Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Looking at this again and after more consideration, I'm going to retract one of my earlier suggestions and propose a new additional one, especially as far as the top picture. I earlier mentioned Oxford and Renaud in Grosse Pointe Shores; thinking again I believe the blocks I had in mind actually had slight curves in them and therefore would be ruled out.

On the other hand, if you consider the streets running parallel to Cadieux, and going south of Cadieux, and then consider the blocks of those streets within one to two blocks on the Grosse Pointe side of Mack, I think there would be a number of blocks that may have looked like that back in the days of stately elms. I don't remember ANY still being that canopied by the early 80's when I started going through those neighborhoods, but certainly the streets Harvard, Grayton, Bishop, and again continuing through the Whittier-and-south blocks, if you assume the photo was shot from perhaps the intersection with Vernor and facing towards Mack. [[Or maybe at the corner of Kercheval facing towards Mack or even at the corner of Charlevoix or Goethe facing towards Jefferson).
    Last edited by EMG; April-04-10 at 09:27 AM.