Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Best Reuben?

Hybrid View

Default Best Reuben?

McVees in Southfield!

Foran's is one of my all time favorites. Noah's in Dearborn is a real good one too

Eph you all..... :-)

Go to Eph's! My favorite sandwich place, even though I don't get there enough. Although, I have been remiss in not trying the Reuben at Foran's [[Technically now Foran's Grand Trunk Pub). I should go do that this week.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalvision View Post
    Eph you all..... :-)

Go to Eph's! My favorite sandwich place, even though I don't get there enough. Although, I have been remiss in not trying the Reuben at Foran's [[Technically now Foran's Grand Trunk Pub). I should go do that this week.
    I tried going to Eph's on a couple different occasions when was in downtown a week ago, however, they were never open...this despite arriving during "business" hours? What gives?

I loved Eph's in downtown. I had the best turkey sandwich ever. Also, the two young ladies working there were cute.

No arguments that Eph's makes some damn good food but you can't get a proper Reuben.

DV: Thanks for the correction. I will get the hang of it sooner or later.

Nocturnal,

Precisely when did you stop by Eph's this past week?!

We are open from eleven in the morning during the week, twelve on the weekends...to eight Sunday through Wednesday, then eleven Thursday through Saturday.

We are flirting with super-late hours those three nights, but haven't come to any conclusions. Enough draw and I'll stay late...or early. Whatever.

Try us again, and don't tell me you're the fellow who called the other night and dropped in at eight-thirty after calling earlier. I put up a sign on the locked door saying I would be five minutes. Those three guys didn't wait a moment, because I ran from the back room the instant I saw them walking towards the door. I had seen them park in front another moment earlier, but was busy washing dishes and cleaning everything up for the next day.

Before this week, I cannot say, because the owner has been closing until recently. He'll be happy to learn the truth of what you very publicly report here.

That said, our famous Mable Clark...number sixteen for regulars...is not technically a Reuben. We use our fresh-cut three-to-four-times-made-weekly cole slaw instead of Sour Kraut, with Onion Rolls baked that morning, some Russian dressing, and great Swiss cheese.

NOW we're bordering on advertising...heh. But, gotta keep the record straight.

Now I've got to have one before I leave. Dammit.

Cheers, and DO try us again. We're worth it.

Sincerely,
    John

Gannon - My initial attempt was Thursday, April 9th at around 5:30-6PM. I checked the posted hours to be sure, but to no avail. The second attempt was on Saturday, April 11th, but it may have been a bit before 12 PM. I know that I'll make it back for sure some day, because I have yet to try it. Thanks for the info.

Zef's is a safe bet on any sandwich... plus they're great people. They're stuck in our Trolley Market at the moment but that's soon to change... also their "Zef's Favorite" [[turkey, swiss, cole slaw) is unbelievable!

btw where is ephs?

Nickstone, it's at Congress and Woodward Avenue on the east side of the street. Look for the pickle sign.

Default Izzys

When did it close? They had great food.

Lou's Deli- good for the belly.

They do make an amazing reuben there but granted I haven't tried some of the others yet.

Midtown on the corner of Canfield and John R makes a damn fine reuben.

The best hands down is the Bronx Bar, theirs is the best tasting I have ever had! Either the reuben or the corned beef come along, are the greatest sandwiches. And Char must make them!

Quote Originally Posted by eastdetroit48224 View Post
    The best hands down is the Bronx Bar, theirs is the best tasting I have ever had! Either the reuben or the corned beef come along, are the greatest sandwiches. And Char must make them!
    I'll agree Bronx Burgers has great reubens. Makes me think of O'Hara's. But don't go there unless you're really hungry, prepared to share or to take some home. HUGE sandwiches. Okay, now I'm hungry.