Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thank you for that suggestion, but I believe Ms. Beaty has that name sewn up. I'd hate to usurp her prerogative.

Haikoont Guest

How about "Lilpup"?

Karl is a nice name

Karl? For a female?

A more intriguing question;

Does Gnome have a real name?

real gnomes never tell

Marely Girl.

How's 'bout Bailey

Throw a dart at a Detroit street map. Whatever street it lands on, thats the name. Aim for Cass.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Throw a dart at a Detroit street map. Whatever street it lands on, thats the name. Aim for Cass.
    Don't aim for Hurlbut.

How about Gnomey!

Gnome, you must be exaggerating when you say seven pounds of hair you cut off her right?

You could make yourself quite a head of hair G.

Gnome, your 'thrusting pelvis' animation is totally creeping me out... turn it off!! Turn it off!!

All of these suggestions are very helpful, except Django's attempt at humor with his critique of my lack of hair. Making fun of the folically challenged is the lowest ... a dog hair wig? I refuse to become the Bill Bonds of the internetz.

Goodness, as low as the bar has become, it sinks again.

Rel, sorry I don't know how to edit the post.
    ----

All the names are great.

Bailey is an old family name and is my connection to emerald isle. The bride nixed it as being too much "my" side and not enough "our" side.

Gnomey was attempted but it's too soft sounding. We know that when calling a beast, hard sounds carry better. keeko, pippin, snapper ... for example are all hard sounds and are formed on the front of the tongue or by the lips.

I tried Lilpup, but I'm afraid the real Lilpup would track me down and kill me.

This whole thing is more difficult than I thought. I do truely appreciate everyone's contribution.

And for the person, you know who you are, who PMed me with the suggestion of Queef, thanx but no.

Front runners are:
    Inky
    Matty
    Gizmo

When we got our rescue dog, her rescue name was Bethany. Not liking that, I started trying all kinds of names on the dog. When I got to Ginger, after Gary Larsen's oh so bad dog, she started jumping up and down and all but shrieking, "That's ME, that's ME!"

Does little Reggae react to any of the names?

I'm afraid that all rasta, reggae, Marley, ganja style names have been nixed by my superiors

Stosh Guest

Charky? As in charcoal?

After showing Gnome's new addition's picture to a friend, she came up with her own list for the nameless girl....
    Onyx, Ash, Espresso, Moonbeam...followed by Odessa [[which she said means journey and from the looks of her "before" pic, it seems she has been on quite a journey) and lastly, Hope [[couldn't we all use a little more of that!)

Carlotta? Chica? Cruz?
    All Portuguese names.

how about Taylor Fladgate [[PORTO!) whatever Gnome's surname is

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Don't aim for Hurlbut.
    Where is Hurlbut? I have to go steal that street sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Where is Hurlbut? I have to go steal that street sign.
    Near 42°21'39"N 82°58'54"W [[E. Jefferson & Cadillac) where we find

Last edited by Jimaz; May-11-10 at 07:37 PM.

LodgeDodger Guest

Hurlbut Street is between Cadillac and Bewick Streets. And yes, it's near the Hurlbut Gate at the Waterworks Park.

Jett? Licorice? [[ I like that one ) Ebony? I do like Matty also though...this is harder than picking out baby names!

this is harder than picking out baby names
    Agreed. This is becoming more of a problem than I ever considered as it has devolved into a conflict btwn the bride's on-line friends and mine.

Jet[[t), has been considered but a daughter's ner'do well beau carried that moniker. Licorice would fit due to the "licky" penchant the beasty has brought into the family. I'll propose that to the naming committee.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast