Bob God does love rock in rollin
    Stone 113' now thats time to trip over to Catalina and hear Trever Jones Play
    Whaler get the calf in gear the golf course is waiting
    Hi Kendra hope your liking the hot weather down south
    Candy and Penny you guy see all the good shows good work mates
    Ruth you really know how to fix things, loved the organ pics
    Gus and Bush Mark/ what's up homeys?
    Hover is Rick Beale writing more songs for ya?

Hey Rona Baby.....you're the new "Motorcycle Mama--Island Style".

Where in the hell is Margie?

Howdy folks, I've taken sort of a digital detour over the last few months. Sort of a high tech hiatus. Trying to spend a little less time on the computer and more time outdoors. Feels good. We've had a really busy summer around here.
    It was good to hear from Lee/Lewis. Didn't you live in the room on the way down to the basement with the fireplace? And weren't you responsible for organizing the conference at the house that William Kunstler attended?

I just got back from spending a week on the Upper Mississippi on a houseboat. Made it almost all the way up to the St. Croix but didn't see Bentspur hanging around anywhere. Hope everyone's staying healthy. BushMark.
    Attachment 7529

Attachment 7530

Attachment 7531

Attachment 7532

Already two weeks at home. Sick. I'm down with Lumbago. My first old-age related illness, and I'm only 41....

B-man......you're a man after my own heart. I especially like the access ramp.......nothin' but class.

Whaler.....what's lumbago? It's not a cheese, is it?