Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Look, I agree with the spirit of this post, but I want to know why in the fuck isn't the MSM covering this bullshit. This is a person who is married to a long time, well-know Congressman and there has been ZIP about this case nationally. I'm a Democrat through and through, but corruption is corruption and this shit ain't funny. John Conyers needs to be brought out and into the mud and made to resign his position without honor. I don't give a shit about his past contributions to the community; I know what my wife does through and through; I can't believe for one second that he doesn't, too.
    Guilt by association is not a tenet of the US justice system. It's entirely possible there are no paths leading to John Conyers' door.

Mama K, however, possibly has proximity - http://detnews.com/article/20100310/...ral-grand-jury

John Conyers doesn't use bookmarks; he just bends over his pages.

" I may be guilty of extortion, but I never took a bribe."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahah
    knee slap
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

idiot!

I found a couple of interesting things while reading the transcript of the sentencing:

It appears that Monica expected to only get probation, since that is all that Karl Kado got. That crossed my mind earlier, just based on her demeanor before the sentencing -- she just didn't strike me as being worried.
    From the transcript, Monica speaking:
    "...I can't understand how I can be made an example out of where a few days ago another gentleman in West Bloomfield, who was the briber, got off with just getting probation and community service and he gave these people millions of dollars...To me, what's good for one person should be good for another person. They didn't charge any of the people who were doing the bribes in this case. They let them all go. They didn't charge any of them, and all of the people who were bribing and giving the money, they got zero months, 11 months, and now they want me to go to jail for five years?"
    The second thing that I found noteworthy is that Monica's sentence could possibly be reduced in the future if any of the leads that she gave the government prove to be helpful.
    From the transcript, Judge Cohn speaking:
    "Significantly, the government has also advised the Court, and I quote: 'The government cannot say at this time what value Ms. Conyers' leads might yield until the government has had a chance to investigate further some of the matters she described. That investigation will not be completed by the time of Ms. Conyers' sentencing in March. If her leads later prove to be significant, the government may, if appropriate, file a motion with the Court for a reduction of the sentence pursuant to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 35.' "

I'm a bit surprised at Cohn allowing that kind of freak show. He's ALL business. You don't joke around with him in his courtroom. He's not above calling in the Marshals and having you hauled out in cuffs.

On the flip side, he's a train freak. His chambers are full of train trinkets and he has/had a phone that rings as a train whistle.

"...I can't understand how I can be made an example out of where a few days ago another gentleman in West Bloomfield, who was the briber, got off with just getting probation and community service and he gave these people millions of dollars...To me, what's good for one person should be good for another person. They didn't charge any of the people who were doing the bribes in this case. They let them all go. They didn't charge any of them, and all of the people who were bribing and giving the money, they got zero months, 11 months, and now they want me to go to jail for five years?"

Apparently she can't see the difference between giving or trying to give a bribe and being a public official taking bribes.

Why the delay in incarceration?

Perhaps they are hoping Monica rolls over on others before July 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    The word around town is John is afraid word will get out that he is a gay black man. That is a stigma that could destroy his legacy, and thus he keeps things low key.
    If he was worried about stigmas and his legacy he should have shopped around for a better beard than Monica.

Can they come after Monica for tax evasion or are they pretty much done with her? Was there any speculation as to where the money went? No extravagant purchases? Is the "loot" in her freezer or in the basement ceiling waiting to fall on some contractors?

Quote Originally Posted by xphillipjrx View Post
    Can they come after Monica for tax evasion or are they pretty much done with her? Was there any speculation as to where the money went? No extravagant purchases? Is the "loot" in her freezer or in the basement ceiling waiting to fall on some contractors?
    She used the entire bribe money for a dinner at Slow's and some candy for dessert.

So Monica Conyers' son physically assaults the media as he and his mother enter the courthouse. In addition to that, did anybody see the report on Fox2 when they attempted to interview Monica at her house after the sentencing?

A car with several of Monica's relatives drives off, and a lady in the car yells something like, "Get the [[bleep) out of here! I'll throw something at you!" To which the reporter replies, "We're on a public sidewalk." Then the lady in the car yells, "I'll blow your [[bleep)ing brains out!"

Now that's CLASS.

She is an idiot and an ultimately evil, bitchy, bitter loser. She makes Kwame look good in comparison.

However, they both have something in common - they are stupid enough to keep taunting the courts with arrogance and non-compliant behavior, thinking [[I guess) that they can get away with it.

You can't keep mocking the court and expect to get away with it. I expect both to end up in prison for a substantial period of time for contempt of court and violation of parole.

37 Months?

Every council election, Detroiters got stuck for 48 months.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Why the delay in incarceration?

Perhaps they are hoping Monica rolls over on others before July 1.
    Probably to get her kids thru the school year.

Quote Originally Posted by xphillipjrx View Post
    According to the amount of bribes she took, it was probably spent. She really didn't get all that much money certainly not enough to serve 3 years and a month.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    She is an idiot and an ultimately evil, bitchy, bitter loser. She makes Kwame look good in comparison.

However, they both have something in common - they are stupid enough to keep taunting the courts with arrogance and non-compliant behavior, thinking [[I guess) that they can get away with it.

You can't keep mocking the court and expect to get away with it. I expect both to end up in prison for a substantial period of time for contempt of court and violation of parole.
    Things have gotten so bad in Detroit politically, that now the politicans feel they are entitled to be corrupt. Its like they are saying "why single me out everybody is doing it" Lonnie Bates said it [[BTW I understand from the federal prison website he's back in Michigan now due to be released shortly) now Monica is saying it.
    Its almost like crying to the police when they stop you for speeding that all the other cars were speeding also why single me out !

The only way this kind of thinking will get broken up is if the judge hands out stiff prison sentences like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I'm a bit surprised at Cohn allowing that kind of freak show. He's ALL business. You don't joke around with him in his courtroom. He's not above calling in the Marshals and having you hauled out in cuffs.

On the flip side, he's a train freak. His chambers are full of train trinkets and he has/had a phone that rings as a train whistle.
    Your right about Cohn. For most defendents he is the hanging judge from hell. I hear that he was active in the early civil rights movement, and he may be doing his old buddy John a favor

It's all too bad that this happens to a wife & mother, but really, Mrs. Conyers brought it on herself. Her 11th hour remorse about pleading guilty several months after the fact comes across as blatantly disingenuous. Wrongdoing by any elected official, lobbyist or businessperson is unacceptable, regardless of the racial background of the offender. I am sure that there will be some that cry 'foul' at her sentencing, on the rhetorical rationale that there whites who 'get away' with similar crimes. However, Detroit's black electorate need to realize that not every black official or lobbyist who gets into trouble is the victim of a conspiracy. More often than not, these individuals are victims of their own arrogance, self-aggrandizement, and ignorance.

Buy American Guest

Wife and mother my a$$...she knew what she was doing when she put her hand into deep pockets to pay her kids tuition. She knows what is right and what is wrong. I might get arrested if I said what I want to about Conyers. She is a crazy bitch who isn't getting what she deserves. thug KK isn't getting what he deserves. All the hood rats who raped and pillaged the City of Detroit and its' residents are working the system to the hilt and are pushing the limits of these judges who have bent over backwards to be fair and impartial. These people have money...because without it, they would have been in jail long ago. Too bad the average person can't get away with this song and dance show that they are all putting on.

I saw that Downtown Lady...after the woman yelled, "I'll blow your [[expletive) brains out!" the man driving said quickly, "No she won't."

They should report that.

And I hope the Freep photographer assaulted by the Conyers son presses charges.

I love how they [[Monica, Kwame, Riddle) twist the story to make the world think they have been the one being picked on [[railroaded). Wasn't Rosendahl the executive from Synagro, and wasn't he the first one sentenced in this. And I may be wrong it was so long ago and so many court cases ago. Then we have her statement that she was guilty of extortion not bribes????? So how can the government go after the briber?????? They have tapes, well she had tapes too??? Why would she have been taping anything???? This lady [[not) is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Amazed View Post
    I love how they [[Monica, Kwame, Riddle) twist the story to make the world think they have been the one being picked on [[railroaded). Wasn't Rosendahl the executive from Synagro, and wasn't he the first one sentenced in this. And I may be wrong it was so long ago and so many court cases ago. Then we have her statement that she was guilty of extortion not bribes????? So how can the government go after the briber?????? They have tapes, well she had tapes too??? Why would she have been taping anything???? This lady [[not) is confusing.
    I wonder if she will claim that all she was conducting her own sting operation? Can she be charged with wiretapping for recording conversations without getting permission.

Buy American Guest

All of "these people" feel entitled....entitled to take what's not theirs...entitled to live the high life at other peoples expense...entitled to fire people who don't agree with their way of doing things...entitled to actually "demand" that a judge does what they want them to do...entitled to special treatment...entitled to the expensive PR man, expensive lawyers, expensive shirts with "mayor" embroidered on the cuff....who the hell are these people and what rock did they crawl out from under? They keep coming and coming, like a plague or a swarm. Time to clean up and get rid of the sludge.

I'm afraid dirty politicians are becoming like cock roaches .. almost impossible to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    I'm afraid dirty politicians are becoming like cock roaches .. almost impossible to get rid of.
    18th century France had a way of dealing with them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast