Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Well, I read it.
    Good for you!

And as I said previously, to fill it out, it took 2 seconds to write the number as required for completion per Article 1 Section 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Great job, Smith. Now you cost the government countless dollars in unneeded expense to find out why you sent in an incomplete form. Yay.

Fiscal responsibility, my ass. You KNOW they will come out to see why, whether it is right or wrong in your worldview or not. And you guys say the GOVERNMENT wastes money? Gee I wonder why they have to, in some cases.
    You forgot to add the part as to why the government is violating Article 1 Section 2 of the constitution, costing us taxpayers more money in the process.

Census = headcount to determine # of reps in the House per state. That's it. If you wish to volunteer any more non-required information to determine the # of reps in the House for your state, that's your choice. And if the government is hell bent on wasting money to continually fail to get more information from me, there's not much I can do about that. I agree with you about the part where you wonder why the gov't wastes money. I wonder too.

......whether it is right or wrong in your worldview or not.
    It's not my personal world view, I read all about it with my own eyes in Article 1 Section 2 of the US Constitution.

As you have said, the constitution requires the 10 year enumeration. To eliminate the census would involve removing the enumeration. Drawing statistics from IRS data is not a census.
    I'm still trying to find out where Oladub said anything about eliminating the census. Why are you making stuff up?
    Last edited by johnsmith; March-17-10 at 01:47 PM.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    It's not my personal world view, I read all about it with my own eyes in Article 1 Section 2 of the US Constitution.

I'm still trying to find out where Oladub said anything about eliminating the census. Why are you making stuff up?
    1) Definition of enumeration is what? Counted? Or listed? I think listed is a better description, considering the usage of the term enumerated within the powers of Congress. If they are numbered there, I'd love to see it.

So basically, now we are down to having a list. and defining a list is limitless, as you can list anything and everything under the sun.

2) If you remove the financial support from something, usually it disapears.
    No taxes = no government = no census. Not hard to understand at all.
    Well, maybe for you.

Good Day.
    Last edited by Stosh; March-17-10 at 02:01 PM.

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/cpsta...09/pov/toc.htm

How can the government determine where the poverty is in any sort of scientific way unless people tell them about their incomes?

Quote: "How can the government determine where the poverty is in any sort of scientific way unless people tell them about their incomes?"

Just a wild guess here, buuuttt, tax returns??? That everyone is required by law to file above a certain income level. Everyone has an SSI number, those that don't file, are considered below a certain income.

In other words, they have all this info.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; March-19-10 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/cpsta...09/pov/toc.htm

How can the government determine where the poverty is in any sort of scientific way unless people tell them about their incomes?
    This might be job for state governments since the federal government has no such authority. The IRS already collects a lot of information about incomes anyway as do welfare agencies , school lunch programs, and other government programs. At best, it is redundant to have the census bureau nosing around asking the same questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "How can the government determine where the poverty is in any sort of scientific way unless people tell them about their incomes?"

Just a wild guess here, buuuttt, tax returns??? That everyone is required by law to file above a certain income level. Everyone has an SSI number, those that don't file, are considered below a certain income.

In other words, they have all this info.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_Act_of_1974
    http://www.irs.gov/privacy/index.html

If that info is so private, then why do they issue reports on average incomes etc? The info is private on an individual basis, not for purposes of statistical study. The same type of info collected, according to some of you from the census.

With regards to the thread title, on top of receiving the 2010 Census, my mailbox has now received a letter explaining that "resident" will be getting the American Consumer Survey. From what I understand, they send this to 250,000 per month on an ongoing basis. So the constitutional decennial census headcount is not enough, they now unconstitutionally conduct census activity perpetually. That was news to me. Well, needless to say, "resident" will not be a part of this data mining operation. It's almost past April 1st, I will be sending the enumeration number for my household soon.

So the constitutional decennial census headcount is not enough, they now unconstitutionally conduct census activity perpetually. That was news to me. Well, needless to say, "resident" will not be a part of this data mining operation.
    You think the American Consumer Survey is unconstitutional? Get a lawyer, file a case in federal court, and stop your incessant fucking whining. You wouldn't know "unconstitutional" if a textbook on United States government fell on your head.

Or go to jail.

Either way is fine by me.

Quote: "Or go to jail."

Fro not filling out a census form?? LOL

Stosh Guest

With regards to the thread title, on top of receiving the 2010 Census, my mailbox has now received a letter explaining that "resident" will be getting the American Consumer Survey. From what I understand, they send this to 250,000 per month on an ongoing basis. So the constitutional decennial census headcount is not enough, they now unconstitutionally conduct census activity perpetually. That was news to me. Well, needless to say, "resident" will not be a part of this data mining operation. It's almost past April 1st, I will be sending the enumeration number for my household soon.
    Lucky you. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Have fun. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    You think the American Consumer Survey is unconstitutional? Get a lawyer, file a case in federal court, and stop your incessant fucking whining. You wouldn't know "unconstitutional" if a textbook on United States government fell on your head.

Or go to jail.

Either way is fine by me.
    Jail, for not filling out a 4th and 10th Amendment violation "survey"? Ha ha ha ha ha ha! In your fascist dreams. Actually, my 2010 census form already has the number of people in my household written on it, ready to send back on April 2nd [[per the very first question). This additional A. C. Survey isn't necessary and the federal gov't has no constitutional authority to ask all of these questions, nor do they have the authority to conduct supposed census activity on an ongoing monthly basis like it is conducted. I don't see anything other than the power to conduct a decennial enumeration in the constititution granted to the Federal Gov't. Therefore, for the ACS, shredder fodder it is! Read Article 1 Section 2 and the 10th amendment if you still lack the understanding. Now, the State of Michigan could possibly conduct an intrusive survey of Michigan residents, I haven't read the Mich. Constitution lately, so I don't know for sure, but certainly and clearly not the federal gov't.

If you wish to volunteer information on your Toilet Census when/if you receive one, have at it. Maybe your district will receive free fed. gov't issued plungers.
    Last edited by johnsmith; March-31-10 at 10:02 AM.

Lucky you. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Have fun. Or not.
    I'll have a beer while I shred it, just for you. I'll also have fun knowing that some so-called census worker [[maybe you?) will be very disappointed because they'll never know how many toilets I have. As for saying I'm a nice guy, thanks, I am. I have no idea if you're nice or not by this thread, all I know is that you're a staunch supporter of the Toilet Census.

"How can we know how many U.S. Representatives your state is apportioned if we don't know how many toilets you have?"

"How can we know how many hospitals we need if we don't know how many toilets you have?"

"How can we know how many classrooms we need if we don't know how many toilets you have?"
    Last edited by johnsmith; March-31-10 at 10:22 AM.

"Polling by the Pew Research Center finds Democrats are more likely than other Americans to view the census as “very important” to the country. Seventy-six percent of Democrats call this year's count very important, compared with 61 percent of Republicans and independents." -Chron 3/27/10

From today's Detnews.com: Republicans worry resistance will bring undercount
    "What worries me is blatant misinformation coming from otherwise well-meaning conservatives," said the North Carolina lawmaker [Rep. Patrick McHenry], who pointed to early statistics showing conservative counties with participation rates that trailed the national average....

Several Web sites popular with the small-government tea party movement offer long discussion threads on whether or not the Constitution only instructs the government to ask about the number of people in a household, and not more specific demographic information. Others suggest that the census information won't remain confidential....
    Just another example of angry people undermining their own best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    From today's Detnews.com: Republicans worry resistance will bring undercountJust another example of angry people undermining their own best interests.
    Your post is just another example of assuming that conservatives and Republicans are one in the same.

Stosh Guest

Your post is just another example of assuming that conservatives and Republicans are one in the same.
    Same mindset, anyway.

You, on the other hand, won't be represented. Matter of fact, the more you resist, the less represented you will be. I like that concept. More for my area.

No. My post referred only to angry people. That both Republicans and conservatives are angry may be the source of your confusion. I am not affiliated with Detnews. If you have a beef with the quote, take it up with Detnews or McHenry himself.

The point stands that the Republican party is further splintering and is finding it difficult to cope with its diminished relevancy. Hence the self-defeating anger.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010042...ing-for-census
    "Home visits are expected to continue through July at an average cost to taxpayers of $57 per household, according to census officials. They had hoped voluntary participation would cut what could be a $32-million expense to knock on metro Detroit doors."
    Wow, $57 each visit? They really want to racially profile me that bad. I hear they visit up to 6 times, so for attempts at my address, that will be $342 of taxpayer money completely blown. What a waste, especially since I already gave them their enumeration [[headcount).

I imagine the unconstitutional American Community and Flushing Toilet Survey costs the same for attempted follow-ups. So that may end up being $684 of taxpayer money they will waste trying to illegally profile me and my household. Wow. At least, since we "spread the wealth [[and liability) around" my portion of that waste will likely be less than a penny.
    Last edited by johnsmith; April-20-10 at 02:38 PM.

Census budget estimates for 2010
    $1.75B cost of American Community Survey
    $.5B GPS work to locate houses
    $12.3B for census
    $14.5B TOTAL

$14.5B / 308M Americans = $47/American

There are 2.99 Americans/household

$47 x 2.99 = $140/household

The 2010 census will spend $140 per house; not an example of government efficiency. Consider that that same amount will be billed to those households.

That is insane..

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    That is insane..
    Insanity has it's price. See how listening to those guys above actually costs the country money? Just by NOT being an d-bag and doing the right thing.

For a CONSTITUTIONALLY mandated item, you guys sure get lathered up really good about it. Anytime else, it's rah-rah constitution. Hypocritical if you ask me.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast