Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Try companies like AIG who screwd the whole system by dabbling in asorted ventures so that no-one actually could tell what was wrong.

You continue to offer Fanny & Freddy as the cause, but in truth, they were only a small part of the bigger picture. I guess the righty talking heads don't tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Not enough regulation of the government [[Freddie and Fannie) is what caused the current crisis.
    it cracks me up how bats keeps coming back to the same misinformation even after allllll those links in the old forum where even well-respected conservatives debunked the notion

ccbatson Guest

Your tactic of revisionist history is not only old, but transparent. No such links to any credible source exists. On the other hand the transcripts and audio/video of Frank/Dodd/Clinton/Shumer, and others denying the problem, and McCain/Bush/Greenspan [[and others) raising the concerns are very real indeed.

Your tactic of revisionist history is not only old, but transparent. No such links to any credible source exists. On the other hand the transcripts and audio/video of Frank/Dodd/Clinton/Shumer, and others denying the problem, and McCain/Bush/Greenspan [[and others) raising the concerns are very real indeed.
    bats, bats, bats. it is your team that is trying to revise history -- and most of the respected economists from your side agree with me on this and admit they were wrong to take deregulation so far. your chicago school has been thoroughly discredited here, so you have to scramble the facts, ignore the facts, or just plain make shit up to assuage your embarassement. it is so sad that all of your type who keep talking about "personal responsibility" are never willing to take responsibility when your dogmatic vision causes a semi-catastrophy like this supply-side induced economic crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Yet even with the global economic mess we're currently in, more people have been lifted out of subsistence poverty by global capitalism in the last ten years than were ever helped by communism.

Only the wealthy benefit? Tell that to a half-billion people in China and India who are now part of their county's middle class. Would you sacrifice their improvement in living standards in order to take a small number of wealthy people down a few pegs? That's not compassion, that's spiteful vengeance.
    Estimates of the amount of peasants in Communist China that have been lifted out of poverty from unbalanced trade with the US are approximately equal to the total population of the US, with a billion remaining. Chinese leaders have stated that they intend to improve the standard of living for the remaining billion, so maybe you can sacrifice YOUR job to help the cause. My wife has already sacrificed hers to India, when the company she worked for outsourced her job. Now she works PT for minimum wage and has no heath insurance, pension, or 401k.We did our part, albeit involuntarily.

What has China done to help stabilize the Middle East? They import most of their oil from Iran, and yet they commit zero troops and money, other than what the US has indirectly borrowed from them @ exorbitant interest rates to fund the invasion and occupation of Iraq. US troops blood has been spilled and not one drop of a Chinese soldier has. In essence our troops are defending India and China's unhindered access to crude oil there as well as our own. Our reward for paying taxes towards the ocean of red ink that is the federal debt, is to have our jobs outsourced and offshored by the global corporate capitalists, while our government does nothing to stem the tide.

ccbatson Guest

"Most respected economists" Rb?? Could you think of a weaker response? More vague? More of an Ad Hominem? I can't

"Most respected economists" Rb?? Could you think of a weaker response? More vague? More of an Ad Hominem? I can't
    and to whom, precisely, was the adhom directed? do you even know the meaning of the term?

ccbatson Guest

Me, of course, and, yes, I know what it means.

Let me explain how to you. When you erroneously claim that "most respected economists" say something contrary to what I am saying, you are attacking me with a nonfactual argument..."attacking me" and "nonfactual" are the key elements defining Ad hominem. If you are still unclear, try Websters.

Let me explain how to you. When you erroneously claim that "most respected economists" say something contrary to what I am saying, you are attacking me with a nonfactual argument..."attacking me" and "nonfactual" are the key elements defining Ad hominem. If you are still unclear, try Websters.
    ah, so you DON'T know what and adhom is. I attacked not you, but your ideas by stating that numerous authorities -- including some of the most conservative economists in the country, disagree with you. I will not re-post the several links I had to support that in the old forum

for a better understanding for ad hominem in a forensic setting, this comes from Skeptic's Dictionary [[www.skepdic.com):

"Ad hominem is Latin for "to the man." The ad hominem fallacy occurs when one asserts that somebody's claim is wrong because of something about the person making the claim. The ad hominem fallacy is often confused with the legitimate provision of evidence that a person is not to be trusted."

Even my comments about the various GC skeptic bullshitters is not ad hominem, because it falls under the "provision of evidence that a person is not to be trusted"

ccbatson Guest

Missed where I said that you were attacking "me", did you. " Me" as another form of "I"...maybe that is what threw you off.

rb336 | 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM | Join Date: Mar 2009 Posts: 235 #32

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ccbatson

and to whom, precisely, was the adhom directed? do you even know the meaning of the term?

rb336 | 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM | Join Date: Mar 2009 Posts: 235

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ccbatson

05-02-2009 03:53 PM
    ccbatson

refresh your apparently very short memory?

Funny, now even that "most respected economist" Alan Greenspan[[darling of free-market types) is saying he was wrong in the actions he took while heading the Fed.

FYI: Fannie and Freddy were but a small fraction of the problem. It has been stated by just about everyone except the right-wing parrots that corporate lenders like Country Wide were the biggest culprits by way of their bundling of lousy mortgages. But of coarse its easier for neo-cons to place the blame solely on the backs of Freddy & Fanny[[who are, BTW, public companies) than to admit their policies were the root cause.

ccbatson Guest

Considering that the very existence of the Fed is contrary to Alan Greenspan's earliest stated ideologies [[when he was correct), it only makes sense that the actions of this ill conceived entity would be considered wrong.

Considering that the very existence of the Fed is contrary to Alan Greenspan's earliest stated ideologies [[when he was correct), it only makes sense that the actions of this ill conceived entity would be considered wrong.
    You need a woman...or...a man...I dunno, perhaps a dog or something

ccbatson Guest

Got a wife...and 3 dogs...all set here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2