My weekend did not go as planned. So on Sunday, we just checked out on all responsibility. Took the dog and went up to Mariners Park at the foot of Alter. We even bought McDonald's which is something we haven't done in years. We met so many nice [[and a few not so nice) people. It was a beautiful day and very relaxing to watch people fish and view our river. One lady even sang us a beautiful hymn that she called 36 Jesus.

I see so many negative comments about my city, Detroit. I just wish people would lose their fear and come enjoy the very rich flavor that this community still has.

On an honest note, not all there, were cool. The druggies and drunks sat at one end trying to act tough. One ass hole had his dog chained to the fence and kept warning from afar, telling people to stay away from his "vicious" dog. The poor dog got all tangled up in his chain and a sweet old lady with a fuzzy dog the size of a donut went over and untangled him.

All in all though, it was a delightful day. Met new friends and walked away with some sweet memories.