Well let's answer your major questions:

Am I an illegal alien - NO

Do I have some degree that allows me to practice law. Yes ! [[ IU JD and a few grad degrees) In fact I have been practicing since 1979 and I am fluent in Spanish [[ but not Hispanic) and so I've been able communicate with them on all sorts of issues. In one part of Texas Denton & Colin Counties I was the only [[ maybe one other ) atty who spoke Spanish and the two counties had by census estimates 25,000 non english speaking hispanics. You lived in Southern Cal and you know about Juarez? I lived 6 blocks from the border -hawthorne and Yandell in El P 79902 [[ 70-73 80-86 and a bit in the 90s) I go back [[home) all the time.

My writing here is pretty shorthand but I can answer the comment about Can I write and do I have any other qualifications that make me some sort of expert in this area by linking a column I ran which appeared at the end of last year in over 20 major papers [[ I didn't think of the Free Press or the Northeast although the NY Daily News had it either online edition or in print.

Here's one from the San Antonio Express -News
http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion
/Border_fence_makes_for_bad_neighbors.html

Here is one in the Rocky Mountion News Colorados' biggest paper until it folded a month or two ago

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...wn-border-fen/

I really think some of you are in denial, there were three recent articles that pointed to just how bad things have gotten . 1. The Real estate sales results this month which show a 50% decline and a $5800 median house price
2. Detroit News story on which people are the ones leaving- those with jobs and education not retired people as previously imagined. #3 and yes that Pew Survey - now you can say in bold words "stick that survey" and sound really macho, what I'd like you to demonstrate is any faults or bias in the methodology- that's more impressive than the tough guy behind the anonymous screen name thing. If its bad - show me.

This is your pattern your M.O. you don't like something and instead of showing the methodological problems it might have- you get the macho thing. The same with the Heritage and Cato foundation both showed the 2nd generation [[ mayeb Rand was one of them) did especially well.

I suggest more people think out of the box but I will also make the same comment to you as the two others.

What is your plan?