Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by dcmorrison12 View Post
    Patterson is at it again. How come nobody speaks out about how big of an asshole he is? Pretty much Freep and Detnews stick to the term "note worthy" or "quotable" however he's a straight up asshole. Talk about regionalism... not with this guy.

So, he says Bing is poaching the pistons? How about the fact that it makes sense to have one arena for the both - not to mention people would rather be in a city for a sporting event. It makes sense to have the sports arena/team in the center of entertainment for the region!

Blah! This guy has been poaching businesses from Detroit for years and all of a sudden when Detroit's mayor simply states that he would like to see the pistons in down here, WE'RE the enemy who's poaching on friendly territory. Of course, Patterson's squeaky clean right?
    It really is appalling how he gets a free pass [[or a free ride home from a County Sherriff) on these inflammatory statements.

I also find it rediculous that OC "poached" the Pistons and Lions from downtown in the first place, and he is accusing Bing and the City of this... just because it wasn't you, doesn't mean that it didn't happen...

This is why this region can never move forward. Nobody can agree to the best decision for the region, it is always about egos, it is always ME ME ME!!

The best decision for the region is clear, but Patterson will keep pushing back because of OCs effort to exert itself as it's own 'region.' They want no part of Detroit, regardless of what they say.