Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

"denied legal entrance"

Wow, could've fooled me!

And those HB-1 people that our non-representing "representatives" are hell-bent on bringing into our country...

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    What is it about this country that drives them to disregard everything millions of Americans have sacrificed, fought and died for to get us where we are? ... But why don't they speak our [[my) language?
    The way I figure it, millions of Americans have fought and died for freedoms like speaking whatever language they so choose. As for why they don't speak your language, it's none of your business. As long as their choice to speak differently isn't hurting you, the only problem lies with you and why you feel that they should be acting more like you.

As someone who presumably lives in a community that has a high count of non-Americans and comes into contact with them regularly, your opinion has a bit more merit than the usual tools around here who spout off about immigrants without knowing any or anything about the situation.

MCP- the "legal " waiting time for those from Mexico is somewhat over 15 years, that's if one can still get in line. C'mon MCP you didn't know this- maybe you were thinking about WHITE immigrants from Europe. That's a different story.

Chedder bob.......thanks for the acknowledgement. I lived in Detroit for several years back in the last century, but that's a whole other story. I hold a special place for that great city. In fact, I'll be going back there in mid June for a Gar Wood reunion party, so maybe I'll get a "close up" of what's going on there now. Preliminary reports from friends living there now are not encouraging. One friend, in particular, is very knowledgeable in the area of development and restoration [[or the lack thereof) of old neighborhoods and communities and is alarmed and dismayed at the neglect and abandonment these areas are experiencing. I'm not sure what his reaction to Ocean2026's proposal would be, but I think he would have a couple ideas and opinions on the matter if he comes on board here.
    I want to take a moment here to give a high-five to Ocean2026 for starting this thread. I am passionate about the illegal alien issue, as if you could't tell by now, and I am adamant about backing up my positions with real, undeniable, true facts. Research studies and other organizational reports mean nothing to me. Even, or rather especially, when the "published results" are favorable to my position. They indicate nothing more than how someone feels about some thing or another on a given day at a given moment. All Ocean did was make a suggestion. He presented his solution to a troublesome situation that is not peculiar to Detroit, and it turned into point-counterpoint over illegal aliens. So be it. Opinions driven by emotion, misinterpreted or mis-stated facts and just plain old stupidity are in the mix along with some very, very creative, well thought out, meaningful suggestions and ideas. I love it.
    I take great issue with Tamar Jacoby's recent article in the New York Times [[SWMAP #49) expoundig the virtues of the "Dream kids" [['anchor babies born to illegal aliens) and the "immigrants, legal and illegal, who help make the country prosperous and vital."
    I do not take issue with your post #52. Your point is well made, there, and I thank you.
    I'm getting cross-eyed.

Teh graffiti means nothing "puta gringo" just means a white slut and even the word slut nowadays has a different connotation than it did 30 years ago. One has no idea who writes this stuff - foreign visitors? Illegal aliens? Gangs love to do this.

By the way who has written all the graffiti in Detroit ? Can we blame illegals for that too?

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean2026 View Post
    Teh graffiti means nothing "puta gringo" just means a white slut and even the word slut nowadays has a different connotation than it did 30 years ago. One has no idea who writes this stuff - foreign visitors? Illegal aliens? Gangs love to do this.

By the way who has written all the graffiti in Detroit ? Can we blame illegals for that too?
    Put it to rest, Ocean. This was a foolish idea. This thread really showed your true colors.

I have a question for anyone who refers to illegals as "undocumented immigrants".

Should we have immigration laws?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3