Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Let me ask...

What do these cities have in common?? Baghdad, Iraq / Caracas, Venezuela / Detroit / New Orleans / Juarez, Mexico / Karachi, Pakistan / Cape Town, South Africa / Moscow, Russia / Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo / Beirut, Lebanon

Click here for answer

I find it a complete embarrassment that both Detroit and NO are on this list.
    Last edited by izzyindetroit; April-15-10 at 10:50 PM.

It might be an "embarrassment" however it is no surprise. You would have to be brain dead not to know that Detroit is among the most dangerous places in the world.

http://www.travellinginsurance.org/m...s-in-the-world

Most dangerous in the world is absurd. Detroit doesn't even come close to having the types of problems these other cities have.

How come Chechnya isn't on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    ... or Kandahar??

And Detroit isn't even the most dangerous city in the U.S. The list is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    Perhaps because this is a list of the most dangerous cities in the world, and Chechnya is not a city, but a country? Just a thought...

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AlexStana View Post
    Perhaps because this is a list of the most dangerous cities in the world, and Chechnya is not a city, but a country? Just a thought...
    So? Michigan is a state, so what?

Its all about what you are into and your lifestyle. Random crime does happen, but don't fool yourself, crime is not as random as you might think.

For example, you can always read about someone just walking down the street and got shot. Seemingly a random crime.

More than likely however the guy owed the shooter something, drugs, money,etc the shooter catches up with him on the street, and the victim going by the code of the street better not tell the police who shot him. So he says I was just walking down the street and I felt this pain in my leg and saw this blood.

So people reading this would think the streets are so dangerous you can't even walk down the street.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    So? Michigan is a state, so what?
    You completely miss the point here. The list detailed the most dangerous cities, not states or countries.

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    You completely miss the point here. The list detailed the most dangerous cities, not states or countries.
    He is trolling.

Suppose I made a list of the tallest mountains in the world and I included Mt. Whitney.

On the one hand, Mt Whitney is a pretty tall mountain; highest in the continental US. On the other hand, it is only half as tall as Mount Everest, and there are many, many mountains taller than it is.

I think it would be legitimate for people to say that I had made an error including Mt Whitney, and that to include it was misleading.

nope, your all wrong, they showed bullet proof glass in one of the pictures. It MUST be true

Ummmm why isnt Kingston Jamaica on that list?

Why isn't Rio on the list? It's also far more dangerous than Detroit.

Default The world's most dangerous cities?

Yep, Detroit is on the list [[other cities oddly are not)... well um-eh, so where do we go from here?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americ...rld/index.html

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...#ixzz0lMzGFThh

Here's the list, which was presented by CNN in no particular order:

Caracas, Venezuela
    Detroit
    New Orleans
    Juarez, Mexico
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Moscow, Russia
    Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo

DC48080 Guest

Don't get all worked up about this one folks. Afterall, this list was compiled by CNN. It's not like it was from a credible news source or anything. Don't give credence to anything that comes out of CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    Don't get all worked up about this one folks. Afterall, this list was compiled by CNN. It's not like it was from a credible news source or anything. Don't give credence to anything that comes out of CNN.

You are so right. Fox News would have made it a top ten and put Detroit as NO.1

What makes you think that?

Clearly, no one from CNN has been to Mogadishu.

Yeah I am sure any city in Iraq and Afghanastan are so much safer with all their random bombings.

bartock Guest

I was reading some of the comments on the CNN site, and they were ripped for comparing Detroit to Baghdad and some of the other cities. Two comments that I thought were very fitting - one was that the list is an insult to our troops overseas, the other was that this is just a continuation of Detroit being in the spotlight for the past year and a very convenient target. I find it interesting that none of these stories ever seems to put their data in the context of the region and not the core city. It would make places like Detroit "safer" and places like Paris more dangerous. I'd also like to see "random" violent crimes as a category. Even as a core city, while from what I understand it was relatively more commonplace in the 70s and 80s, the Detroit I lived in as an adult in the 1990s and still work in has not had much [[relatively speaking again) RANDOM violent crime.

How is Rio not on that list?

Putting Juarez in the same category as either Detroit or New Orleans seems quite unfair, given the level of violence there in the past two years.

I think our troops might have a difference of opinion...just saying.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast