Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Reuben?

Anyone know anything about Bode's Corned Beef House in Plymouth?

http://www.bodehouse.com/

Every time I am out in that direction it seems they are closed.

Gannon - No need to apologize, it sounds like there was an important matter at hand. I was looking forward to dropping by, however. That won't stray me away from trying another time, though.

John, dropped in this morning with a couple of buddies to try out your sandwiches. We were the group that started ordering at the register before realizing you had a waitress & tables... duh. Well the #16 was an extraordinary tour de force of corned beef. Very savory & the CB was amazingly high quality. Great soup too! Also was glad to see the lunch crowd flooding the place. Bravo all around! I'll be back!

Default Here's a place you probably haven't tried yet...

...Weekday Cafe in Eastpointe.

A friend recommended it to me several months back.

Great Reubens and they serve them with this weird side called "Candy-Slaw".

The service isn't too bad either...

Heya, Gs...you caught me off guard saying my name on the goodbye, heh!

Glad you had a good time, we were actually understaffed today...our on-call waitperson was sequestered by DTE until they could assess whether she was worthy to get gas and electric at a new apartment.

I was overwhelmed, as usual.

Cheers, and thanks Nocturnal...look forward to meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    ...Weekday Cafe in Eastpointe.

A friend recommended it to me several months back.

Great Reubens and they serve them with this weird side called "Candy-Slaw".

The service isn't too bad either...
    Since we've moved outside city limits I nominate Onion Roll Deli , on Woodward in Royal Oak. Best I've ever had ANYWHERE, and that includes New York.

Noah's in Dearborn closed last month. But the original owner is going to reopen it in early May. Good Luck Phylis and family.

The Vivios Reuben and a Bloody Mary or two after a morning roaming the Market is my idea of the start to a great Saturday. Top it off with a late afternoon Tigers game and a quick trip to Greektown post game.

Man, I can taste that Reuben and those pickles right now.

Stosh Guest

I've always felt that Lou's Deli on 9 and Greenfield has a great Reuben sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I've always felt that Lou's Deli on 9 and Greenfield has a great Reuben sandwich.
    Can't agree with you on Lou's Deli, If you go across the street to the Bread Basket you'll be glad you did.

The original Lou's on mcnichols near Marygrove....

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    The original Lou's on mcnichols near Marygrove....
    I would have posted about them as well, but I've never been in that location.

And I've tried the Bread Basket's Reuben as well, I wasn't that impressed with their offering. I guess it's just a matter of taste.

The best deli in metro Detroit, hands down, is Star Deli, on the corner of 12 Mile and Telegraph. Carry-out only, but the best Reuben [[and tuna fish) in Detroit. In my humble opinion, it epitomizes what a deli should be.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Since we've moved outside city limits I nominate Onion Roll Deli , on Woodward in Royal Oak. Best I've ever had ANYWHERE, and that includes New York.
    softailrider-> Beat me to the punch. I just had another corned beef Super Special at the OR last Thursday. I've had it both with Slaw and with Sauerkraut. Tastes EXCELLENT either way.

the Bread Basket

Default Izzys

When did it close? They had great food.

Lou's Deli- good for the belly.

They do make an amazing reuben there but granted I haven't tried some of the others yet.

Midtown on the corner of Canfield and John R makes a damn fine reuben.

The best hands down is the Bronx Bar, theirs is the best tasting I have ever had! Either the reuben or the corned beef come along, are the greatest sandwiches. And Char must make them!

Quote Originally Posted by eastdetroit48224 View Post
    The best hands down is the Bronx Bar, theirs is the best tasting I have ever had! Either the reuben or the corned beef come along, are the greatest sandwiches. And Char must make them!
    I'll agree Bronx Burgers has great reubens. Makes me think of O'Hara's. But don't go there unless you're really hungry, prepared to share or to take some home. HUGE sandwiches. Okay, now I'm hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine1958 View Post
    I'll agree Bronx Burgers has great reubens. Makes me think of O'Hara's. But don't go there unless you're really hungry, prepared to share or to take some home. HUGE sandwiches. Okay, now I'm hungry.
    Are the Bronx Bar and Bronx Burger the same thing, and where are they located? I ask because there's a Bronx Burger in Warren on Mound near 11 or 12 mile and I wondered if that's what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Are the Bronx Bar and Bronx Burger the same thing, and where are they located? I ask because there's a Bronx Burger in Warren on Mound near 11 or 12 mile and I wondered if that's what you are talking about.
    I was thinking of Bronx Burgers in Warren. Not sure if they are the same. What say you, EastDetroit48224?

Eph's is good but Foran's is the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2