Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looking at the history of health care and corporations...one day a rail road got smart and realized that healthy employees do not miss work as much as sick ones...now the government is saying healthy citizens will eventually decrease health care costs if we can flush out th edetails through admendments and real cooperation...but we have to get past the lobbiest, corporate greed and government ineffeciency....

and stash while I agree...many her ewould not want any government in their lives until they need government in their lives....and if people were driving without car insurance ...think of those they hit.... generally speaking laws and bills are placed on citizens and corporations after something like common sense [[seat belts and helmets) are not practiced by people....and who burdens the cost of people not protecting themsleves....us.
    Last edited by gibran; March-27-10 at 11:06 AM.

The Tea Party is a terrorist grassroots organization meant to destroy the liberal idealism and the rest of the Democratic Party in the United States. It's goal to promote an ideology of conservatism and revive plutomony into every political party sector in every last state. Even through terrorist means if its the last straw from desperate measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The Tea Party is a terrorist grassroots organization meant to destroy the liberal idealism and the rest of the Democratic Party in the United States. It's goal to promote an ideology of conservatism and revive plutomony into every political party sector in every last state. Even through terrorist means if its the last straw from desperate measures.
    Danny, That's a pretty big brush you are using to stereotype and attack all tea party participants. How are your sterotype hate rants better then those of the tea parties?

I just came across another liberal who has a different take on the tea parties than you do.
    Naomi Wolf Thinks the Tea Parties Help Fight Fascism -- Is She Onto Something or in Fantasy Land?

Naomi Wolf, author of 'End of America,' talks about why she has become an improbable Tea Party darling, and if progressives can learn from the conservative activists. 3/30/2010

snip: Justine Sharrock: First off, is your book still relevant under Obama?
    Naomi Wolf: Unfortunately it is more relevant. Bush legalized torture, but Obama is legalizing impunity. He promised to roll stuff back, but he is institutionalizing these things forever. It is terrifying and the left doesn’t seem to recognize it.

More from Naomi Wofe if anyone has time. 47" YouTube discussion of her book.
    Talk - Naomi Wolf - The End of America Bookmark it for when you have time whatever your political persuasion. She did vote for Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Bottom line: if employees actually knew how much they were paying [[or how much their employer is not paying them in wages so they can provide health care), this would encourage employees to consider buying individual plans, which could encourage competition and drive costs down.
    This is precisely the intent of the health care legislation you have so vehemently opposed.

Default Teabaggers why didn't you get mad

• You didn’t get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.

• You didn’t get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy.

• You didn’t get mad when the president ignored the clear and timely warning that terrorists were going to hijack planes and fly them into the WTCs.

• You didn’t get mad when the weapons inspectors, who said there were no WMDs, were ignored.

• You didn’t get mad when hundreds of thousands of people died in Iraq.

• You didn’t get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.

• You didn’t get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

• You didn’t get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.

• You didn’t get mad when we spent over 600 billion[[and counting) on said illegal war.

• You didn’t get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq.

• You didn’t get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

• You didn’t get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

• You didn’t get mad when we didn’t catch Bin Laden.

• You didn’t get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.

• You didn’t get mad when we let a major US city, New Orleans, drown.

• You didn’t get mad when we gave a 900 billion tax break to the rich.

• You didn’t get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark.
    You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all okay with you, but helping other Americans…oh hell

firstandten:"You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all okay with you, but helping other Americans…oh hell "
    I don't think there were any tea parties back when the Supreme Court prevented Democrats from litigating a Gore victory.

From what I read, the lies, corruption, and stealing of tax dollars were all things that tea parties opposed. Many of items in your list were also supported by and are perpetuated by Democrats. How is that an improvement?

You somewhat ignore that Republican and Democrat governments one way or other gave American jobs to foreigners thereby reducing our standard of living while making rules and regulation to make health care more expensive. Your solution is to devise an insurance plan that will funnel more tax money to the rich. Also, many of the 2,700 pages of the health bill have nothing to do with health care so there are other things to disagree with including much of it being unconstitutional. The latter, of course, has never upset Democrats and neo-cons.

again-
    Naomi Wolf Thinks the Tea Parties Help Fight Fascism -- Is She Onto Something or in Fantasy Land?
    Talk - Naomi Wolf - The End of America

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I don't think there were any tea parties back when the Supreme Court prevented Democrats from litigating a Gore victory.

From what I read, the lies, corruption, and stealing of tax dollars were all things that tea parties opposed. Many of items in your list were also supported by and are perpetuated by Democrats. How is that an improvement?

You somewhat ignore that Republican and Democrat governments one way or other gave American jobs to foreigners thereby reducing our standard of living while making rules and regulation to make health care more expensive. Your solution is to devise an insurance plan that will funnel more tax money to the rich. Also, many of the 2,700 pages of the health bill have nothing to do with health care so there are other things to disagree with including much of it being unconstitutional. The latter, of course, has never upset Democrats and neo-cons.

again-
    Talk - Naomi Wolf - The End of America
    My point in posting this e-mail that moving like wild fire among various liberal blogs was not to question so much the actions or even who's doing it GOP or Dem. But the timing, why now ? why Obama? Why couldn't this started up during the last years of the Bush administration when it was evident that the economy was going down fast. There arguments of which, some I consider to be legitimate loses all credibility with me because of 1) the timing in which these groups were created and 2) the people who are financing this farce of a movement.

I believe the teabaggers are an outlet for upset white people who are probably unememployed, lacking health care and just catching hell, like the rest of us to blow off steam. Its an opportunity to blame the black man in the presidents office for there problems just like the KKK blamed black folks decades ago for the problems then. I honestly don't have a problem with that, but lets call it for what it is. Now the teabaggers, while not violent [[yet) will try to intimidate
    folks with the second amendment.If they can get somebody stupid enough to do something criminal then so much the better.

The sooner these folks go into the scrap heap of history the better off we'll be

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    My point in posting this e-mail that moving like wild fire among various liberal blogs was not to question so much the actions or even who's doing it GOP or Dem. But the timing, why now ? why Obama? Why couldn't this started up during the last years of the Bush administration when it was evident that the economy was going down fast. There arguments of which, some I consider to be legitimate loses all credibility with me because of 1) the timing in which these groups were created and 2) the people who are financing this farce of a movement.

I believe the teabaggers are an outlet for upset white people who are probably unememployed, lacking health care and just catching hell, like the rest of us to blow off steam. Its an opportunity to blame the black man in the presidents office for there problems just like the KKK blamed black folks decades ago for the problems then. I honestly don't have a problem with that, but lets call it for what it is. Now the teabaggers, while not violent [[yet) will try to intimidate
    folks with the second amendment.If they can get somebody stupid enough to do something criminal then so much the better.

The sooner these folks go into the scrap heap of history the better off we'll be
    My guess is that tea party participants [[I think that the term 'teabagger' has something to do with 'accepted' liberal sexual practices) will lose steam as the mainstream Republican Party co-ops them.

The first recent tea party was a fund raiser which raised $4.3M in one day for Ron Paul's campaign in 2007. I never heard the term again until after the 2008 election. The concept of a tea party was then picked up by mostly disgruntled Republicans who were sick of their own failed and betraying neocon leadership. For the most part, these were people who would have nothing to do with Ron Paul but they picked up some of his campaign rhetoric. By that time, Obama had been elected. They didn't like big government under neocon Republicans and they don't like it under Obama.

Remember that a number of elected Republicans were booed off the stage at tea parties for doing things like voting for the Wall Street bailout. Big government and federal spending are the two main issues. Racism is more of a characterization made by opponents of tea parties to dicredit participants and their ideas. I wouln't be surprised that if any violence does occur, that same established rhetoric will be in place to justify government actions against tea parties. There aren't many Black or Latino faces for obvious reason. Didn't African-Americans vote about 94% for Obama? Since tea parties also are against illegal immigration, there aren't many Latinos present.

I have never attended a tea party, for what it's worth, but the couple of guys I know who have are just PO'd about big government, taxes, being betrayed, and the like.

Maintaining a safety net for people in need can be done privately or publicly. Both of those catagories can be accomplished in a number of ways. For instance, the federal or state governments can provide safety nets just as can religious organizations or insurance companies. However, if one mandatory solution costs twice as much as another to accomplish the same goal, the common good has taken a hit. For instance, If Ontario [[or Michigan) provides the same universal coverage as Washington DC for half the price, then half the money that Washington DC spends is wasted and could better be used by taxpayers for other things including the common good.
    The Health Care Industry has needed, and still needs, cost controls. $5000 for a broken arm one day and $40000 the next from the same hospital and the same doctor is the norm for this industry.

First it was Obama supporter Naomi Wolf who advocated closer ties and some respect for the tea partiers [[see post #28). Now it is Noam Chomsky.

“They shouldn’t be laughed at. It’s not a joke,” Chomsky told the packed theater. “Ridiculing the Tea Party shenanigans is a terrible mistake."

Noam Chomsky urges Madison crowd to reach out to Tea Partiers

" What’s developing is a kind of corporate mercantilism with huge centralized, more or less command economies, integrated with one another, closely tied to state power -- relying very heavily on state power, in fact -- and enforcing social policies and a conception of social and political order that happen to be highly beneficial to the interests of the top sectors of the population, the richest sectors." -link

one hour video of his whole speech-
    Video: NOAM CHOMSKY, Havens Center, Orpheum Theater, Madison WI 4/2010

Now we have these two voices of the intellectual left sharing some concerns about our common loss of freedoms and the corporate takeover with the tea party right.

Last edited by oladub; April-11-10 at 05:05 PM. Reason: 28, not 25

Stosh Guest

Funny that you should continue the anti-corporate drumbeat when the Tea Party supporters are just as corporate and just as dirty.

You should be checking this out.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...vement_funding

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Funny that you should continue the anti-corporate drumbeat when the Tea Party supporters are just as corporate and just as dirty.

You should be checking this out.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...vement_funding
    "just as corporate and just as dirty" as whom? Obama and Bush?

Too bad your talking point article gets off on the wrong foot in the first sentence. The tea parties started out in 2007 rather than 2009. However, I do agree that the Republican Party has been trying to gain control of this movement with its money and corporate friends. There is, or at least was, a grass roots movement and there is a NRC attempt to manipulate it. Some Republicans have been booed off the stage because they voted for the corporate Wall Street bailout as did Senator Obama. To the extent that the NRC or its minions participate in these events, you are correct in opposing them. But you are wrong when you suggest that the folks who booed Republicans off the stage are 'corporate'. Not sure of your criteria for 'dirty' but Obama voting for the banksters probably qualifies.

However, the anti-corporate drumbeat I referred to was that of Naomi Wolfe and Noam Chomsky both of whom suggested strongly that some ties be made with the tea parties. I just came across something similar. It was some Ron Paul supporters who went to a peace demonstration in which most of the demonstrators were far left. They were all on the same side on this one issue of peace however. It makes sense to cooperate wherever goals bring people of different stripes together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2