Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    cheddar bob Guest

I get the feeling that due to it's proximity to the park, Cheli's is [[[[[[[[[ central at about 11am on opening day. Same with the Elwood. I should commission a study to determine the validity of this hypothesis of mine...The [[[[[[ factor of a bar on opening day is proportional to the bar's proximity to the park.

With that said, I'm sure I've contributed to teh [[[[[[ factor at Proof that last couple of years. My friend about fell out of chair when they charged him $40 for four shots of Patron a couple years ago. He didn't bitch too much about the opening day price gouging because we were in a celebratory mood, but $6-$7 is the going rate for that.

Cross post to the People From Flint Are Cheap thread.

JRolla - I think that you really enjoy the Fort-Shelby as well. I recently stayed there and was quite impressed. The suites are very spacious. My bed was very comfortable. The elevators are quick. Finn and Porter Round Bar was nice. The location is great too. If you choose not to valet park, there is/was parking available for $5/day at 2nd and Lafayette, although the rate may vary with Opening Day price gouging. Lastly, you can't forget about the chocolate chip cookie when checking-in. Haha. The only noticeable thing that I encountered was that I found a strand of hair on the both the bed and a chair from the previous occupant. Not that I look for things to complain about, but jet-black hair on a white comforter kind of sticks out.

cheddar bob Guest

I hope it was a long hair, as opposed to a short one.

LOL. No, fortunately, it was of the long variety.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    I get the feeling that due to it's proximity to the park, Cheli's is [[[[[[[[[ central at about 11am on opening day. Same with the Elwood. I should commission a study to determine the validity of this hypothesis of mine...The [[[[[[ factor of a bar on opening day is proportional to the bar's proximity to the park.

With that said, I'm sure I've contributed to teh [[[[[[ factor at Proof that last couple of years. My friend about fell out of chair when they charged him $40 for four shots of Patron a couple years ago. He didn't bitch too much about the opening day price gouging because we were in a celebratory mood, but $6-$7 is the going rate for that.

Cross post to the People From Flint Are Cheap thread.
    You also have to incorporate any popped collars and sunglasses indoors into your study.

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JROLLA View Post
    You also have to incorporate any popped collars and sunglasses indoors into your study.
    I may be cool, but I'll never be four popped collars cool...
    Attachment 393

Not many are 4 popped collars cool.

Welcome to Bleu, can I intrest you in a chocolate martini?

Best place to catch a ball opening day, Adams St., anytime after the Tiger bullpen enters the game.

cheddar bob Guest

Two straight nights of bullshit from the Tigers has me soured on my ticket package. I'm pretty pissed.

cheddar bob Guest

Another reason to skip Chelis and the Elwood pregame...I'm pretty sure I'd run into Manny and Dennis.

By the way. I just saw a flyer for the Big City Bar & Grill near that Holiday Inn Express. And take a look at it and guess why I may have to stop in there.

Yep, girls of the toy chest baby!

cheddar bob Guest

Tailgating? You're probably fine if you stick to the parking lot. From experience, I can say that you shouldn't go into the liquor store on Broadway while the cops are in there, buy a beer and proceed to walk out and open it. It's a waste of the beer when the cop pours it into the gutter. I knew it was wrong, but when you're 15 hours into a 22 hour bender, you can't be expected to make the right decision 100% of the time.

Hanging around the car in a the parking lot and having a beer in a red plastic cup - Probably okay

Walking around downtown with a can of beer - Not okay.

I wouldn't advise walking around with anything, regardless of the container. You can always just save yourself potential hassles by going to the bar. Supersport won't be giving you any tickets that way.

You might find some of these dudes at Cheli's.

http://www.thephatphree.com/printfea...9&SectionID=11

F#*K that CBD sh!t. I'll meet you at the Comet Bar at 7:30!!

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    You might find some of these dudes at Cheli's.

http://www.thephatphree.com/printfea...9&SectionID=11
    JL, someone should tell that guy his razor work should be, "Down the tracks, not across the road".

This will be the first Opening Day I will attend. I usually work during these days and we can only have a limited # of people off a day. Sup's keep beating me to the punch, but lo and behold its Good Friday and I am off! I'll probably skip the headache and take the bus down. Meet me at the Town Pump!

Quote Originally Posted by JROLLA View Post
    Not many are 4 popped collars cool.

Welcome to Bleu, can I intrest you in a chocolate martini?

Aww man, I was laughing at the guido and I almost missed the typo. First rule of snark, SPELL CHECK!

Am coming up from Toledo for opening day, needed a place to stay, pricelined it, thought I'd get the Fort Shelby, but got the St. Regis. Being a former Detroiter I know the location's not the best for opening day, but does anyone have any comment about the quality of the hotel?

If you still need tickets, the Tigers have been releasing them on their site all week.

Right now you can go on their site and get SRO tickets for face value and there's talk that more will be available tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by yupislyr View Post
    If you still need tickets, the Tigers have been releasing them on their site all week.

Right now you can go on their site and get SRO tickets for face value and there's talk that more will be available tomorrow.
    Darn, looks like I missed out by a couple of hours. "The ticketing system currently indicates that no seats are available for this game."

Quote Originally Posted by Saultp View Post
    I'm attending my first opening day too, and had the same concerns about when to get there. I'd like to park somewhere away from the park and take the people mover to the stadium. Anyone have any suggustions?
    Personally I've noticed that almost no one parks on Cass by the Michigan station. It's really close to the park, too, so the people mover ride there is not bad. The past few times I've parked there for a game [[even though I live downtown, I don't live close enough to walk to CoPa) I've been able to park right outside the door of the station. Which is nice compared to Greektown parking.

It is a longer ride in one direction because you're so close to the park - I know they swtiched it so I can't remember which way is longer now, coming or going...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2