Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by xphillipjrx View Post
    There is a fly over at The Big House every year for the first game and then the pilots land and come to the game. And if you want to see the best mix of planes and buildings then come to the Chicago Air Show every August. Practice Thur-Fri, show Sat-Sun and free!
    That's their slogan, right? "The Chicago Air Show: The best mix of planes and buildings since 1968."

Sorry, just that ever since 9/11, the idea of a "mix of planes and buildings" just has a different ring to it, I guess.

They flew over the Cass Corridor again today right before the first pitch of opening day! What a loud noise, but way worth the sighting!

They flew over my office in an unsustainable suburb to the north, which is pretty far from the action. Seems like I remember the same thing last year too, not sure why their flight path would run by here.

Took this at the game today, my husband said they flew over our house shortly after in Farmington. Great day at the park, love baseball season! Almost time for a swim, is it too cold?

Your tax dollar at work. I am surprised that they brought F-15's up from Florida when we had F-16's at Selfridge. I thought all politics was local,
    But either plane makes for a stirring event after the playing of the National Anthem.

Anyone know why there were only three planes for the Comerica Park flyover? Everything I read was for a formation of four F-15s.

Quote Originally Posted by docmo View Post
    Anyone know why there were only three planes for the Comerica Park flyover? Everything I read was for a formation of four F-15s.
    The economy?

Quote Originally Posted by docmo View Post
    It's called the Missing Man Formation; the lead plane of the four, pulls up into a climb as they're passing over, leaving a gap in the V formation to honor the fallen.

^^^ Or the Foul Ball formation, which would befit the error of that place replacing a real ballpark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2