Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pugh's troubles

I submit that Detroit slipped collectively into the social mindset of the lumpen proletarian in the 1970s when the murder figures sometimes topped 700 per year. I was living on Delaware and Second in the '70s when the city slipped into its present state of anti-small business ownership and anti-intellectual live-for-today mindset.

Apropos of this comment: when I was a girl on the lower East Side, the president of the Detroit School Board lived across the street -Mrs. Canty. She left most nights for meetings, driving her own little Ford sedan.

When I first started to work downtown, many years later, how surprised I was to see that a customer of mine was a UAW clerical employee and an elected school board member and who had a driver and car at her disposal, paid for by the DPS. Detroit and the expectations of leaders had changed a lot in the intervening years. The School Board got to be a patronage body and the members pretty much got to be eating pretty good at the public trough.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    Somebody posted in a different blog about Pugh that he wants the bribe money, that's why he ran for city council.

I wonder if he ran for city council out of desperation, maybe his departure from Fox was not entirely voluntary. I never got the impression when I watched him report the news that he was very intelligent, mostly because he didn't sound very intelligent.

I can't imagine the issue has been dropped regarding his wrecking the city vehicle. When you violate city ordinances or state law I don't expect that the violation just goes away.
    Interesting thought, I always felt an underlying reason for him outting himself was to protect him from station management, until he could figure out what his next move would be. I believe however if he got into this for the bribe money he was a day late and a dollar short .... not a good reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2