Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

She is Koo-koo Bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Prediction:
    Country Club prison
    Serves One year [[Good Behaviour)
    Shakes her tush, at justice system

The world's comin' to an end........
    In the Federal system you have to do 80% of your time by law. Step out of line and they will take that 20% back in a heartbeat. It does piss me off that she gets almost 90 days before she has to report. I wonder if Joe six pack would get that.

I am at work with no one to celebrate with. Thanks fellow forumers for sharing the great news of Monica and her trip through the hall of shame.

I have no love or sympathy for MonCon, but she should be able to get her kids out of school and settled before she does her [[well-deserved) time in the pokey. As long as she doesn't split to Canada or something, she'll be behind bars before we know it.

If one considers the children in deciding when someone goes to jail, that should apply to Mary Jane Bong as well as to Monica Conyers. Does it? Not on your life. Besides, one of her sons is away in college, the other is in high school. They aren't babies.

Like her or not, you have to admit that she never tried to hide her inter ghetto. You know how Black folk will say "I ain't ghetto" well she would proudly say "yea I'm ghetto and lovin' it"

We can understand why John wanted her in stay in Detroit while he spends all his time in DC. A person like Conyers can be so uncultured and ghetto at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    If one considers the children in deciding when someone goes to jail, that should apply to Mary Jane Bong as well as to Monica Conyers. Does it? Not on your life. Besides, one of her sons is away in college, the other is in high school. They aren't babies.

Exactly! Besides all of that, she's known since December that she was going to prison eventually, so she's already had plenty of time to make arrangements for her "children". Why are the rules constantly being bent for these criminals? Nobody else gets to hold off on jail until they make babysitting arrangements! Where is that in the law book? She's no better than any other worthless POS out there.

So, 37 months and freedom until July 1st with no fine... what about the money she took? When does that have to be repaid? And what kind of court costs are attached to something at this level- with such extensive investigation- or does the public absorb it all?

Must be a hefty tab attached to keeping this quiet at the national news level. John Conyers was held in high esteem by many of us. This is messy and still growing.

Read the transcript. It's a hoot....

http://www.freep.com/assets/freep/pdf/C4153490310.PDF

Thank you R8RBOB!

"...and for her now at the 11th hour to throw out a parade of different allegations that have not been on the public record before and in some cases are misleading and in many cases we don't even know what she's talking about is -- doesn't make any sense."

Maybe she should have just plead insanity!

How COWARDLY is John Conyers!?!?! He married this crazy idiot woman but he goes into hiding every time her sh&t hits the fan. He was nowhere to be found with the sons walking into the court [[swinging at photographer) and nowhere to be found with the others identified as "family members". You would think he would at least be there to support his sons.

Quote Originally Posted by babeeblumer View Post

She was damn close to trying by bringing up the doctor. Say that she was easy to influence. I'm sure John Conyers, Sam Riddle and even Ken Cockrel, Jr got a laugh out of that one.

I had the ''over/under'' at 36....ooops should of posted in the sports forum.

I'm scratching my head here, reading the transcript. The court ordered a psychological evaluation. I don't think that's standard procedure, is it?

And in her OWN WORDS, she tells the court, "...if anything, I may be guilty of extortion, but I never took a bribe." Uh, Monica, you might want to stop talking....

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    I'm scratching my head here, reading the transcript. The court ordered a psychological evaluation. I don't think that's standard procedure, is it?
    The court can order it so that down the road the defense won't run to the court of appeals stating that the defendant had an undisclosed condition that was not identified during negotiating a plea.

I really think JC is going to file for divorce now - or at least, after the crazy woman is locked away and she can't beat him up!

It was a pretty punk move for him to not even show his face in the courtroom. He doesn't even try to hide his contempt and total disconnection from her and HER sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Monica Conyers
    What about my children? What about them? My children didn't do anything to deserve this. All I did was try to help somebody who I fired from working for me. I fired him, just fired him from working for me, and he didn't have any money. And, yes, I loaned him money from my campaign, I did, and he told me it was legal, and I found out it was illegal. So when I said I wanted my loot back, I wanted my money back from my campaign because it was important so I don't go to jail.
    I think that is the first time I have ever heard a politician refer to their war chest as 'loot'.

Quote Originally Posted by babeeblumer View Post
    Thank you R8RBOB!

"...and for her now at the 11th hour to throw out a parade of different allegations that have not been on the public record before and in some cases are misleading and in many cases we don't even know what she's talking about is -- doesn't make any sense."

That was one of the best responses I have heard.

If nothing else, Monica better get an attitude adjustment before she hits the big house. She'll get a smack down if she tries giving people lip there.
    Pretty funny hearing she wants to withdraw the plea after she signed it. No do-overs here babe. Do the crime, do the time.

He knows he has to keep a low profile... as he may have some skeletons and ravens of impropriety in his closet as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxDetroit View Post
    How COWARDLY is John Conyers!?!?! He married this crazy idiot woman but he goes into hiding every time her sh&t hits the fan. He was nowhere to be found with the sons walking into the court [[swinging at photographer) and nowhere to be found with the others identified as "family members". You would think he would at least be there to support his sons.

Yes, EXACTLY! She and Kwame keep swapping that same old "shovel-of-arrogance" - handing it back and forth to each other as they dig themselves deeper and ever deeper!!
    Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post

And in her OWN WORDS, she tells the court, "...if anything, I may be guilty of extortion, but I never took a bribe." Uh, Monica, you might want to stop talking....

Once again a useless piece of shit who has political connections will get a light sentence, unlike most of us who would have the book thrown at us. When will the average person stand up to this nepotism and demand Justice for all, even the politically connected?

"How COWARDLY is John Conyers!?!?! He married this crazy idiot woman but he goes into hiding every time her sh&t hits the fan. He was nowhere to be found with the sons walking into the court [[swinging at photographer) and nowhere to be found with the others identified as "family members". You would think he would at least be there to support his sons."

Look, I agree with the spirit of this post, but I want to know why in the fuck isn't the MSM covering this bullshit. This is a person who is married to a long time, well-know Congressman and there has been ZIP about this case nationally. I'm a Democrat through and through, but corruption is corruption and this shit ain't funny. John Conyers needs to be brought out and into the mud and made to resign his position without honor. I don't give a shit about his past contributions to the community; I know what my wife does through and through; I can't believe for one second that he doesn't, too.

We can talk "tickle fights" all we want; this shit is serious business and needs to be lanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    "How COWARDLY is John Conyers!?!?! He married this crazy idiot woman but he goes into hiding every time her sh&t hits the fan. He was nowhere to be found with the sons walking into the court [[swinging at photographer) and nowhere to be found with the others identified as "family members". You would think he would at least be there to support his sons."
    The word around town is John is afraid word will get out that he is a gay black man. That is a stigma that could destroy his legacy, and thus he keeps things low key.

To bad Monica didn't have the slickness of Clay Davis. She probably would have beaten the case.....sshheeiitt

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast