Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I want to clarify my position: I do not support carpet-bagging. I think one should [[and legally, has to) live in the district one represents. Just because someone serves their constituents well doesn't mean they get a free pass at breaking the law. There are good reasons those laws exist.

I am saying I believe Tlaib, and I have no valid reason to believe otherwise. And I think others will, too, given her track record. So until I get better evidence, I'm not believing his claim.

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    I want to clarify my position: I do not support carpet-bagging. I think one should [[and legally, has to) live in the district one represents. Just because someone serves their constituents well doesn't mean they get a free pass at breaking the law. There are good reasons those laws exist.

I am saying I believe Tlaib, and I have no valid reason to believe otherwise. And I think others will, too, given her track record. So until I get better evidence, I'm not believing his claim.
    I hope you aren't clarifying your position due to my response. I certainly didn't get the impression that you supported carpet bagging. I'm with you. He appears to have an axe to grind. Let's pray that they're able to work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    I'm with you. He appears to have an axe to grind. Let's pray that they're able to work it out.
    Her dad's not the only one with an axe to grind, eh kraig?

This is such a non-story, hardly worth discussing. The article essentially acknowledges by the end that Tlaib's father has some sort of grudge, and that other members of the family back her up on her residency claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Melocoton View Post
    Her dad's not the only one with an axe to grind, eh kraig?

This is such a non-story, hardly worth discussing. The article essentially acknowledges by the end that Tlaib's father has some sort of grudge, and that other members of the family back her up on her residency claims.
    I pretty much post anything that has to do with my side of town [[Mexicantown, Corktown, Delray) along with anyting else that I find interesting. If it's enough to make it to the paper, it's enough for me. If it's beneath your notice, do yourself a favor, don't notice it. Posting a comment is your choice.