Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Buy American Guest

None of us know if the officers were yelling at the suspect to "get down on the ground" over and over and the perp did not do what they said. I would bet money that's exactly what was going on when the officer brought him to the ground. The officers can't take anything for granted and have to assume that he may be armed, going to fight them, run again, slash them...whatever. They have to be quick, precise and unyielding...if that means some force, so be it.

The best advice I could give anyone is DON'T RUN!

Not to make too much levity of the situation, but as Chris Rock states in one of this comedy skits... "If the police have to come to get you they're bringing an Ass Kicking with them!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    None of us know if the officers were yelling at the suspect to "get down on the ground" over and over and the perp did not do what they said. I would bet money that's exactly what was going on when the officer brought him to the ground. The officers can't take anything for granted and have to assume that he may be armed, going to fight them, run again, slash them...whatever. They have to be quick, precise and unyielding...if that means some force, so be it.

The best advice I could give anyone is DON'T RUN!

My thought on the issue is that it's important to remember rule of law applies to all citizens police and suspects alike. It's up to a judge and jury to dish out punishment....citizens and cops alike deal with stresses and strains in society...a suspect may run because they are mentally ill, could be a newly arrived immigrant that has unfounded fears of law enforcement or someone that has experienced abusive corrupt cops and is paranoid of them...who knows...
    Last edited by terryh; March-07-10 at 05:29 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3