Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I think the plate colors went by what ever university was up for the plate that year.The 1965 and 1967 plates were Uof M Colors.MSU was early 60s?1970 gold and white was CMU or WMU?Northern?I may be way off base on this.
    You can get a "year of manufactured" plate for your classic.That is why you see old cars with 1956 plates on them for example.The plate could have been used before,it most likely was.My 1967 plate I use was new in the wrapper.On the sleeve was the codes for what county the plates were issued in.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    I think the plate colors went by what ever university was up for the plate that year.The 1965 and 1967 plates were Uof M Colors.MSU was early 60s?1970 gold and white was CMU or WMU?Northern?I may be way off base on this.
    The green and gold plates were for either Wayne or Northern, both of which use those colors. Central is maroon, which you see used a couple of times. I think the lone brown plate was for Western.

The Dude Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    You can get a "year of manufactured" plate for your classic.That is why you see old cars with 1956 plates on them for example.The plate could have been used before,it most likely was.My 1967 plate I use was new in the wrapper.On the sleeve was the codes for what county the plates were issued in.
    The infamous 1970 plates were for Oakland University. When James Hare was the secretary of state is was the practice to use Michigan colege colors for license plates